Looking For a Good Beta Tester

BSN1194

Hello guys. I am making my own Fire Emblem hack, as you may have noticed. The game is called Fire Emblmem: The Forgotten Past. It is a direct sequel of Fire Emblem Blazing Sword. No, It is not a replacement to FE6. It's more like a continuation of the Fire Emblem 7 story. The game takes place literally right after they kill Nergal, however, nothing else after that happens 'yet'. That happens at the end of the story. Right now, I am looking for a beta tester to give me tips and ideas on how to make the game better. Right Now I have only finished a couple chapters. The graphical side of the game is lacking, considering I have no idea how to do most of that yet, so If any of you could either help me or maybe even let me use their sprites I would honestly love you forever.

By the way, this is the first hack I've even attempted and i'm working alone right now so at least give me a little leeway.

Things I've already one

-Custom Maps

-Custom Events

-Two full Chapters that are complete

Things I'm planning on doing soon

-Insert most classes from Fire Emblem 8 (great knight, mage knight, rogue, maybe wyvern knight, summoner)

I also want to do something similar to the ephraim-like class in Elibian Nights. Mamkute would be cool, but I don't think so.

-Work on a couple semi-custom mugs

-Insert More custom mugs

-working on re-coloring sprites that have mugs that have been re-colored

Anyway

Here are some pictures

post-3527-060132200 1312393379_thumb.pngpost-3527-050409900 1312393383_thumb.pngpost-3527-093455800 1312393395_thumb.png

post-3527-005501500 1312393388_thumb.pngpost-3527-049644800 1312393400_thumb.pngpost-3527-009968000 1312393405_thumb.png

post-3527-081109400 1312393409_thumb.png

I'm guessing I should should make a patch. That will be here shortly.

I will leave it up to your imagination until you play the game to find out what those little pictures could mean :0

Download Patch

Edited by BSN1194

1. The spriting I do is limited to mugs, and I'm not that good with them. Sorry.

2. Feel free to ask the boards how they feel about the difficulty of your hack and whatnot.

3. You can use a free image hoster to post your images. I'm partial to imgur. Imageshack is pretty popular, as is Photobucket (I believe you need an account there, but it's a fairly quick process to register for one).

Yeah, I always thought I had a good idea when it came to a story with it. The main problem I had with making another completely new one is because i honestly cannot make custom mugs. I can splice a little, but i'd rather have someone else do the mugs or i would learn, whicu would take a long time. My splices are very average. I sound too formal.......

Edited by BSN1194

alright i've played the game and afew issues.

one of them being automatic moving text boxes, this isn't entirly bad but the text sometimes goes away fore i notice what i was on the screen.

adding an "press button to continue" after every line or so instead of every paragraph

lloyd didn't get killed by the player in chapter 23

no custom model for Linus, Ursula,Brandon,Darin

random limstella being next to the boss as an allied unit

_____

stuff i liked

linus and lloyd had thier A support

custom model for Lloyd and Uhai

increased EXP for using staffs

overall this has some potental, but you need to work on it.

my advice would be to fix what i listed above and this hack could get some people to assist it, cause it pains me to see linus, ursula, brandon, and darin to have generic models.

yeah i know brandon doesn't have an ingame model but he has one in Sacred Contention that i really like.

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

alright i've played the game and afew issues.

one of them being automatic moving text boxes, this isn't entirly bad but the text sometimes goes away fore i notice what i was on the screen.

adding an "press button to continue" after every line or so instead of every paragraph

lloyd didn't get killed by the player in chapter 23

no custom model for Linus, Ursula,Brandon,Darin

random limstella being next to the boss as an allied unit

_____

stuff i liked

linus and lloyd had thier A support

custom model for Lloyd and Uhai

increased EXP for using staffs

overall this has some potental, but you need to work on it.

my advice would be to fix what i listed above and this hack could get some people to assist it, cause it pains me to see linus, ursula, brandon, and darin to have generic models.

yeah i know brandon doesn't have an ingame model but he has one in Sacred Contention that i really like.

Alright, cool man thanks. I totally forgot about the limstella thing. That was just something I put in there So i could beat the chapter easily and go into the ending event without having to spend a ton of time. And for Lloyd, I looked that up and you are right, So i will change that. And yeah, I would really love someone to help me with the sprites and everything, because I honestly can't do more than a couple decent splices.

Allrighty. Needless to say I was pretty excited when I learned I could play as Lloyd, Linus, the Black Fang, etc. But there's a lot of work that needs to be done.

First, I don't see why Darin should be there. The other Black Fangs [barely] make sense, but Darin? Makes none. He's not a member of the Black Fang, nor has he ever been.

Sain and Rath are not in character at all. And more importantly, why them? Why were they the chosen two out of all of the army? That's not explained.

The concept needs to be worked on. It's an interesting premise and you have potential with the idea, but it needs to be expanded on.

Also, why does Ursula not know any of the Black Fang? That makes no sense.

Overall you need work. If you want a writer I wouldn't mind lending my hand, or at least lending ideas to you. There's a glimmer of potential. I hope you can improve for the first official release because I am interested in what will happen.

Not bad for something done by yourself.

Things that you need to address

Zoldam's portrait and battle pallet do not match. Also you will probably change this since I believe Zoldam and Heintz are placeholders for the actual enemies.

When talking to Lloyd and Linus it's odd that no mention of the Black Fang is done.

Give the ex morphs better weapons

No convo between Linus and Brendan

I talked to Darin with Hector, that power hungry fool not only stayed neutral but he pilfered an iron lance, at that was when I went WTF?

Eliminate Limstella's drop last item feature unless that's only there to get to the ending events.

In the ending of the 2nd chapter, between Lloyd and Lyn there is an instance where Nergal is not capitalized.

There are probably more issues but not bad for a measly framework to get people interested in your hack.

Anyway, because there is confusion about the story, here it is.

Basically, all the people that you were able to recruit that worked under Nergal/BlackFang, all had Their memories erased. Basically a certain two people used Nergal as a posterboy for whatever their doing. And also, Linus, Lloyd, Ursula, etc were never really 'there'. They were always morphs like Limstella. So now Lyn, Eliwood, and Hector kind of discover where they really have been. And they were never really 'bad' people. Basically they were used by the two people mentioned above. And obviously, some can remember more than others.

To Rohan:

Heintz is actually a placeholder yes, but Zoldam isn't. I'm going to work on his pallete and change his name and that's gonna be the second boss.

Ptolemy:

Yes, please. Any help would be awesome, especially writing, mostly because I'm writing it on the spot. Is that what everyone else does? Hopefully the explanation I gave above makes it a little more clear. If you or anyone else needs anymore explanation.

And I really have no particular reason for choosing Sain and Rath. Those were just some of the first thoughts I had when I was thinking about the story. I'm open to any ideas you guys might have.

EDIT: Fixed the Iron Lance/Darin problem.

Edited by BSN1194