(SRW) An experimental SRT J draft

Pilot/Mech: Calvina Daigoji, Granteed.

Favourites: Nadesico, G Gundam, OG Originals.

Chapter 1:

Turns: 4(4)

Akito kills the initial enemies, finishing the last one on turn 3 player phase. Combattler rushes the right enemies, Blue Earth runs, and Akito takes the right hand reinforcements. 4 turns.

Intermission: Ruri to Captain, Nadesico gets a Propellant Tank. Also, Puzzle Robo.

Chapter 2:

Turns: 6(10)

NADESICO SOLO(With special guest Granteed). Burned a propllant tank for increased Gravity Blast spamming.

Battleships went down to Ruri!Desco's skyrocketting stats in short order.

Excellen was making a comment about "no level 5 accel for you" because I picked Calvina. Well guess what Calvina has that Touya doesn't at this level?

Combo.

Granteed wiped the (space) floor with the entire reinforcement wave in 2 turns, for a total of 6 turns.

Intermission: Couple of weapon upgrades on the Buttercups, Buttercups to Aerial Mode, some stat points spent, Granteed gets the booster, Ryoko gets the servo motor. Puzzle Robo. More propellant tanks for the Nadesico.

Chapter 3:

Turns: 8(18)

Everyone went south, Nadesico took on the western battleship while the Granteed and Buttercups took on the mooks.

Gale died to Buttercup formation, causing the second battleship to retreat.

I hate the second wave, they spawn all over the place.

Granteed and Izumi boarded the Nadesico and headed northeast. They were redeployed next turn, Granteed headed straight for a wave by itself while Izumi used focus&break and took a potshot at other wave's battleship. Hikaru and Ryoko played catchup.

Nadesico continued advancing northeast with the Buttercups while the Granteed killed mooks here and there. Izumi and Nadesico kill Gosterro(not really.) Following the mass suicide by Nadesico of most of the remaining units, the last two(the Battleships) faced off against the Buttercups.

Buttercups - 1

Battleships - 0

8 Turns.

Intermission: Puzzle Robo. More propellants to the Nadesico, EN upgrades to the Nadesico(280->448), Granteed gets Chobham Armour.

Pilots:

Nadesico Crew: Level 7 with 31 kills.

Calvina: Level 6 with 23 kills.

Hikaru: Level 4 with 4 kills.

Izumi: Level 4 with 4 kills.

Ryoko: Level 3 with 2 kills.

Buttercups will need a tiny bit of time to get going, I expect the next chapter to be better for them.

Edited by Hazekitty

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Map 4 - I got you, bitch!

Turns: 8/29

Having only two usable units (Granteed and Nadesico) hurts a lot. Killing the grunts is easy but the battleships and Gale are rather tough. The second wave is easier, thanks to the high will of Granteed, it ate throught enemies like papers. Eiji in Baybuld is kinda useless, he was nearly got shot down by a battleship, poor half-alien bastard.

Edited by Rathalos Sulley

Episode 20 - There Is No Lone Truth (Turn: 10 Overall: 162)

Moved everyone west to fight the initial enemies. Once the SPT's and Jovian mechas appear, the group splits into two to deal with them. Then once the Fury appear, quickly rush north and then unleash everything on Al-Van.

Excellen was making a comment about "no level 5 accel for you" because I picked Calvina. Well guess what Calvina has that Touya doesn't at this level?

Combo.

Touya also has that. Maybe not level 5, but definitely very very early into the game.

Also update!

Mission 12: 9/76

I use everyone to get to the interference points ASAP. (this doesn;t mean I take penalties, there wasn't a battleship around to put them in). Then all undrafted units retreat as soon as the Archangel appears. After having to do a little bit of resetting to get Dagger killed I spread my people, with Granteed taking the northern guys and Archangel the southern ones. 9 turn clear. There's a high amount of enemies for this point in the game =/

Mission 13: 7/83

Granteed is starting to be unable to just take everything I throw it, so I upgrade the HP and armor, Strike gets some weapon upgrades. The battleship doesn't show up the entire chapter and that means access to Hime and Yuu the entire chapter. I still dump them up north as soon as my normal units appear. Kira is almost pulling OHKO's and Granteed is taking double digit damage. Great success.

Mission 14: 12/95

One more weapon up for Strike, The brains are outfitted. If I hadn't unfavourable RNG, this chapter would have been cleared one turn earlier. Very long chapter for this part of the game, with three large waves.

Mission 15: 7/105

Maxed EN for both Brains. Might have been better to favourite the brains instead of the Combattler in hindsight, but we'll see how it goes. The stage itself isn't too big a problem, considering I can use all the units I start out with.

Mission 16: 7/112

Brain mobility is being pumped. Considering how things are going, I might FUB them. I get kinda lucky this chapter, because as soon as the enemies stop attacking Hime, the battleships with reinforcements appear. Voltes joins and is kinda bad. Definitely worse than Combattler. Worse stats, and the only HP regen is guts, worse hit rates. Okay, there's also trust. But in comparison, Combattler has that and two Vigors. Oh well. Master Asia is blesskilled.

