(SRW) An experimental SRT J draft

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off - I'm going to propose that we set a time limit into effect for your picks. Say, 24 hours? I dunno, ignore me, just being impatient.

Secondly - If there's a chapter where I have undrafted units that are force-deployed before the battleship arrives (that one chapter when Akito gets poisoned springs to mind), would I be right in saying that they're free until I can stow them on the Nadesico/Archangel?

EDIT:

Since I'm an impatient little idiot, I went ahead and started this thing a little early. Unless I somehow end up with Aphrodite A, I doubt it'll hurt me a whole bunch.

Goin' with Toya, since Accel really is too valuable to pass up. I probably should take the Bellezute, since 7 move is a lot, but I have a soft spot for Granteed.

Scenario 1 - 8/8 turns

Mazinger owned the original spawn, then ran the fuck away so that Touya could kill the second wave without getting me any penalties. Sayaka was Sayaka and did nothing. Move Touya to engage Mechabeasts, Finger Crusher, Finger Crusher, O Slave, done.

Edited by CT075

Ok, I have just woke up. I call for you, my : Zeorymer and Tekkaman Blade. (Spare me Yu Brain, spare me Yu Brain, spare me Yu Brain)

Edit: The 4 turns penalty applies for a map or for the whole game?

Edited by Rathalos Sulley

Penalties are taken per map.

If you're on mission 10 and you use Mazinger when you haven't drafted him and he's not free, you add 4 turns to your turn count. For the penalty itself it doesn't matter if you use the Mazinger once or solo the chapter with it, the penalty will stay at 4 turns. If you use it again on mission 11, you take a penalty again.

EDIT: God damnit I wanted Tekkaman =(

EDIT 2:

First off - I'm going to propose that we set a time limit into effect for your picks. Say, 24 hours? I dunno, ignore me, just being impatient.

Secondly - If there's a chapter where I have undrafted units that are force-deployed before the battleship arrives (that one chapter when Akito gets poisoned springs to mind), would I be right in saying that they're free until I can stow them on the Nadesico/Archangel?

1. this is a good idea

2. That's what I had in mind, originally. Will be added to the ruleset.

EDIT 3: It's already in the ruleset =/

Edited by Excelkitty

I wonder, at this rate, what would be the 2 free-for-all units? Too bad it can't be someone like Zeorymer, eh? XD Oh well, can do without, can do without...

For my next one... Yu Brain.

Someone crushed my heart really hard...

Heh, nothing personal, but this is a draft after all. We're not bound to get everyone we would like, unless extremely lucky or something, I don't know...

Strike gundam!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo-

Gimme the Strike Rouge and the Blue Earth.

Scenario 2 - 7/15 turns

Easy. Rush, rush, rush. I probably could have done it a turn or two sooner if I didn't have to ensure that I triggered the second wave of reinforcements on the player phase (otherwise, they'll attack the Triple Angels before I can do anything about them)

Edited by CT075

I'll claim Aestivalis Ryoko then

Freedom Gundam

EDIT: Slight modification of the rules

In quite a lot of stages you are forced to deploy certain units, whether you've drafted them or not. If these forced units are undrafted, use this as a general rule: they're free till you get a battleship to put them in. After that, using them will mean a penalty.
Edited by Excelkitty