Ragefest Contest 2: The Sequelening

MarkyJoe1990

I could pile up the amount of paper homework I've been given over the past month and it would quite literally be above my waist.

On the other hand, I have enough done that I can guarantee an entry in RF3.

Speaking of team Astra's ragefest 3 entry, gotta fix some of those mugs I made earlier hnnnnng

But yeah, it looks like we can't make ragefest 2 in time.

Edited by Luminescent Kitty

So while watching that video (and I actually watched the whole thing :O) I made comments... was going to post on Youtube but it wasn't working and in the end I had way too many comments so here they are instead of Youtube (I'd have to have made like 10 comments).

------------------

I thought I explained challenge 2?

***SPOILER***

Fire takes shape of letter "F"; anywhere in that letter "F" is a vulnerable spot. i.e. the top two rows, the farthest left column (I think the fact that you survived that on the farthest left column was a glitch LOL) and a couple rows in between to make the other part of the 'F' shape. In other words if you just move to the bottom for 3 turns you're fine.

And challenge 3 might be hard if someone does the "wait" command instead of "end turn".

The Wo Dao being droppable is an act of trollage to make people want to get it :P especially those "perfectionists" who just can't let it go.

Challenge 6 hard mode is... hard, mercenaries can crit you and leave you with 1-5HP if not kill you. :P Also there's the turn limit, the player can't dawdle or they'll be too slow, so it might not SEEM important, but it is--wage war too long and you risk the enemy finding a weak spot FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE.

"43rd turn of the clock..." (I'm really mean with the messages :D they used to work normally but then I decided it'd be more fun to let them scroll as you play... heheheh)

GAHAHAHAHAHAA JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT THEY WOULDN'T STEAL FROM YOU >:) I WIN!!!

Those WERE Valkyries you just killed. Teehee! ;)

Gehehehe, you can't steal in hard mode. ONLY IN NORMAL MODE! :D

Actually Fog of War increases. Starts off very light so that you can see almost everything, and decreases by 1 space every challenge, until the final challenge, where it reaches 4 I think. Which is above the limit.

The final scene is actually a reference to each of the challenges. Each line references the challenge and what Emowood did to surpass them. e.g. in the first challenge you're supposed to "avoid" enemies, and he "avoided" his fears. He befriended death by being the master of hell (hell is a reference to the fire traps in challenge 2). "You did nothing" refers to challenge 4 (I skipped 3 :P). Waging war refers to 5/6 (choosing enemies and fighting them). He was a coward in that he used the Windy Sword to attack from far. (TBC)

The challenges literally tell you "don't trust anyone", and so you're not supposed to :P. You fight alone (selecting "friends" makes it unbeatable AFAIK). By choosing "enemies" you forsake "friends" so that you can get power (the experience/stat-boosts from enemies). The "people who tried to stop you" were the thieves who tried to make it impossible to win by stealing your stuff. "listened to no one, not even I" refers to not following the directions of challenge 9 (which, are, of course, a scam :P). "stayed path of destruction" = kept killing things despite challenge 9's description. (TBC)

By obtaining the shadow blade he embraced the shadows. Furthermore he "asborbed darkness" figuratively in that the Shadow Blade absorbs Darkness' HP... see what I did there? He consumes darkness and makes it a part of himself by stealing Darkness' HP. And he has not escaped anything--rather, he has become a true Prisoner of Darkness.

~The End~

-------------------

Looking back the ending was definitely confusing and could have been much better written. Also I think challenge 6's rain thing with the weird text was probably a bit much and just detracted from the game instead of making it more trolley. I also probably shouldn't have made his growths THAT good, though... no regrets, after losing to my own hack as many times as I did (probably in the 100's) it felt good to see it be such a breeze.

I'm kind of sad I couldn't see your 1st-time reactions (I really wanted to see someone play it and get trolled and rage, because being a sadist once in a while is fun) but meh, I'm *satisfied*. I'm surprised you didn't point out as many flaws as you could have and that you didn't comment on the music (or fight the final boss in animations D: I really like the animation and music I chose for him XD the animation was SOOOOOOO hard to make *wink*) but whatever, I have nothing to complain about. Thank you for letting me resubmit though, I would have felt bad if I were disqualified...

"I'm kind of sad I couldn't see your 1st-time reactions (I really wanted to see someone play it and get trolled and rage, because being a sadist once in a while is fun) but meh, I'm *satisfied*. I'm surprised you didn't point out as many flaws as you could have and that you didn't comment on the music (or fight the final boss in animations D: I really like the animation and music I chose for him XD the animation was SOOOOOOO hard to make *wink*) but whatever, I have nothing to complain about. Thank you for letting me resubmit though, I would have felt bad if I were disqualified..."

What's thiiiiis? I found the blind footage of me playing the chapter.

Well then. I suppose no one would mind me uploading this~

Oh. It includes the final boss animation too~

*will probably upload it tomorrow*

Also, you have my compliments, Blazer. I'm really impressed by the amount of symbolism you have in this hack despite it mostly being just a black screen with a guy on it. XD

Edited by MarkyJoe1990