Mission 17: 13/125

Time to max out Voltes' EN. I also make a start on it's HP and armor. This is that one annoying stage where you don't have your original. And in my case, the by far most powerful unit on the field. Things end up quuite okay, though, as roflstomping the SEED units takes me 6 turns. After that I spend 6 turns taking out almost half the mechabeasts and then rushing Ashura into the ground.

Mission 18: 9/134

I have 100K to spend, but I just don't know what to spend it on. Not upgrading anything for now, but I might just FUB the Strike weapons. As for the mission, yoink! It's Kurz and Mao, some of my favourite personalities in this game. It takes quite a while before the battleships appear, so I'm gonna play them very aggressively till that point. Mao runs out of ammo fairly quickly and knives as much as possible.

Mission 19: 8/142

Strike gets the FUB, all weapon ranks become S. Combattler gets some HP and armor. Zeorymer, in contrast to what the asshole pilot might want to do, will enjoy sitting it's ass in the Nadesico the entire chapter. The Zeorymer sisters with their goddamn combo attack grace this chapter with their presence.

Mission 20: 9/151

100K again, and again I do not know what to spend it on. Spent it on upgrades for the supers. This chapter is a fucking asshole. Three waves of enemies, 4 ships and 2 tetsujins, only to finish with a 4th wave appearing and having to kill a 50K HP boss.

Edited by Excelkitty

Map 5 - This is..a human!

Turns: 6/35

Nothing new here except the annoying attack which reduces movement...Tekkaman Blade did a glorious job to be shot down in one turn. Akatsuki is...kinda tough and slow for a real unit.

Map 6 - Char! Char! Char!

Turns: 5/40

The real grunts deal a lot of damage but they lack of hp, evade and armor. For short, they are papers. I dont event need to use Mobius or Archangel. This map is way too easy. Ah, Char is also a wussy.

Second route-split, choose the Moon, as to keep usage of the SPT's as I don't know how much into the other route I'd get the Brain Powered's.

Episode 21 - This is Our War Part 1 (Turns: 6 Overall: 168)

Ouch, loss of Accelerate really hurt the Nadesico in this stage. Anyway, moved Akito out of the way to avoid Genichiro attacking him as the others rushed southwest. Same drill when the reinforcements arrive, split into two groups to take them on. That is, until Genichiro decided to move after Akito, but had the SPT's and Great Mazinger to quickly intercept him before a penalty could happen. Technically speaking of course, considering Bosom Jump just laughs at unit blockades. >_> But he still went down before he could attack Akito anyway.

Episode 22 - This is Our War Part 2 (Turns: 7 Overall: 175)

Moved Akito into the newly upgraded Nadesico as the rest headed southeast. When the reinforcements appear sent the SPT's, Granteed, and Great Mazinger north to fight them off. When the second wave came rushed southwest to fight the Radam.

Episode 23 - The Extravagant Ru Kain (Turns: 8 Overall: 183)

Good to have Accelerate back. Got Blade and Pegas inside as everyone headed northeast. Once the Jovians appear, sent everyone northwest to fight them. Once the Gradosians appeared, rushed east, ignoring attacking unless possible. My units are still over-leveled so it matter little the EXP loss. Nobody dropped stuff and as for money, well, doesn't compensate for the possible turn count if so.

Episode 24 Behemoth (Turns: 5 Overall: 188)

Hehe, 3 more drafted enter the fray now, all Brains. Moved everyone southeast as the Arm Slaves got inside the Nadesico. Event-stuff between the Arbalest and Behemoth, the former quickly put back inside the battleship once it was over. After taking that... thing of a behemoth... (may or not be a pun, beats me), now the Boazanians arrive, event with the Choudenji Bros., Alan, and that other guy, and now I'm free to trash some Beast Fighters and Armor Beasts, moving everyone south to do so.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Map 7 - Is that you, Killer Tomato?

Turns: 6/46

The gundam boyz arent that tough even with their PS armor. Granteed with high will raped them all. Akatsuki started to show some worth masscared the grunts and even finished the battleship while Granteed was busy with the second wave.

Map 8 - We have hostage! (if you dont retreat, we wall gang rape her!)

Turn: 7/53

The map is filled with debris, how annoying. Took me a lot of turns even after using Accel. Rau is a bitch, I didnt destroy the battleship on purpose but he ran away without fighting back.

Map 9 - D-Boy's comming!

Turns: 5/58

The map could be done in turn 4 if the Tekkaman boss didnt have that ridiculous amount of hp. A very straight forward with nothing to say about it.

Map 10 - Domon

Turns: 9/67

A wave in north, a wave in west, a wave in east and a wave in south. What the hell! On the bright side, Akatsuki managed to be shot down by Devil Gundam's map attack, poor guy, I will miss him.

