Janissary

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I guess I still get Lance

RFoF would pick Prissy

Also,

RNG: Don't abuse it. Save states are ok due to the nature of FE6's RNG, but please do not use them to abuse stat gains. Have more respect for the compeitition than that.

You mean savestates for the more dodgy bosses that are luck based when playing efficiently, correct? I don't agree with using them with the completion of the chapter up to the boss.

And there better not be any I'm pretty sure there are no savestates for FE7.

Edited by General_Horace

Save states are built into VBA (or whatever emulator you may use), not the individual games.

I believe he was saying that FE7 savestates shouldn't be allowed. And they aren't. Horace has the spirit of the comments correct. I will edit the OP to be more clear.

I believe he was saying that FE7 savestates shouldn't be allowed. And they aren't. Horace has the spirit of the comments correct. I will edit the OP to be more clear.

Pretty sure that's not what he was saying considering how he said it and who he responded to (you).

And wait, are you saying FE7 save states won't be allowed? That's pretty pointless if you ask me. As long as people don't RNG abuse (which you've already stated), all they do is reduce the tedium of trying new strategies.

Dieck and Thany

Pretty sure that's not what he was saying considering how he said it and who he responded to (you).

And wait, are you saying FE7 save states won't be allowed? That's pretty pointless if you ask me. As long as people don't RNG abuse (which you've already stated), all they do is reduce the tedium of trying new strategies.

If the majority is ok with savestates in both games, I can change it. I don't really have a preference, I just figured since HHM isn't a huge deal, we probably didn't need it as much as the super dodgy lames in FE6.

Edited by Janissary

Rutgar.

And I'm flexible with savestates, I don't usually use them myself, with the exception of the start of every chapter, so if I fail, I don't have to push control-R. But if others are cool with it, i'll oblige.

Rutgar.

And I'm flexible with savestates, I don't usually use them myself, with the exception of the start of every chapter, so if I fail, I don't have to push control-R. But if others are cool with it, i'll oblige.

I pretty much only ever use them on Fog of War maps so I don't have to totally restart every time I forget the Mamkute's range, etc. I would be cool either way.

I think it'll result in quicker, more frequent updates, so I think it should be a go. Drafts are no fun when you're the only one updating.

Agreed. This draft is already a monster as it is...

EDIT: And I just unlocked HM for FE6 on this ROM finally... lol shoulda done that awhile ago.

Edited by Janissary

I wasn't really saying it was bad, it was just a comment. Also, is anyone opposed to Matthew being free for Chapter 11? It was brought up before, and I did a dry run without Matthew and it was pretty clear that Matthew is a lot bigger of a turn advantage that I remembered. If no one is opposed, I'm going to go ahead and change that.

I wasn't really saying it was bad, it was just a comment. Also, is anyone opposed to Matthew being free for Chapter 11? It was brought up before, and I did a dry run without Matthew and it was pretty clear that Matthew is a lot bigger of a turn advantage that I remembered. If no one is opposed, I'm going to go ahead and change that.

I'm all for Matt being free on Chapter 11. Does any one know where I can get the Fe 6 hard mode unlocked state?

It shouldn't be more than a 1 or 2 turn advantage, if I remember right. The HHM RNG is fixed, IIRC and there are probably still sample videos floating around from some of the previous drafts. Still, a free 1-2 turns right off the bat is kind of impressive, and it's totally up to the group of you to figure out what you're comfortable with. But it needs to happen really rather soon if you're going to be changing things.

Edit: FE6 save file attached, remove the .txt extension and it should be good to go.

Fire Emblem - Fuuin no Tsurugi - (JP).sav.txt

Edited by Balcerzak

It's pretty easy to complete chapter 11 in 7 turns with only Hector. The person who drafts Matt can 6 turn, but get less exp in turn.

How? Matt can't attack the wall, so that means Hector gets stopped by the archer with the soldier behind on EP2 after breaking the wall on PP2.

EDIT: I also just ran the south route also, and in theory, you can 7 turn that way, but you have to abuse the RN at some point because otherwise Hector dies on turn 7 EP.

Edited by Janissary

How? Matt can't attack the wall, so that means Hector gets stopped by the archer with the soldier behind on EP2 after breaking the wall on PP2.

EDIT: I also just ran the south route also, and in theory, you can 7 turn that way, but you have to abuse the RN at some point because otherwise Hector dies on turn 7 EP.

The strategy isn't difficult. It's north route, just experiment a bit and you'll be sure to find it.

I have a video on the FE7 board going the south route, it only involves burning 1 RN. It makes Wire miss on the 7th turn EP. As Bal said, the north route is a go too, you just need to position your units well. I prefer the south though, more exp.

And my pick... One sec...

Pent

Edited by General_Horace