Poll: The Rainbow Potion ROUND 2

Feedback for the FE12 fan translation  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What name do you prefer for the 77 use DLC potion?

• Rainbow Vial
    • Rainbow Potion

Continued from the earlier poll. This time, I'm turning things upside down slightly...

Originally we agonised over what name to use because the best translation "Rainbow Potion" didn't fit without shortening it. However, it turns out that it might be possible to fit it in. The catch is that the text will have to slightly squashed (see screenshot on the right).

So I guess the fight has changed to second-best translation that fits versus best translation that fits, but looks slightly less attractive.

Rainbow Vial vs. Rainbow Potion

Rainbow1.pngRainbow2.png

Disclaimers: The font for "Rainbow Potion" isn't final. Also, the screenshot on the right is a mock image (the text hasn't actually been inserted into the game yet).

If the Rainbow Potion font looks like the mock-up, I'd actually call it more attractive personally.

That said, Potion definitely.

I chose vial, if only because, while being able to accurately fit the text in is good, if it gets to the point where every fourth item suddenly is squished in text compared to the rest, you'll have a jarring presentation and separate between the normal font and the one you use for squishies.

It's gonna stick out to some players. Most of them won't really care probably just as they wouldn't care what you called the potion so long as it was in English

Are you guys going to use the shortened font besides for this? If not, I'm going with the Vial, just because it's less work.

We most likely will. I think there's like 20 other items that would benefit from this, I think 19 of those are new FE12 ones (eg. Camus's Lance).

Celice brings up a good point about overusing the shortened font though. However, I wouldn't worry about this issue for this poll.

Edited by VincentASM

Consitently make everything look badsquished? I don't know... >_> Something to think about maybe...

Ignoring what everyone here thinks completely, I think Rainbow Potion is better. :\

Edited by Luffy

With the new font, does this mean that Shield of Seals, will be the Shield of Seals? I really can't imagine it being called anything else.

For sake of simplicity, the fact that the Sword of Seals -> Binding Blade (where "of Seals"/"Sealed" supposedly equates to "binding"), the fact that we've already got it working, and the fact that I'm tired of taking in suggestions, I'm going to back-up Vincent 100% on Binding Shield.

We most likely will. I think there's like 20 other items that would benefit from this, I think 19 of those are new FE12 ones (eg. Camus's Lance).

Celice brings up a good point about overusing the shortened font though. However, I wouldn't worry about this issue for this poll.

I switched my vote. I like Potion better than Vial.