Episode 25 - The Demon Is My Brother Part 1 (Turns: 11 Overall: 199)

Starting with the Choudenji Bros until the cavalry arrives. Accelerated them both north to make short work of the Skullrock and Beast Fighter Kagamikiri with the event-kills showcasting their new moves B). Too bad they won't be seeing that much action after, since after the events afterwards Combattler V is out of action and Voltes V can't possibly deal with the reinforcements alone considering it is an undrafted. Might as well lure them to where the battleships will appear, after which Voltes V now gets into a ship and now the true action begins, helps at this point the Beast Fighters are already moving to meet us, saves time. When the rest of the Beast Fighters arrived, moved the Archangel and Brains to deal with them while the rest finished of Bergan and co., then they helped up north as well.

Episode 26 - The Demon Is My Brother Part 2 (Turns: 8 Overall: 207)

Moved Blade and Blue Earth into the battleships. Everyone else rushed to intercept the Radam. Bad mistake considering the reinforcements. Rushed everyone with accelerate and again had a last-minute save taking out the single Radam who would've made it the Power Plant in it's next turn. XD After it was easier to take care of the rest. Had the forces split once the second wave arrived (not to mention return Pegas inside due to the events between Blade and Evil), by the time it was easier to deal with the first so no problems there. Once more events moved everyone to intercept the last Radam wave leaving Sol Tekkaman No.1 and Blue Earth where they are (though Blue Earth got away just in case Enemy!Blade would not follow my units), and finished off the enemies.

Episode 27 - Surfacing (Turns: 8 Overall: 215)

Don't really know how exactly things change depending on what battlefield is chosen, so I choose the Nadesico since I've always chosen it and know how things go that way. Rushed everyone northwest to meet the SPT's and fight them off. Once the Grand Chers appear Yuu leaves due to events bringing me one man short. Moved the rest downwards to keep fighting. That is, until the second Grand Cher wave appeared and was forced to split forces. Once the first wave was gone the third arrives and Yuu does as well. Moved everyone who fought the first wave north to engage the third as the others kept fighting the second, then went in to reinforce the ones fighting the third.

Episode 28 - Beyond the Curtain (Turns: 10 Overall: 225)

Finally got the M1 Astray, putting Kira into it. Certainly inferior to the Strike, but oh well, let's see how things go for it. Anyway, awesome, this taking place in Scandinavia. :awesome: Eh, right, um, Nelly Brain sure can't help much here, moved Granteed and Yuu Brain forward to attack the Baronz. Now with all said and done events and now I have Nelly Brain. Too bad about Nelly, and Yuu Brain, but now Gradosian+Jovian units are here so now move both units head west to fight. Once the Nadesico arrives moved Dancougar in as everyone else go in and help. Once more reinforcements appear, same drill. I'll be honest here, this is the first time I'm noticing Shapiro's Desire DOES tremble on his right shoulder. XD I knew he did at least in the anime and is mentioned from time to time in SRW, even used in a 4-Koma, but honestly, this is the very first time I'm noticing it right now in the pre-battle screen and now the battle screen since I put the animations on just to confirm this. Wow... SRW does shows those little details. At least here in SRW J, can't say about all other games Dancougar has appeared that don't use static sprites.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Update till mission 30. My turncounts have taken a turn for the worse. I'm hoping the introduction of the late game units will change that.

Mission 21: 14/165

Went with the Archangel, cause that's where all my units are. Upgraded some weapons here and there. Begin chapter. Waste 3 turns, kill off Brain enemies, see Zeo twins and Ashura appear, split up forces and destroy them, FUCKING ROSE C'EST LA VIE APPEARS. 14 turns. NOT PLEASED WITH THIS, doubt I could do a lot better.

Mission 22: 8/173

Now wishing missions would go back to their old format of ~3 waves and one or two bosses. Don't have a lot of money from the previous chapter because I didn't luck/blesskill quite some bosses. Brain chapter without my Brains is just lol. Also a return to the old but good 3 wave format.

Mission 23: 7/180

A Voltes and Combattler chapter. Why they aren't treated as the same series is still beyond me. Since this chapter is a boss rush, that's what I do. Granteed's EN is starting to be too low, I should probably give him something against that.

Mission 24: 7/187

Some upgrades are made. Granteed gets his EN upgraded to 15, because I don't want to replace the mega booster and +20% hit items on it. The chapter itself is a FMP?! one. The chapter is very simple. Kill Seina's unit>kill Behemoth>Kill skullthing. I regret not blesskilling the last one.

Mission 25: 14/201

This chapter sucks. Supers for enemies, two waves at the same time, and most of them have over 10K hp. First thing this means is that I'll have to maximize enemy phase combat, resupplies, map attacks and hell, supports. I attempt to do 3 of those at least. Also very glad I equipped Toya and Kira with Hit & Away.

Mission 26: 9/210

Some weapons are upgraded. I finally get around to starting to upgrade the stats not EN on my battleships. Archangel gets some HP. This chapter is simply killing 4 waves of grunts, much running around and a lot of the uninteresting Tekkaman "you can conquer everything with love" story. Bitch, I lowturned the chapter! NO WAY IN HELL THOSE 30 MINUTES YOU SPEAK OF PASSED

Mission 27: 9/219

Cagalli gets her Strike Rouge. She sits her butt in the Archangel and Mu gets her Aile pack. +1 move, +10 mobility, yes please. The eventual, true goal of this here chapter is killing Jonathan.

