(FE10) ANOTHER RD draft

PKL

Wait, what? This would be the only draft I've seen where that's legal. I can't think of any NPCs that would need rescuing off of the top of my head, but undrafted units should not be allowed to rescue them regardless.

Wait, what? I do it all the time. I always assumed they fell under the category of "undrafted units." It's never been explicitly stated that it isn't allowed, and I don't see why it shouldn't be.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why not give the leftover unit to everyone :awesome:

Alos i have resued NPCs before... There has never been a rule against it... so... :unsure:

Edited by Jhen Mohran

There has never been a rule against it... so... :unsure:

What do you mean? Allowing them to rescue undrafted units is not the same thing as allowing them to rescue NPCs, and you'd have to be stupid to assume so. Allowing undrafted Vika to grab a Civilian in 1-8 is an example of the very reason it shouldn't be allowed.

What do you mean? Allowing them to rescue undrafted units is not the same thing as allowing them to rescue NPCs, and you'd have to be stupid to assume so. Allowing undrafted Vika to grab a Civilian in 1-8 is an example of the very reason it shouldn't be allowed.

Well, thanks for calling me stupid. But why? They are units (albeit not playable units) and they were not drafted. Vika can't even Rescue those NPCs until she transforms, which, undrafted, won't even happen until turn 3 at the soonest.

Well, thanks for calling me stupid.

Sorry about that... I need to stop letting my RL issues impact my forum attitude. I know it's no excuse, but...

But why? They are units (albeit not playable units) and they were not drafted.

Is this going to be similar to your Church in 1-1 argument? No offense, but I think some common sense should be applied here.

Edited by Radiant Kitty

Is this going to be similar to your Church in 1-1 argument? No offense, but I think some common sense should be applied here.

That was a loophole. I don't even see this as a loophole. It's merely something that looks obvious to me from the given ruleset. I suppose you see things differently.

What do you mean? Allowing them to rescue undrafted units is not the same thing as allowing them to rescue NPCs, and you'd have to be stupid to assume so.

There is nothing saying you can't have them rescue them atleast not back then. Who is saying that allowing undrafted rescue undrafted is the samething as undrafted rescuing NPC? Don't put words in my mouth.

That was a loophole. I don't even see this as a loophole. It's merely something that looks obvious to me from the given ruleset. I suppose you see things differently.

I suppose so. I guess it's just yet another thing that's going to need to be better clarified in future drafts...

Edited by Radiant Kitty

Kurth is always last :lol:

He should drop below Lyre in that OMG Tier List

Oliver is sometimes last, actually.

I could see that being a reasonable argument. I mean, as far as I recall, he and Lyre were the only two units who did literally nothing in dondon's 0% growths run. If he can't even do anything there, what the hell is he going to do in a run where units actually get stronger?

^^' I kind of get the idea of tiering but then I get confused at some of the aspects. However drafts seem to reflect tiers, all good units leave first crappy units stay for last. Kurth even with his durability lead over the other bottom tiered, well he's not reedemable and even if he's trained he's not helping much where as Lyre could BEXP+Blossom and be an extra fighter, even if she never reaches SS Strike she can at least do something useful for a lot more chapters.

However drafts seem to reflect tiers, all good units leave first crappy units stay for last.

In general, perhaps, but not always. Meg is bottom tier but often a mid round pick in drafts. Herons, when drafted, are actually usually chosen later than their tier position would suggest. Then there's units like Edward, Lethe, maybe even Tanith, Sigrun, and more that go against conventional tier positions. It's just the way drafts are in comparison to tier lists.

^^' those units usually require more resources but they end up very good, maybe thats where drafts clash with tiers. Both drafts and tiers have a finish ASAP goal, but availability seems more important than bases in drafts. I mean i've seen a few HM drafts where Fiona is picked before Volke or someone with lesser availability.

BTW a NM tier would be very different from an HM tier I think, I doubt Meg would be in bottom tier.

Edited by Queen_Kittylincia

Availability is what i aim for the most with my picks. Bases dont matter if u only get to use them in 1-5 chapters :/.

Btw, how do u guys think i should distribute my team in part 4?

(is thinking ahead)

silver marcia? Skrimir miccy

greil soren? brolan? ike

hawk lyre? Rolf? Tibarn

Edited by PegKnightLover

In HM draft I had Lyre in Hawk and she was amazing! For 4-2 she took care of the right side reinforcements both north and south, just give her plenty of grass.

I like how you spread your team :) you won't regret Skrimir :P

Edited by Queen_Kittylincia