(SRW) An experimental SRT J draft

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brain Child (Higgins) for my next choice.

Episode 8 - Songstress of the Enemy Forces Part 1 (Turns: 6 Overall: 53)

Same drill as before, got the non-drafted into the battleships and the rest Accelerated the ones who could and met the enemies. Now the Archangel was the one to draw the enemies, courtesy of now having Accelerate of it's own with the subpilots. When the reinforcements appeared it was the same drill. Went against Rau for a faster victory than defeating the Nazca-Class.

Episode 9 - Songstress of the Enemy Forces Part 2 (Turns: 5 Overall: 58)

Hmm... first time I noticed this Map Theme plays every 3 stages. Not like I mind since it's my most favorite of the game. XD Well anyway, Accelerated the battleships so that the undrafted could get in as the SPT's and the Nadesico headed west and the Archangel and Mazinkaiser units + Granteed right. Once Tekkaman Blade and the reinforcements appear moved the former to the Nadesico and the rest north to fight the latter. Tekkaman Dagger proved to be a challenge but was overcome with some Focus usage.

Hmm, I just took notice there are still 'exclusive to each other' units undrafted there. Better be cautious since if even one ends up as a free-for-all, well, it just may screw up when it comes to just how many units we may end up using...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Scenario 8 - 6/54 turns

Damn you for being exactly one turn ahead of me. Gah.

Mwu is da man. He and Akito just blitzed, everyone else sat on the Nadesico, Minato cast Accel, everyone deployed, own the fuck out of Creuset, end.

Scenario 9 - 6/60 turns

The hardest bit was the fact that Touya had 49 EN left - JUST enough that he couldn't unleash the Tempest Lancer on Dagger. Otherwise, no real hitches.

Oh hey, it's now 2 turns. :P: *shot*

Haha, hmm, now I have to wait regarding the Skygrasper No.1. Or not, not like I'm planning to get it but if it ends up being free then, well, must not waste that chance.

I really think these should have taken priority, oh well...

Greimkaiser for me.

Better the Bloodykaiser or Balzarc's Sol Tekkaman neither be a free one...

You choose the skygrasper 1 in that case?

Have another thing to worry about. Check my latest post (before this one).

Hehe, thanks, now I can continue. XD Although... I'm still unsure regarding the exclusives to be undrafted.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

And there goes another combination attack... oh wait, it actually doesn't. Hah, this means I managed to save myself from loosing a unit. Great. :lol::newyears::awesome:

Drafting the Sol Tekkaman 1+2 means Rathalos won't have 2 free units for the most likely favourite series pick for his team. That's what Haze based his final draft off and hell, I'd like to see Cam do the same. Not like the remaining 2 units will be useful to any of us, anyway. The only one who could bother getting Bloodykaiser is Acacia and he'd have to choose between it and Greimkaiser(because they're mutually exclusive) and the Astray is just crappy cannon fodder.

Drafting the Sol Tekkaman 1+2 means Rathalos won't have 2 free units for the most likely favourite series pick for his team. That's what Haze based his final draft off and hell, I'd like to see Cam do the same. Not like the remaining 2 units will be useful to any of us, anyway. The only one who could bother getting Bloodykaiser is Acacia and he'd have to choose between it and Greimkaiser(because they're mutually exclusive) and the Astray is just crappy cannon fodder.

This is what I was worried about. If an exclusive gets free, it will screw someone or many out of a unit or two in that case, depending if it's partner got drafted or not beforehand. Well, between Aestevalis-Gai and Sol Tekkaman No.1 this was no longer an issue, since the former got picked early, though it would've screwed Cam if Haze didn't went for the latter.

That's why I went for Greimkaiser as my last choice. If it gets free, and Bloodykaiser does as well, that's bad for everyone. If one was drafted beforehand, it only affects that one who drafted it (although with Greimkaiser it would hurt Rathalos since he would have to give up on Great Zeorymer). I did it to minimize the damage here. Unless Cam goes for the Bloodykaiser and the whole issue is gone altogether.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Rathalos will want to give up on Great Zeo anyway since it renders the Zeorymer useless for most of the game.