Mission 28: 14/233

I decide to try out Cagalli in the M1 Astray, Mu disappears for a chapter or something. The Astray is basically an inferior version of the Strike in every aspect, but maybe it'll perform better than the skygraspers. The chapter itself... First wave is easy... Then I get treated to the second one, consisting of 4 20K HP bosses that require focus/strike spam, one 50K boss and two battleships. Missing the Combattler in this mission for team attack spam probably hurt my turns =/ Also concluded the Astray sucks and Cagalli will sit in the Skygrasper from now on.

Mission 29: 18/251

This mission... Sigh... First, I survive 3 turns because I can't play this offensively with unupgraded units. Then you get your team, and kill Gauron (50K hp), along with the grunts and two behemoths(60K a piece). Then you have to kill Rose c'est la Vie twice (45K IIRC), aaaaafter which Dr. Hell's forces show up. You kill Demon King, a 60K hp monster, twice and a corrupted Venus A at 30K and the second form at also 30K hp. Again, using combo attacks to their fullest extent is the fastest way to beat this chapter.

Mission 30: 14/265

200K of money to waste. All of it goes into weapon upgrades. I noticed the Skygraspers have been more than pulling their own weight. They're also cheap to upgrade. Considering upgrading their weapons now. The save the Tuatha chapter. First a lot of SEED units need to die, then tons of FMP grunts and 3 hakkeshu bots. Made sure to kill them in the right order to avoid then restoring their HP and EN. Then kill off Gaulin and run for the spot.

Also unit stats after mission 30

Unit     		HP	EN	Mob	Armor	HP up	EN up	Mob up    Armor up	Weapon up	Pilot	Level	kills
Granteed	9100	450	85	2325	8	15	0	10	5	Toya	29	292
Nadesico	15800	600	70	1500	0	10	0	0	10	Ruri	27	90
Archangel	21100	560	65	1925	6	10	0	5	5	Murrue	27	133
Combattler	9750	340	70	1690	6	10	0	6	4	Hyoma	29	97
Voltes V  	12260	340	70	2020	7	10	0	7	3	Kenichi	27	46
Strike Gundam	3900	160	148	1050	0	0	7	0	7	Kira	28	147
Skygrasper 1	3100	110	160	1000	0	0	0	0	0	Mu	29	40
Skygrasper 2	3000	100	150	950	0	0	0	0	0	Cagalli	31	27
Nanga Brain	3910	220	147	1265	3	10	5	3	6	Nanga	25	35
Lasse Brain	3400	240	143	1000	0	10	5	0	6	Lasse	25	29

Edited by Excelkitty

Why they aren't treated as the same series is still beyond me.

Because they aren't. Two separate animes, just same creator. Although while Voltes V came after Combattler V, many see it as having the better anime of the two.

Episode 29 - Fierce Battle at Hell Castle! (Turns: 9 Overall: 234)

Moved the Arm Slaves west and the Mazingers + the Tuatha De Danann right. Once the reinforcements appear sent Mazinkaiser to help the Arm Salves as everyone kept pushing forward. Once the battleships appeared moved the Arm Slaves southeast as everyone moved northwest. Moved Sosuke back inside a battleship after his event with Gauron. Once Zeorymer and Rose C'est La Vie appeared moved the former to the Archangel and sent units to fight the latter. And now the events and finally the last ones appear. Loose Venus A and now Hell King... Gordon? Gordon!? Seriosuly? Ah well... a few stayed behind to fight Evil Venus while the rest rushed forward to fight Baron Ashura. Next those awesome events and now have the Kaiser Scrander. Awesome! Now to finish giving Baron Ashura the promptly end of the beating.

Episode 30 - Stolen Goddess (Turns: 9 Overall: 243)

Okay, got Jun's Venus A and True Great Mazinger, even if unit-wise makes no difference. Decided to keep Jun there since as I see, she is statistically superior to Sayaka. Heck, even with distributed points and Modules Sayaka was around the same as Jun without the upgrades (mind you, both are level 25 at the moment), so yeah, staying with Jun now.

Anyway, rushed southwest to fight the ZAFT, now with the Brains those underwater units don't look so tough now. XD ... Amazing, the Danann dealt the final blow on the ZAFT submarine... hey, it stole my kill! :angry: Anyway, events, left Zeorymer and the Arbalest where they appeared and sent everyone else to fight Gauron and the remaining Hakkeshu. Wait, how can Burrstone use it's Nuclear Warheads when the Earth Sphere is like surrounded with those anti-nuclear jammers? Super Robot logic, that's how! ;): *shot*

And now afterwards Accelerated like there was now tomorrow and headed south to escape from Suicidal!Gauron. Phew...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Ah! I'm falling behind!

