Well, summer is going to suck now.

Darros

So, summer was going great so far, until this evening, when my dad implemented a new rule...

Summer reading.

Fuck. My. Life.

I hate reading. From most books I get little to no enjoyment out of reading them. The only books that I've read and liked throughout the past three years were the GONE series. I have to read for half an hour after I go to bed. Every night. May not seem like much, but it's going to be hell for me.

More bad news: during or after this period if I get caught with any electronic device, all electronics are taken away for the rest of the summer, including Video Games, iPod, and computer.

I grabbed the complete Chronicles of Narnia collection. I hope I don't get bored to death, and more importantly, I hope that there's no "write a summary!" activities like there was last time. Several years ago I had to read things during my free time and do comprehension & summary activities.

asdf

FML

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BAWWWWWW YOU HAVE TO REAAAAAD

I hope you're not seriously complaining. Reading's good for you. You get to journey into different worlds and learn new things.

If he /does/ make you actually analyze things in depth and write summaries, that's something to be upset about. But otherwise, no, you're complaining about something that's fun.

To Kill a mockingbird

Hey now, that was a good book!

I'm forced to read a book as an assignment from my future college =[

Hmm... Maybe some Shannara books... Darn at least you get to choose your book xD

But yeah when I read a book that I think is interesting then I get totally lost in it.

I wasn't a fan of the Chronicles of Narnia books. They seemed too long-winded and wordy and dry. I enjoyed the Circle of Magic series by Tamora Pierce, so you should take a look into it if you're looking for recommendations.

What the heck are you talking about?

In Fahrenheit 451, there's a character named Stoneman. He doesn't say anything, and there's an inside joke that he's actually made of stone, and that he doesn't really die, etc.

In Fahrenheit 451, there's a character named Stoneman. He doesn't say anything, and there's an inside joke that he's actually made of stone, and that he doesn't really die, etc.

*looks at the character list* Wha?

On top of that, I don't remember anyone named "Stoneman". Only Montag. Clarise, Mildred/Linda, Faber, and Beaty.

Edited by Elmer

People are actually recommending Fahrenheit 451? I'm surprised...

Well, I'm the one recommending it anyways. The only one so far. It's a good read. And some other people I know (mainly teachers and my dad) like it, so...

summer reading. lol. cause of your dad. even more lol.

What's so funny?

Edited by Elmer

WTF? Stop complaining. You get to choose your own reading material.

If you have to write an in-depth summary on a book, go with Detectives in Togas. I don't care if that book's meant for elementary school kids. It's the best way to troll your dad.

WTF? Stop complaining. You get to choose your own reading material.

If you have to write an in-depth summary on a book, go with Detectives in Togas. I don't care if that book's meant for elementary school kids. It's the best way to troll your dad.

I loved that book in 3rd grade! and you NEED to troll your dad here.

Something wicked this way comes

I want to read that.

Also being non-reader myself, i would share you pain. Although even if my dad tried to force i wouldn't do it. And they wouldn't take my video games or anything away (they learn that has no impact on me lol). The reason i don't read, is because usually when reading a book, my mind sort of goes blank and i feel like i'm just reading the words, but nothing sticks and i miss everything lol.