That an exclusive would end up being one of the left over units(or both of them) isn't such a big deal. I for one don't really care I'll have a unit I can't get. Whatever's left over has a tendency to suck. Nonetheless, it could be a fair point for you and I'll treat it as such. For following drafts the kaisers could be treated as the same unit for drafting purposes.

Edited by Excelkitty

Well, the kaisers are decent units. Even with their default pilots, where I think it's where they operate best. They pretty much are Baybull and Buldy 2.0 I guess.

Well, shit, both of the remaining units are 100% useless to me. I think I'll go for the Sol Tekkaman #2, assuming that I'm not missing anything here and it's actually taken. This way I don't end up training Noal for naught (since I know what happens to Mwu).

IDFC if I'm supposed to have a second pick, both the BKaiser and the Astray are going to be non-existant in my playthrough (I'd much rather get Gai, since Double Gekigan Flare is too powerful to pass up).

Mwu, once he dies, is, well... dead. People die when they are killed (unless your name is Gai Daigoji or Kamina, but I digress). He's killed by Creuset, as per the events of the original SEED.

OK drafting is finished, playing is GO

Teams

Rathalos Sulley:

Hime Brain

Liko Baronz

Zeorymer

Aestivalis Akatsuki

Baybull

Million Alpha

Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Rapier

Bolt Gundam

Buster Gundam

Duel Gundam

Acacia Sgt:

Mazinger Z

Aphrodite A

Great Mazinger

Buldy

Layzner

Greimkaiser

Yu Brain

Nakki Brain

Kant Brain

Brain Child (Kanan)

Brain Child (Higgins)

Excellen:

Combattler V

Voltes V

Strike Gundam

Freedom Gundam

Justice Gundam

Eternal

Skygrasper 2

Skygrasper 1

Nanga Brain

Lasse Brain

Baronz

Haze:

Dancougar

Boss Borot

Aestivalis Hikaru

Aestivalis Ryoko

Aestivalis Izumi

Shining Gundam

Rising Gundam

Dragon Gundam

Rose Gundam

Nobel Gundam

Sol Tekkaman 1

CT075:

Aestivalis Gai

Aestivalis Akito

X-Aestivalis

Strike Rouge

Moebius Zero

Blue Earth

Sol Tekkaman 2

Arbalest

Gernsback (Kurz)

Gernback (Mao)

Maxter Gundam

Free units

Bloodykaiser

M1 Astray

Dat Haze's team

Edited by Excelkitty

Ahaha, so no Bloodykaiser for me after all. Oh well, what's one less unit? Probably not much of a difference per se, but yeah... at least I have the Buldy and Aphrodite/Venus A for healing. One more would've been redundant with my playstyle.

Episode 10 - The Gathering Darkness (Turns: 9 Overall: 67)

Moved the drafted north while the others either stayed behind or entered the Nadesico if they were close enough. When the Zombies arrive the ones still on-map moved east while have Touya Accelerate to bait them to attack him instead. And then back west alongside Shining Gundam once the latter and Devil Gundam appear, who proved to be time-consuming wiht it's 40800HP while the rest of the team catch up. Had to use Rust Hurricane to lower armor and spam Gravity Blast, Tempest Lancer, and between-each-otherSupport!SPT's Calf Missile and Shoulder Cannon for it to finally go down.

For route-split choose the Archangel so as to get Greimkaiser. Overall the team was split neatly in half so yeah, no matter what I would be handicapped equally, so might as well go recruit the drafted one instead.

Episode 11 - The Desert Tiger (Turns: 5 OVerall: 72)

Moved everyone to meet up with the enemies. The Archangel draw in the most kills, but at this point everyone are gaining low EXP from the enemies anyway so it makes no difference right now. After Waltfeld and co. appeared moved in south to meet up with them. As with Rau, went after Waltfeld over the Lesseps-Class for a faster victory.