Scenario 10 - Fuck you, Devil Gundam. 9/69 turns

Akito was da man in this stage. Without him, I probably would have taken a penalty for Dancougar or the Skygrasper, the fact that Mwu is forced to that really stings. Basically, everyone runs north, but Akito runs back left before the Devil army appears. Once it does, Kouji and pals just huddle together and try not to get attacked (and they don't, since Akito is drawing them all away) while everyone else rushes right. Then KYOOOOOOJIIIIIII appears, and I proceed to put on an OH SHIT face. Domon runs the fuck away while Akito guards him (almost getting shot down in the process). Kill the grunts on enemy phase, everyone accels over to the DG, and I proceed to map save and scratch my head. Lack of Rust Tornado really stings. In the end, I had to assume a formation like this:

8ac42c9bac7751a6164d5b87307ee52d.png

With this, I can have everyone attack twice (except Touya, but he can handle it). Took two turns, but I did it.

Guys, I need some help. I was as Scenario 12, I got a game over because I failed to reach to the destinations in 4 turns to save Tekkaman. I immediately re-play the scenario but even after finished it with 9 turns which should make my total turns is 81 but the record in the game still says that my total turns is actually 85. Does it count?

IIRC the in-game count records all the turns you take even if you game over.

Case in point, if you take four turns and then die, the game still logs those four turns as the in-chapter count, so that '9' becomes '13'. I would just ignore it, personally.

Episode 31 - The Turning Point (Turns: 4 Overall: 247)

Moved Strike into a battleship as the rest went south to engage the ZAFT, then further south once the reinforcements appear. Then Nicol dies, and the stage comes to an end.

3rd Route-split. Choose North America. True, most likely the default choice is the Enhanced Layzner when it comes to it's upgrade so in this case it didn't matter. And I know I'm loosing quite the number of usable units due to Brain Powered being in the other route, but let's see if it's worth it.

Episode 32 - Tremble! The 5 Tekkamen (Turns: 9 Overall: 256)

Well well, it's the Sol Tekkamen versus the Radam. Since Balzarc gets defeated via event and Noal moves close to the Nadesico once it appears, might as well do my best to weaken enough Radam for when my units do arrive. Now that they do, move Noal inside the Nadesico and move everyone to fight the Radam. Once Tekkaman Blade + Pegas appear, move it away from Tekkaman Axe and into the battleship and I keep attacking the enemies. And finally the Fury arrive. Went straight for Ja-Mu to end this faster.

Chapter 11 - With the help of KOOOUUUUUJIIIIIII... not. - 8/76 turns

Sorry, I just had to make that joke. Nadesico Route. Mazinger got to stay undeployed, I get the Mithril goons, yadda yadda yadda, Master Asia appears... etc. Wait... HOLY SHIT MASTER ASIA- oh he died never mind. I *almost* killed him, but Touya fell about 600 HP short with a Break'd Tempest Lancer. The Master Gundam is a bitch, but not as much as the Devil Gundam. At least Master Asia doesn't have HP Regen.

I could have done it a turn sooner if the Undefeated of the East (*snerk*) had decided to be a man and fight me, instead of running off like a pussy in Domon's general direction.

Edited by Cam

IIRC the in-game count records all the turns you take even if you game over.

Case in point, if you take four turns and then die, the game still logs those four turns as the in-chapter count, so that '9' becomes '13'. I would just ignore it, personally.

Yeah, thanks. I will just ignore it and continue!

Mission 31: 3/268

Upgraded Skygraspers EN and skygrasper 2's weapons. Goal of this chapter is rush the boss(Aegis), so guess what? I do just that. Killed the chump on turn 3 enemy phase.

Mission 32: 14/282

Went with the archangel, of course. I begin selling off useless modules and items. I upgrade skygrasper 1's weapons and give it S ranks for all terrain. Someone please tell me why this hakkeshu bitch intends on destroying the earth. This mission isn't too bad, though. Still, 14 turns? I don't think I took that long, really.

Mission 33: 10/292

Fuck... It's a G gundam chapter. They're all level 12. And their units suck.

Mission 34: 10/301

For some reason the Batta at the start of the chapter didn't want to attack the skygrasper, they ran after Sosuke and Mao instead - units I'm not allowed to use. This cost me most of the turns this chapter(7), I needed ~3 turns to kill off all tekkamen.

Mission 35: 8/309

So after this mission I lose Kira for a while and get a Freedom gundam on the route split. Also those annoying layzner bosses.

Mission 36: 8/317

Woop de fucking shoop, tekkamans with no strike or skygraspers. Easy chapter, though. I am 116 hp away from a 7 turn.

Mission 37: forgot lol

Archangel route is chosen, of course. Voltes is suddenly missing from my inventory of mechs.

Mission 38: forgot/338

Defend Orb, do stuff. Played suboptimally.

Mission 39: 7/345

The usual.

Mission 40: 6/351

Finally access to both Skygraspers again. Dearka sits his ass in Skygrasper 2 and gets an aile pack. Rush Bergan, then rush Godol, then mop up. I saw somewhere you can lure him off his castle with all them goody defensive boosts, but I haven't seen him do it, and I won't wait either. All enemies have 10-15K hp, so starting to pour everything into weapon upgrades is paying off.

Mission 41: 9/360

Robo puzzle is annoying. Combattler gets FUB weapon, S all terrain again. G gundam chapter once again, fun stuff! I fucking hate this chapter, because all those goddamn POS shuffle alliance sucks are taking up the one single slot I need to deploy my entire team. Cagalli will sit this one out.

