Favourite Character With Canto?

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite unit that has Canto?

• Jill
    • Fiona
    • Vika
    • Elincia
    • Marcia
    • Nealuchi
    • Leanne
    • Haar
    • Renning
    • Geoffrey
    • Kieran
    • Astrid
    • Makalov
    • Titania
    • Oscar
    • Reyson
    • Janaff
    • Ulki
    • Sigrun
    • Tanith

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean based off of fighting and usefulness I'd say Marcia, but Reyson's definitely my favorite xD Sooo, Reyson.

If this was PoR then I'd say Jill would also come close based off of usefulness. Idk if it's just me but in RD Jill is hard for me to use.

Edited by Freohr Datia

That's why you give her transferred STR/SPD/DEF. Really relieves her shaky start.

And/or Energy Drop/Seraph Robe/Dracoshield, then Paragon on promotion and watch her wreck part 3. Sounds like a lot of resources but it's worth it.

Hm.. I would've guessed that Haar would be first

What's the fun in using a unit who's broken right from the beginning of his availability and then starts to peter out? It's much more fun to use Jill, who saves a ton of turns based on the hard work and skills of the player rather than raw stats. Plus, she never turns sucky. Plus, she's a girl.

I initially voted for Tanith, but then I remembered that canto on healers gives me a hard on so I changed my vote to Elincia.

Also, you forgot Mist.

My favorite Canto-wielder is Haar, who despite his tendency to take naps while flying, he enjoys noticing no damage from non-Wyrmslayer-wielding physical units, as well as lots of power to use against them. Ironically, despite being a flyer, he is not weak to bow-users in this game as he was in PoR, but his weakness to Thunder magic, which existed in PoR, is still with him in RD. Since Haar has, and a greater likelihood to get, massive speed, the third-tier, and wider availability in this game, in contrast to his late entry into the player side(PoR Ch. 24(including prologue chapter) vs. RD Part II-Ch.P), no way to promote a second time due to the level coding limiting fighters to only one class change past unpromoted status, and since Haar comes promoted, no way to promote at all, and since that means he stops at level 20/20, without Speedwings, since his speed stat caps at 26, and he enters the player side in PoR with 17 speed, he has an inability to cap Speed unless it increases speed every level up he can possibly get until he reaches level 20(meaning he cannot get a level-up that doesn't increase his speed, or else he'll need speedwings if he wants any chance of capping speed at all), and limited opportunity to reach a "pseudo-RD" level(no third-tier, meaning, for non-laguz units, no stats beyond 30 save HP, which does not go past 60, and Luck, which does not go past 40), in PoR.

^ Despite his shortcomings and benefits, I like his tanking abilities and personality in RD....

Edited by shadowjam

Tibarn? Naesala? pff, worthless

Jill. You could be asking for my favorite character in all of Tellius and my answer wouldn't change.

this

Marcia and Mist are #2/3, also even without the Canto restriction

Edited by Reikken

And/or Energy Drop/Seraph Robe/Dracoshield, then Paragon on promotion and watch her wreck part 3. Sounds like a lot of resources but it's worth it.

idk, I find that Jill with just an energy drop and a forged axe (no transfer) wrecks faces right away. That works too though.

Marcia is awesome, with Elincia and Titania as close seconds. But why are Tibarn and Naesala excluded?

Also, am I the only one who doesn't like Jill?

Edited by Radiant Dragon