(FE6 & 7) Elibe Super Draft

Janissary

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell, I'll take the open slot.

Sounds good. I will post the new randomized order momentarily.

EDIT: Order has been posted. Random.org hates me, and has chosen me to be last yet again. Jake gets first pick. Horace, you get your wish and now pick 3rd instead of 1st.

Edited by Janissary

Ehh, that sort of defeats the purpose of the random. Otherwise, I would have just let it be first come, first serve, and have taken either the 3rd or 4th pick.

I guess, if that's important to you. I've just always wanted to try going either first or last so I can pick two units at a time.

Random.org hates me, and has chosen me to be last yet again.

Last is the best spot, since you get first choice of the worse characters and can still get good better characters.

Unless you're drafting FE9 or FE10, but that's a different story.

I didn't get a chance to weigh in on it before, but I must say seeing the discussion over Lalum/Elphin being free I fully support the TC with his decision on that regard. He was just following in the example of both of the previous HM FE6 draft, and from my experiences I can say that Lalum saved more turns due to her contributions than any other member on my team barring perhaps Thany. Also, I want to say I love the idea of this, and if I weren't completely swamped in the final months of my Ph.D. program I would have loved to have taken part. Good luck to all of the competitors.

I guess, if that's important to you. I've just always wanted to try going either first or last so I can pick two units at a time.

I've never drafted last either, but hey, I guess I will now. Hopefully Sophia my girl is still there when it gets around to me.

I didn't get a chance to weigh in on it before, but I must say seeing the discussion over Lalum/Elphin being free I fully support the TC with his decision on that regard. He was just following in the example of both of the previous HM FE6 draft, and from my experiences I can say that Lalum saved more turns due to her contributions than any other member on my team barring perhaps Thany. Also, I want to say I love the idea of this, and if I weren't completely swamped in the final months of my Ph.D. program I would have loved to have taken part. Good luck to all of the competitors.

Thanks. I think it is going to be really interesting to see how the draft works out. Obviously FE6 is a harder game, so having a good team is more important, but I am hoping with the staggered scoring based on the inidividual game's turn count that FE7 units are picked on closer ground to FE6 units.

Or I might just be crazy and FE7 units might fly off the board. That's the fun of the draft.

Edited by Janissary

I've never drafted last either, but hey, I guess I will now. Hopefully Sophia my girl is still there when it gets around to me.

Wait, you just said:

Random.org hates me, and has chosen me to be last yet again.

Last is the best spot, since you get first choice of the worse characters and can still get good better characters.

Unless you're drafting FE9 or FE10, but that's a different story.

That isn't necessarily true here. 85 draftees means the last drafter gets the unit at the end. If there were 80/90 draftees, then that would work.

Sorry to be unclear, I was referring the first randomization of this drafting tournament (when I thought Joerachi was going to draft). I was also chosen last in that order.

Well, you didn't seem to want to be last, and I do want to be last, so is it really a big deal to not have it completely "random" if we both want it and the other drafters aren't opposed?

*shrug* It is what it is. Radiant Dragon seems to think it's good, and I should still end up with one of the units I would like to take first round, and if not, oh well. Not my most desired spot, but I'll be ok.

*shrug* It is what it is. Radiant Dragon seems to think it's good, and I should still end up with one of the units I would like to take first round, and if not, oh well. Not my most desired spot, but I'll be ok.

Well, that's why I responded to RD's post; this is not the same situation as he was assuming.

Well, that's why I responded to RD's post; this is not the same situation as he was assuming.

Yeah, true, but honestly, how usable will any of the final 5 units be? I imagine they will be Geitz, Sophia, Wendy, Barth, and Nino... so I mean, not like any of those 5 are something to write home about.

Yeah, true, but honestly, how usable will any of the final 5 units be? I imagine they will be Geitz, Sophia, Wendy, Barth, and Nino... so I mean, not like any of those 5 are something to write home about.

I'd take Nino over Karla.

In any case, the point is that the last drafter gets the last pick of both the good and bad units, so the situation isn't so beneficial.

I would pick Nino before I'd pick Karla or Wallace. She's not that bad when you're short on units.

Edited by Radiant Dragon

Pretty sure you pick one or the other game to take a unit from not both. Hence the comments about reweighting the scoring method due to the fact that otherwise FE6 units would be inherently more valuable, etc.

Pretty sure you pick one or the other game to take a unit from not both. Hence the comments about reweighting the scoring method due to the fact that otherwise FE6 units would be inherently more valuable, etc.

So I would just pick Alan?