Episode 33 - Showdown with the Devil Gundam Corps! (Turns: 9 OVerall: 265)

Event with the Gundam Fighters. Time to use them the most out of them before the battleships arrive, preferably also have them move away just in case. Eventually reinforcements appear, lead by Britishman and Italianman (Hetalia-Megaman hybrids? Nah, just Chapman and Michelo), and the cavalry does as well. Fortunately I moved the Shuffle Alliance south enough. Split the group in two and bravely continued the fray. Then more epic, manly events between Master Asia, Domon, and Schwarz. Now move Domon south as everyone goes north for one more battle against Master Gundam and Devil Gundam. More events, got God Gundam, and into the battleship it goes, and now Chapman, Michelo, and Master Asia are back. Good thing the battleship with Domon still had units nearby so as to quickly attack Master Gundam for a faster victory.

Episode 34 - The Truth of the Invaders (Turns: 7 Overall: 272)

Ah, the Beach Episode, not that it actually shows much, get my drift? *shot*

Anyway, undrafted units open the map and the battleships can't move. Since all enemies have to be defeated and it'd take more turns to draw the Battas into the battlehips' range penalty or not*, I go after them with the undrafted units. Now that I get to deploy, move Blade+Pegas and Rapier over where the other undrafted are as everyone heads south to engage on the Radam and Tekkamen.

*Um, but really, in that case, would it be a penalty or not?

Episode 35 - Grieving Skies (Turns: 6 Overall: 278)

Moved the Strike and Skygrasper inside the battleships. The Archangel can't move, too bad. Moved everyone else southwest to fight the ZAFT. Tolle dies, Dearka surrenders, Yzak leaves, and Athrun disappears alongside Kira. Wow, too many things going on, and now Gradosian arrive in the opposite corner of the map. Fun. Rushed everyone back there to meet them. And even if I know I can't get her, I spared Julia if anything to have one less enemy to fight overall. Besides, just in case I screwed up when trying to get Gale. Just in case.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Since all enemies have to be defeated and it'd take more turns to draw the Battas into the battlehips' range penalty or not*, I go after them with the undrafted units.

*Um, but really, in that case, would it be a penalty or not?

Combat for the undrafted units is avoidable. But I do see a problem for the people who don't have any drafted predeployeds for this chapter. Therefore I'll allow the use of one of the predeployed units (skygrasper 1, Gernsback (Mao), Arbalest and Aestivalis Ryoko) without penalty, if you've drafted none of them.

Ah, phew, that's good to know. I actually tried to get away at first, but they reached Mao but then I figured 'Okay, why bother?', and fought them. But Mao did fare well on her own. And you know? That's the last time I underestimate someone under leveled and with a mecha with no upgrades. Those still can pull their own weight at times. Anyway...

Episode 36 - Bosom Jump (Turns: 6 Overall: 284)

Moved Akito and Blade+Pegas inside the Nadesico and everyone else went northeast to fight the Jovians. After the Radam appear, so rushed westward to deal with them.

Fourth Route-Split. Choosing Alaska HQ since that's where practically all my drafted units are going, except for the Mazingers who are unavailable in either route. So yeah...

Episode 37 - The Descending Sword (Turns: 7 Overall: 291)

Oh boy, the Alaska events. Rushed everyone south to intercept the ZAFT. Lacks of tanks really hurted here, enemies were more focused on ignoring my units. Reinforcements, good thing I already sent half the team southeast in advance. Now the Fury are here, time to concentrate on the central south area. Well, good to see the ZAFT also engage on the Fury. I'd concentrate more on the Fury for now, as the underwater ZAFT units have that to their advantage while still hurting the Fury units without penalties. Great, more ZAFT units, lead by Yzak. But time for another escape. Oh hey, I already had the Archangel in the escape zone, meaning once the events were over, the stage was over already. XD

Episode 38 - Choosing the Road (Turns: 7 Overall: 298)

Moved the undrafted inside the battleships and headed northwest to engage the enemy forces. Well, until enemy reinforcements decided to better split up my forces. Sent Domon and now Dearka inside once more and split the forces into 3 groups to engage the enemies. Well, until the Fury appear, now I only need to regroup into two, one to deal with them, and the other to finish of the remaining initial enemies and that crazy trio. Allenby can be ignored for all I care for, even if I were aiming to get her, one less enemy to worry about. Well, until another enemy wave arrives, well, still in 2 groups, the one aiming at the Fury can go after these new guys as well. Moved Athrun into the nearest battleship and continued the onslaught. Ally reinforcements arrive, but all undrafted so they stay where they are.

Episode 39 - Endless Light, Fading Life (Turns: 7 Overall: 305)

Alright, got Greimkaiser and G. Dracodeus. Too bad about Bloodykaiser, so know I can say the team's complete, even if it's one member short. Anyway, got the undrafted inside the battleship and headed over to fight the enemy. Now reinforcements come. Time to split in two forces.