Episode 12 - Within the Burning Sands (Turns: 9 Overall: 81)

With Accelerate it was easy for Layzner and Granteed to reach the Interference Devices as Blue Earth and Baybull headed slightly south to avoid Radam Beast attacks. Once reinforcements appeared moved all the undrafted into the Archangel as the rest now focused on fighting the Radam. When ZAFT forces arrived everyone moved due north to fight them off. Then the events between Walfelt, the X-Numbers, Kira, and Cagalli as the 3rd enemy reinforcements wave appears. Sent the latter two inside the Archangel as the rest engaged in combat.

Episode 13 - Departure at Deep Sea (Turns: 8 Overall: 89)

Yes, Brain Powered time! As per the 'Free until Battleship arrives' rule, moved both Brains south to engage the incoming Reclaimers. Used Focus every turn as the Brains quickly encountered EN problems but thankfully countered with their EN Regeneration. Once reinforcements appeared Hime Brain could take a break* as allied reinforcements also appeared and rushed in to help Yuu Brain deal with the Grand Chers.

*Even though the Archangel isn't available either way, but I'm not risking a turn penalty just in case since I'm not sure if Hime Brain would still be allowed in that case.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

The first ever SRT J draft in english speaking countries

Units:

Granteed

Nadesico

Archangel

Combattler V

Voltes V

Strike Gundam

Freedom Gundam

Justice Gundam

Eternal

Skygrasper 2

Skygrasper 1

Nanga Brain

Lasse Brain

Baronz

M1 Astray

Thoughts on team before starting:

Granteed: Gran is the best original unit pick for efficient play. Combined with Melua and Toya he will have +1 move and level 5 accel, as well as 300 armor extra. Expecting it to be a beast.

Combattler V: one of two earliest supers and the better one for that part of the game as well. Has 5 pilots, who get most skills in the game, amongst which (almost?)every HP restoring skill in the game. It's going to need them because the defensive stats simply aren't all that great. It having a combination attack with the Voltes means it has a fair amount of bosskilling potential

Voltes V: Basically the same as the combattler, but joins 10 or so chapters later.

Strike Gundam: I've found that the only really usable strike pack for this baby is the Aile. Which means this one should get quite a few weapon upgrades as soon as possible. All it really needs are those and mobility, anyway. Mind you that even then the unit won't be terribly powerful and it never will. Not even with the IWSP pack.

Freedom Gundam: Joins kinda late and is a real, but also the successor of the Strike and a couple of times better than it. Endgame will mean METEOR madness.

Justice Gundam: Basically the same as Freedom.

Eternal: A third battleship. IIRC some people think it's awesome in endgame, but I haven't played this game in so long I can't really remember. Basically a unit I drafted because there wasn't much good left and the Liko Baronz got drafted by some other dude(who had no use for it, mind you)

The Skygraspers: Shit combat all the way and I won't bother giving them strike packs. Not that it matters since their only legitimate use is repairing and resupplying. They'll get enough mobility upgrades to keep hit rates on them low, but that's it.

The Brains: Brains are some of the best grunt units available in his game, beaten only by the Buttercups. Nanga and Lasse both get a lot of support defenses and attacks early only, which in combination with their Chakra Shields, Vital jumps and shoot/cut downs will make them very useful as support defenders for the Supers I have. They aren't very powerful offensively, even considering their combination attack.

Baronz: Drafted in hopes of getting the Liko Baronz for their combo attack. Now it'll probably have the same fate as the Brains; support defending.

M1 Astray: Another grunt mech. I'm not even sure I'll have a pilot for it. If memory serves me right it isn't even all that great I'll probably end up leaving it to rot

Start of game!

Male protagonist, renamed Touya Daigoji. Granteed taken as original suit. Melua will be my main sub-pilot. Series favourited are the Originals, Combattler and... the SEED units.

In chapters 1-10 I will focus on getting maxed EN on the supers and battleships first, then getting/keeping their weapon in grunt OHKO range. Strike will obviously get some mobility upgrades as well as some weapon ups. Strategy-wise(I played the first 10 missions somewhere I couldn't log turncounts), none of the stages really differ. Everyone just Accels to where the enemies are. I also always take the easiest way to complete a chapter.

