League of Champs

Chocolate Kitty

There is absolutely no negativity in his statement. He's saying it's on par, by default, with the level of this hack. If he were bad mouthing it, he could have said something like "anything is better than LoC" or something like that.

Isn't that essentially what he said.

HF's words: nothing < LoC

anything = -nothing

therefore HF's words: anything > LoC

also, I'd love meeting new people, they can't be any dumber than Celice.

Edited by deranger

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is absolutely no negativity in his statement. He's saying it's on par, by default, with the level of this hack. If he were bad mouthing it, he could have said something like "anything is better than LoC" or something like that.

funny-dog-pictures-not-sure-if-trolling-or-just-stupid.jpg

It can't be any worse than playing video games in Japanese.

Implies that playing video games in Japanese is so bad that anything is better than it, including: shitting on a pillow and rubbing the fecal matter into ones eyes is better than playing games in Japanese, or spiked vibrator to the anus is better than playing games in Japanese.

Edited by Kitty of Time

"It can't be any worse than ice-cream."

If ice-cream is incredibly awesome, 90/100 on an awesome scale, that only means that whatever is being compared with the ice-cream is above or at a 90. You're the only one injecting a malevolent intent, until that dude says he meant it in a negative way :/ It's actually a bit worse on you, because you actively went after his post and brought it here, making you more of an active transgressor than he was ._.

Not only is that a bit mean, it's also uncalled for. I'm sorry :(

Edited by Celice

Not only is that a bit mean, it's also uncalled for. I'm sorry :(

by your logic, he could just as well be complementing you

Excepting that he made an actual negative comment, based on no real merit, and actually contradicts the truth about whether I'm dumb or not :P

I guess I could jump on the non-sense wagon...

funny-dog-pictures-not-sure-if-trolling-or-just-stupid.jpg

Edited by Celice

how do you not get it?

I actually don't know or care about your intelligence level. What I did was took HF's statement, and put in replaced the beta HF wanted to try of the other game (which he would have no idea if it was in the top 10%) with people, replaced goodness with intelligence, and replaced LoC with you. And you're telling me you're hurt, but HF's statement was in no way offensive towards LoC?

And merit has nothing to do with whether or not Hf's statement was offensive, though if I legitimately thought you were stupid, would you be okay with me going around the forum posting that?

Edited by deranger

I didn't say I was hurt :e And I wouldn't care. Though it'd be nice if needless hostility wasn't perpetuated where none existed. All it does is make things all sorts of contrived.

Edited by Celice

"It can't be any worse than ice-cream."

If ice-cream is incredibly awesome, 90/100 on an awesome scale, that only means that whatever is being compared with the ice-cream is above or at a 90. You're the only one injecting a malevolent intent, until that dude says he meant it in a negative way :/

Allow me to use a quick replace.

"They can't be any dumber than Celice"

If Celice is incredibly smart, 90/100 on the smart scale, that only means that whatever is being compared with Celice is above or at a 90. You're the only one injecting a malevolent intent, until that dude says he meant it in a negative way :/

inb4malevolentIntentIsImplicit

I didn't say I was hurt :e And I wouldn't care. Though it'd be nice if needless hostility wasn't perpetuated where none existed. All it does is make things all sorts of contrived.

So do you not care or would you like to not have needless hostilityperpetuated where none existed ?

So do you not care or would you like to not have needless hostilityperpetuated where none existed ?

THANK YOU

Basically Serisu, you kinda jumped where you weren't needed and started spouting your mouth in my topic when the issue A: wasn't a big deal to begin with, no one was upset, and B: was already resolved.

If you have anything else to say to me, PM it, don't spam my topic anymore with your crap.

Camtech is right, it looks like. We all have to be careful about reading what is said, and understanding it not through what is meant, but through what we try and guess is meant. Which brings into good light the same problem initially of calling that comparison in the beginning something that it isn't. That's what began my whole commentary :)

I don't care because I don't have a say in what others do. If you'd like to continue in a PM feel free, 'cause I don't think this thread is about me :p

By saying it can't be any worse you're implying that LoC is the worst. If I said, "Well, it can't be any more beautiful than Sholes." I'm implying that Sholes is the most beautiful. I'm not trying to start anything but this is getting to be a really dumb argument to watch so I figured I'd throw in my ten cents.

i honestly should watch my words more carefully if they can cause such bickering...

i mean i don't think i'm importent enough here to cause such bickering over.

[spoiler=Spoiled for size]

english-grammar-for-dummies-good-spelling-and-grammar-936124_359_450.jpg

You should try reading this...

how do you not get it?

I actually don't know or care about your intelligence level. What I did was took HF's statement, and put in replaced the beta HF wanted to try of the other game (which he would have no idea if it was in the top 10%) with people, replaced goodness with intelligence, and replaced LoC with you. And you're telling me you're hurt, but HF's statement was in no way offensive towards LoC?

And merit has nothing to do with whether or not Hf's statement was offensive, though if I legitimately thought you were stupid, would you be okay with me going around the forum posting that?

Except the problem here is that Celice was the only person who perceived the statement in a remotely positive way. You made things clear that you believed the statement was saying negative things. Then you "took HF's statement, and put in replaced the beta HF wanted to try of the other game (which he would have no idea if it was in the top 10%) with people, replaced goodness with intelligence, and replaced LoC with you". He would then, logically and obviously, be hurt by what was an implied negative statement. The fact he believes the statement should be read differently would obviously not blind him to what you mean when you use the statement.

I can't get past chapter 3. It's turn 20 and I can't seize the gate. The Great Knight is still there

Did you read text, if you did, it should be clear that Zeek has to talk to the GK. Then to Lee. The Lee to the GK.

Except the problem here is that Celice was the only person who perceived the statement in a remotely positive way. You made things clear that you believed the statement was saying negative things. Then you "took HF's statement, and put in replaced the beta HF wanted to try of the other game (which he would have no idea if it was in the top 10%) with people, replaced goodness with intelligence, and replaced LoC with you". He would then, logically and obviously, be hurt by what was an implied negative statement. The fact he believes the statement should be read differently would obviously not blind him to what you mean when you use the statement.

...of all things for mr. moderator to barge in on, you decide to reprimand HIM for THAT?

totally not miffed about the post right above yours that added way less to the discussion

can i clear this up by admiting i was being negative when i did post that comment in the other topic?

i mean, this isn't like the time on FE planet where i got abuse thrown at me because i came up with a theory that Soren was a girl in the beta version of FE9 until an Admin stepped in and calmed the place down.

my negative opinion of the beta patch shouldn't deserve to be defended, let alone talked about anymore then it has to be.

on a question related to the hack, what is lee's sprite gonna look like when he promotes? i mean he's already using Lloyd's swordmaster sprite.

...of all things for mr. moderator to barge in on, you decide to reprimand HIM for THAT?

totally not miffed about the post right above yours that added way less to the discussion

I wasn't reprimanding him at all. I was, however, explaining how it could be taken negatively despite what it was attempting. Not every single post of mine is a "mod-post". Oh, and what's wrong with the post above mine? Okay, there's an image in there, but there is also a contributing part of the post.

can i clear this up by admiting i was being negative when i did post that comment in the other topic?

I think that was obvious to everyone except possibly Celice.