Episode 40 - Passing Destinies (Turns: 5 Overall: 310)

Well, there goes the G Gundam guys. Anyway, moved Voltes V inside a battleship and split in two forces to take the Beast Fighters and Armor Beasts. Now the reinforcements come lead by Heinel himself. Time to end this. Rushed everyone forward. Another enemy wave comes, same drill. Good-bye Heinel. Man, that was tragic...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Mission 42: 9/369

All-out Layzner chapter. Initially forces have to be split up to deal with all enemies. Some enemies taking off in random-ass directions is what costs me a turn or 2.

Mission 43: 7/376

After selling off some more random stuff, everything but the battleships now has FUB weapons, with bonus S terrain. This chapter is rushing to kill Ja-Mu first, then tekkaman evil.

Mission 44: 5/381

Obviously Archangel route. My third battleship, even though it's not really a battleship. It doesn't really need EN since it wants to use missiles, but the HP, armor and mob bases are bad. I pump up HP for now and give them soKill units, then Dominion and Creuset.

Mission 45: 6/387

Tekkaman boss rush. That is all. I don't even take a penalty for Blade on Evil, because you can easily clear a path for him. Taking out Sword and Evil only took 3 turns, Omega takes longer. Unfortunately. First 100K boss.

Mission 46: 10/397

FUB Eternal weapons. Gave the captain a hit&away. The nuke mission. I again miss a skygrasper because that fag dearka wants to launch in his buster. Kira takes out 2/3rd of the second nuke wave with map attack spam. After that simply rush Dominion.

Mission 47: 3/400

Taking Archangel again for great justice. Now that all the weapons have been upgraded till FUB, I have no idea what to pour money into -_-" I'm just gonna throw it one all the bots that are favourited and have a combination attack to exploit for now. Oh I forgot the Baronz will want some upgrades when I get it. The mission itself starts out as a rout against weak units, and ends immediately afterwards. What?

Mission 48: 12/412

Spend money on nothing for now. Lots and I mean LOTS of nukes this chapter. They upgraded them for mobility, so I'm usually facing 60-ish hit rates. Dealing with these crappy things takes me 6 of the 10 turns I did the first part in. AFTER THAT SOME GUY CALLED LE CREUSET APPEARS ALONG WITH EVEN _MORE_ GRUNTS.

Mission 49: 11/423

400k to spend and again no clue what to spend it in. I throw it on Granteed's weapons. 15/15 upgrades now. Cagalli switched to Strike because Mu dieded. Mission starts out simple enough. Then I have to transport everyone to the other end of the map and kill the grados/jovian units, amongst which the usual bosses and Ru Kain. After that, time to kill le Creuset. Not too big a problem.

Mission 50: 4/427

Finally this game is drawing near it's conclusion. I upgrade even more weapons, the rest is boss rush.

Mission 51: 8/435

Yzak sits in the remaining Skygrasper, and with that, my team is finally complete. Apparently 2 bosses have to be rushed in 10 turns or less, but I ain't seeing them just yet. Sure enough, they appear on turn 3 or 4, I take a couple more turns to reach them and then 2 or so to kill them.

Mission 52: 10/445

Game end. I equip everyone with modules and parts and sell the rest. With the money I max out my last combination attack and give the Strike some mobility. First boss is killed in 4 turns from base will. Then I knock off half the hp off the final boss, destroy those stupid orgone extractor things and finally completely unload on him. He's a pussy compared to the OG2 boss with it's 350.000? hp. Killing him off didn't even take one full turn. Very underwhelming.

Final thoughts:

Granteed: Began with a rampage, ended with a rampage. It started to slow down a number of chapters before the ugrade, but the rape continued. He made 500+ kills this PT, nuff said. The best unit of my team with quite some margin between it and the second place. The only thing I don't like about it is that its pilots don't come with Vigor, which means it doesn't have the best healing move.

Nadesico: Destroyed earlygame along with the Granteed and Combattler to a lesser extent. Began to get worse and worse after that. Never sucked though. Just not good anymore. Didn't upgrade anything but the EN and some weapons, since warships are the most expensive to upgrade.

Archangel: In my opinion the pilots of the archangel have a superior seishin list, and that's why it's such a waste you lose half of them. The story is kinda the same as the Nadesico, though. Good earlygame, then ends up being decent.

Combattler V: 3rd best unit in earlygame, but it had defensive issues and kept them the entire game. It ended up a very good bosskiller, but a poor gruntkiller because of the weak defense. Because I favourited it, I got money x3 when I killed a boss with luck on. This has gotten me quite a lot of money accumatively.

Voltes V: Similar to Combattler, just lower power on weapons, all around lower stats and crappier seishin lists. Having this one allowed me the use of their combo attacks, which are some of the most powerful in the game. It was quite useful as the second half of the Combattler/Voltes bosskilling team.

Strike Gundam: I remember saying Strike was weak offensively, and that the Aile pack is the best of it. The former was wrong, the latter wasn't. It was -by far- the earliest weapon FUB unit I had, but it allowed it to OHKO most/all grunts and it was a great counter for those bosses with good dodge. I gave it the IWSP when it became available. Firstly, this means one more aile pack for the skygraspers, but it also gives it the power it needs in endgame. This because even when FUBed, the Strike starts lacking in the firepower department when nearing mission 40. One of the better units over the entire game, honestly.