Missions 1-10 are done in a combined 62 turns.I go Archangel route for the IWSP. Combattler will be sorely missed.

Mission 11: 5/67

rush rush rush. Killed Waltfeld for faster completion.

Edited by Excelkitty

Episode 14 - Becoming the Blue Comet (Turns: 10 Overall: 99)

Moved everyone to intercept the enemies. When Gale and co. arrived, had the SPT's move over as the Archangel and Granteed dealt with the Katombos. As luck would have it, Gale went after Eiji, triggering the V-Max event, and another nail to recruit Gale, and by proxy the Greimkaiser. But on the trade-off he becomes unusable for the rest of the stage, which is bad considering the ZAFT reinforcements that came afterwards. Moved the remaining units to fight them off. Poor water fighting capabilities were the cause of slowdown. Quickly intercepted the X-Numbers while still on land to prevent further slowdown. Ressuply parts were very welcomed here, especially for the Archangel.

Episode 15 - Those Feelings... That Determination... (Turns: 11 Overall: 110)

Just my luck the only Brains available to use happend to be just the ones I didn't got. Heh, but anyway, got Kira and Mu into the Archangel and moved to intercept the Radam from reaching the city. Enemy reinforcements forcing to spread out thin (quite the overstatement having only 3 units to begin with lol) since I can't use neither Tekkaman Blade units. Got one turn short from Tekkaman Dagger in reaching the city area, but managed to take him down just as a dramatic finale's called for it. XD Blade event-defeated Dagger as then the 3rd enemy wave arrives. Got the undrafted either into the battleship or let them be as I got my units rushing to intercept the STP's.

Episode 16 - Brain Powered (Turns: 10 Overall: 120)

As the previous Brain Powered centered stage, moved everyone to fight the Grand Chers until the battleships arrive, again with Focus usage. Once they do, move Shining Gundam inside one as the undrafted Brains retreat as well allowing the drafted to move forward. Afterwards Master Asia keeps proving just how awesome he is by attacking the battleships while ON FOOT, and jumping from one to the other... which I'm sure the space can vary depending how much you had them apart. Anyway, Domon went back inside as the rest now moved east to intercept the Zombies and DG!FutureShuffleAlliance, and the Suffle Alliance and Brudel did their thing and I'm left to fight Master Gundam and Devil Gundam and some Zombies. Went after Devil Gundam for the SP Usage -10%.

Episode 17 - Whispered Part 1 (Turns: 13 Overall: 133)

Sent the drafted to engage the ZAFT forces. Again the water terrain proved to turn this more challenging as basically the only good water units, the Brains, are out of my use without a penalty. What I did instead was head directly to lure them into land, and while not everyone fell for it, it did drew the X-Numbers into land, making things easier. And then the forced 5 turns to wait due to the rescue mission. Hmm, that sure took it's toll on the turn count. But now once that's past it's time to unleash everything on them.

Episode 18 - Whispered Part 2 (Turns: 12 Overall: 145)

As per the rule, sent the Gernsbacks to fight a little before allied reinforcements come. As per Himer Brain. While the battleships didn't arrived in the first batch of allied reinforcement I still had Kurz and Mao retreat just in case. Either way the northeastern enemies were gone by the time they arrived and the western ones were almost there making the drafted a short trip to encounter them. After enemy reinforcements and now the battleships arrive getting all the FMP units get in as they all go meet up the enemies. Great Mazinger ran out of EN before long so he couldn't keep helping as much before taking down the remaining enemies, with one turn to spare from a Game Over.

Episode 19 - Those Who Scheme (Turns: 7 Overall: 152)

Moved Zeorymer into a battleship as the units moved to form a perimeter between the Arm Slaves and the city. Once the Boazanians appear sent everyone but Granteed and the Mazingers to engage them while the latter stay behind to fight the Hakkeshu.