(FE6 & 7) Elibe Super Draft

Janissary

I will add a member card exemption to the thieving rules.

Awesome.

But seriously, Matthew and Legault? Like, what's the point?

Also, I won't actually be able to start this until I get my computer back because it has my ROMs and emulators.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why the Member Card should be exempt from the thieving penalty. After all, it is a boon to whoever drafts the thieves.

The FE7 secret shop kind of blows, anyway.

Edited by dondon151

I don't see why the Member Card should be exempt from the thieving penalty. After all, it is a boon to whoever drafts the thieves.

The FE7 secret shop kind of blows, anyway.

I want Physic and Barrier.

Then you better damn well recruit Legault and, uh... recruit Pent. Or you should have drafted a thief.

Or there can just be a rule that allows us to Steal the Member Card :): .

In all seriousness, I think we should just get the opinions of all (or as many as possible) the drafters on it. We're already not getting the Silver Card.

Also, in regard to going to 13x, anybody without Oswin or 4 units in that chapter will have to take a meatshielding/unit useage penalty in order to visit the village.

And I disagree with allowing to steal the member card, even though it would benefit me. We should wait to see what Janissary says though, it's his draft.

Edited by General_Horace

In all honesty, as much as I want it, it probably is better not to allow Stealing of the Member Card. We can't go making random exceptions now that drafting is finished.

Sorry I brought it up.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

I know I'm not technically a drafter, but I think that the Member Card should be exclusive to those who draft a Thief, since it's not exactly gamebreaking, and adds value to the otherwise somewhat physically incompetent fighters.

@Horace: Why not? If that means it takes an extra turn for Marcus to secure that area, then so be it.

Edited by Radiant Dragon

I know I'm not technically a drafter, but I think that the Member Card should be exclusive to those who draft a Thief, since it's not exactly gamebreaking, and adds value to the otherwise somewhat physically incompetent fighters.

This seems to be the general consensus, so I will go with it. I could go either way. After all, you could always just take a 4 turn penalty if you want it that much.

@Horace: Why not? If that means it takes an extra turn for Marcus to secure that area, then so be it.

If Marcus goes to the left, all the enemies from the south come up to kill your undrafted units/Rebecca/Eliwood/other shitty earlygame unit. And Marcus starts to the far right. But I guess I could take the extra 2/3 turns it takes.

Edited by General_Horace

I always remember Marcus starting to the left, for some reason... Huh.

Edit: Apparently, according to WoD, the starting positions of your units in that chapter is at least a little random.

Edited by Radiant Dragon

The deployment of Ch 13 and 13x change based on mostly unknown factors but probably have something to do with Lyn mode. I made a topic about it here.

I've tried restarting 13x multiple times, and WoD also says that unit placement has something to do with Lyn mode, so I'm going to assume that is that cause. Meanwhile, this is going to be confusing, as I started FE6.

Chapter 1 (FE6) - 6/6 Turns

Yay for Lance being a distraction.

Marcus ran ahead of the others, weakening bandits for Roy to kill. On turn 3, Marcus rescued Roy, and headed for the boss. Lance was on a forest to the south, surrounded by bandits.

Marcus dropped Roy, while he parked in front of the boss, and Marcus had to dodge 4 attacks from the boss (at ~25 displayed hit to live, and Roy had to dodge 1 of 3 42, 42 and 76 displayed hit to live. Lance got the gold village on turn 6, while Roy Seized.

16883693.png72606803.png

UNIT     LEVEL       HP   STR   SKL   SPD   LCK   DEF   RES   WEP                        SUPPORT
Roy      02.14       19    5     6     8     7     5     0    D Sword
Marcus   01.59       32    9    14    11    10     9     8    A Lance D Sword E Axe
Lance    02.95       20    6     6     9     3     6     0    D Lance E Sword

Chapter 2 - 9/15 Turns

This one was tougher, as I don't have Thany/anybody from Dieck's group to kill the enemies, so Marcus had to slow down to kill them. Lance is already doubling, and is insanely blessed, although he didn't do much this chapter. Thany got the armourslayer from Merlinus, and she passed it on to Marcus, who ORKO'd Rude.

23157155.png56527073.png

UNIT     LEVEL       HP   STR   SKL   SPD   LCK   DEF   RES   WEP                        SUPPORT
Roy      03.70       20    6     6     9     8     5     0    D Sword
Marcus   02.30       33    9    14    11    10     9     8    A Lance D Sword E Axe
Lance    04.44       21    8     7    11     3     7     0    D Lance E Sword

Edited by General_Horace

Stupid gaiden cost me 2 turns.

Oh damn, you've already done it. I thought of this in the shower, but it might be too late now. I think visiting the Torch Village in 13 should be free for any unit to do since 13x is required.

Oh damn, you've already done it. I thought of this in the shower, but it might be too late now. I think visiting the Torch Village in 13 should be free for any unit to do since 13x is required.

I've kept a save at chapter 13 in case people decided differently, and 13x will be a greater problem I think. Also, there is that cavalier by the village that said unit would have to kill/avoid.

I've kept a save at chapter 13 in case people decided differently, and 13x will be a greater problem I think. Also, there is that cavalier by the village that said unit would have to kill/avoid.

You can just send Marcus and Hector that way to clear the path and move them ahead while someone else Visits.

You can just send Marcus and Hector that way to clear the path and move them ahead while someone else Visits.

Alright, i'll experiment with that.

However, 13x is going to be impossible for myself and anyone else with only 3 earlygame units without meatshielding.

And yeah, I don't see why 28x is prohibited.

Alright, i'll experiment with that.

However, 13x is going to be impossible for myself and anyone else with only 3 earlygame units without meatshielding.

And yeah, I don't see why 28x is prohibited.

It's my understanding that meatshielding is typically prohibited, but I don't see why undrafted units can't be attacked. I have no issue with units being attacked, I think meatshielding would really only apply if do something like drop Oswin in a chokepoint and position Rebecca behind and abuse it for XP. But, I have no issue with you using an unequipped Oswin to prevent the southern bandits from crushing you, or something. Especially for 13x.

Also, 28x was prohibited due to the exhoribitant advantage given to fliers in that chapter. It had been brought up previously before the tourney was really established, and it seemed like a good idea. However, it is the only way to get a Fell Contract until Chapter 31, so I could hear an argument for instating it.

For 28x, whoever doesn't have a flier's turncount will be a lot higher compared to everyone elses, I see that.

Going to try something different for chapter 13.

Yeah. I think RD brought it up because even if you efficiently clear the area, you might have to wait 2 or 3 turns simply due to inability to travel over water.

EDIT: I'm still just sort of messing around with the early game AI in FE6. I'll probably have a chapter or two up tonight.

Edited by Janissary

The fastest clear of 28x without a flier is 15 turns or something ridiculous like that, if I recall correctly.

On the subject of 13x, how about making it not count against turncount, similar to FE6 20x? That way those who can't reach/complete it without penalties don't have to, but those who can can take advantage of the extra EXP, 5000 gold and early Merlinus.

Edited by Radiant Dragon

I just completed 13 in 6 turns, if we are allowed to have Oswin and Lowen power west weaponless to reach the village, with Rebecca breaking the snag. If we're not, I'm fine with RD's suggestion.

Edited by General_Horace