Freedom Gundam: Joins on mission 37, and needs weapon upgrades. It got those, and raped. Then it got the METEOR and gave me my second most powerful team attack (small difference). The Freedom can accurately be described by this: "lategame raep"

Justice Gundam: Joins mission 37 as well, needs weapon upgrades as well. Basically the same thing. The only thing Freedom has over it, is accelerate on the seishin list.

Eternal: Eternal wasn't a great unit. It got FUB weapons and HP, nothing else. This served its purpose. Having no hp regen seishin other than trust hurts it. I basically used it as ship support, placing it between the archangel and nadesico to form a support defend barrier for all 3 of them. It has repair and resupply, but those don't see much use in the part of the game it's in.

Skygraspers: I severely underestimated the skygraspers. 130.000 money for FUB weapons, and no need for unit upgrades other than EN. It can get the mobility it needs from the shitton of mobility parts you get. It's power will also be very comparable to Aile Strike when these upgrades have been given. AKA destroys early-midgame.

Nanga & Lasse Brain: Nanga and Lasse weren't the most useful units ever. Then again they never detrimented me. They have a team attack, but it's about half as powerful as the Combattler/Voltes one. They remain good support defend units through most of the game, though. At first I thought their damage output would be unsalvable, but I was proven wrong in the end.

Baronz: Baronz joined late and was basically treated like another Brain. Not too useful.

M1 Astray: Basically an inferior version of the Aile Strike, and by extension the skygraspers. Same damage output as them, but no support mods and lower mobility(which is what matters most for all SEED units). I also didn't have a pilot for it, ever.

General thoughts:

My team was overall quite a good one, losing Combattler to a different route once, and the brains to another route at some later point. I figured out that weapon upgrades are the most important things to pursue, unit upgrades can partially be acquired through items and should be done according to what's really needed. I'm really surprised Acacia is pulling lower turns than me with less units on the route splits and I wonder what kinda techniques he employs to do so.

Scenario 11 - 7/83 turns

Mazinger and Boss and Sayaka all rush. Boss retreats after the first two turns, since Sayaka and Kouji both leave (therefore allowing me to escape the penalty). Tetsuya and Combattler rush in... and promptly rush away. Accel, Accel, Gekigan Flare, Finger Crusher, etc. Nadesico ran out of EN, but Ruri's Snipe let me missile the last enemy into submission on the EP of turn 7. Somehow.

I'm really surprised Acacia is pulling lower turns than me with less units on the route splits and I wonder what kinda techniques he employs to do so.

Oh, that. You see, something I've noticed from the AI in this game is that it favors hit over damage. As in, if it has a good chance of hitting, it will attack it, if not, then it just ignores it, regardless of what damage they would cause. So what I do is that since most of my team are of high mobility (SPT's and Brains), I have them weaken the enemies so they get all defeated at once by my tankers (Granteed, battleships and Mazingers) in an EP (this is why I got both Mazinkaiser and Banpresto Originals as favorites, so they can get even higher armor and weapon power).

Of course, this means the former get behind in EXP, and they do most of the time, so their weapons get prioritized for upgrade so that they can get a kill or two for themselves when the enemy mob isn't big or something.

Also, this is balanced by the fact that unless I Accelerate spam one the ones who have that Seishin, they get to the enemies first, so they can weaken and get kills and then the remaining ones get mostly or all destroyed once the engage the latter in just one EP. Of course, it's almost moot when I give them the MegaBoosters, but the dodgers also get those +1Move,+5Mobility units thanks that they have more item-slots on average, so it evens out. They still get ahead, and weaken for the other to clean after.

Oops, I revealed my secret! :ph34r: Not. It's just strategy after some thinking and studying. :B): This isn't the first time I'm playing this game after all. ;):

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Scenario 12 - CURSE YOU KOUJI KABUTOOOOOOOOOOOO - 14/93 turns

This was fucking-rucking-asdf-ridiculous. First off, I had to string together some elaborate placement that got Tetsuya/Hyouma to kill the originally spawned mechabeasts by turn three. After that, Lanstar of the Winds appeared. I could have shaved like two turns if he had decided to attack me instead of running off like a pussy in Masato's general direction. Once HE was dead (turn ~8), Ashura showed up, and I had to spend three turns beating the shit out of him. At this point, Granteed and the Nadesico are running low on EN, I had to burn a few Fuel Tanks on them. THEN, Ashura Mazinger and the Mazinkaiser appear, leaving me at a dilemma. Take a penalty and have Tetsuya Great Booster Kaiser, or waste turns chipping with Akito and Granteed. I chose the latter option, after burning ANOTHER fuel tank on the Nadesico. Three turns later, Mazinkaiser survived a Gekigan Flare by the skin of its teeth (~500 HP left, IIRC) and the Ashura Mazinger suicided onto a Tempest Lancer (Granteed refueled earlier on the battleship).