The Final Dragon

I don´t know if this has already been mentioned, but is it possible to defeat the Fire Dragon in the final chapter with an Assassin´s Strike? I´ve been trying for a while with Legault´s Killing Edge (24% crt) but with no luck. Anyone know the answer to this?

Not sure about Eliwood, but Canas and Athos with maxed Magic, Luna equipped and Filla's Might cast can OHKO the Fire Dragon with a critical hit.

Aureola could also do some serious damage in the Japanese version thanks to the 3x effective coefficient.

Edited by VincentASM

For Canas and Athos, Luna is your tome of choice. 30 Mag + 10 (Filia's Might) x 3 (critical) = 120

Durandal has +5 Str, so Eliwoot has a potentially easier time too. 27 Str + 5 (durandal) + 17x2 (weapon mt, effective) - 20 Def = 46 dmg. Thor's Ire and some supports will be needed to give him a critical chance.

Edited by Toothache

A maxed out Lucius, Serra, or Renault will only do 105 damage in one hit with Filla's might and an Aureola crit. (I think, if the Dragon's resistance is 30 after its dragon breath is factored in). So yeah, in the Japanese version, they could do it easily. They would deal 150 damage with a crit, making Filla's might in this case pointless, so it would be better to use Thor's Ire.

Edited by Whitefang

I thought Canas maxed magic at 29? He needs to have like 22 as if he wants to ohko the dragon (and he needs to get one critical, along with Filla's Might).

Edited by Mercenary Raven

Nope, because if Eliwood doesnt have supports then he's doing 1 damage per hit lol... slim lance has 30 uses. Unless you give him four slim lances but I mean that's just kinda intentionally being really useless. With full support though he only needs 20 hits so I'll give you that.

Edited by Mercenary Raven

I thought Canas maxed magic at 29? He needs to have like 22 as if he wants to ohko the dragon (and he needs to get one critical, along with Filla's Might).

You are right. Canas does max his magic at 29. I brought Canas along and he has maxed his Magic and Skill, and he has a Luna, so his potential for Crt is pretty decent. He also has a B support with Bartre, whom I brought along (not sure if that gives Crt or not).

It's also possible for Eliwood and Lyn to kill the dragon with a slim lance or Sol Katti, respectively. Without criticals.

It's very inefficient to do so though. Lyn with Sol Katti and crits is already pushing it in that regard. The highest Crit she can get is 44 Crit, and that's assuming she has an A and a B with those that can help give her that much. (Notably 5/7 of her supports do so, but the best ones out of that are Florina and Hector. Rath or Wil could help too, but that's pushing it as far as supports go.) And even then, her level has to be inflated enough for such a feat that, on average, she'll be doing 5 Dmg a pop. (19 Dmg at most with Filla's Might and an A with Florina and a B with Hector/Rath. 20 Dmg with Filla's Might and an A and B with Florina/Wil.) Sol Katti without crits is already in "not happening" territory, and Eliwood with a Slim Lance is just flat out, purely ridiculous. Edited by Elmer

It's very inefficient to do so though. Lyn with Sol Katti and crits is already pushing it in that regard. The highest Crit she can get is 44 Crit, and that's assuming she has an A and a B with those that can help give her that much. (Notably 5/7 of her supports do so, but the best ones out of that are Florina and Hector. Rath or Wil could help too, but that's pushing it as far as supports go.) And even then, her level has to be inflated enough for such a feat that, on average, she'll be doing 5 Dmg a pop. (19 Dmg at most with Filla's Might and an A with Florina and a B with Hector/Rath. 20 Dmg with Filla's Might and an A and B with Florina/Wil.) Sol Katti without crits is already in "not happening" territory, and Eliwood with a Slim Lance is just flat out, purely ridiculous.

Thanks Elmer, nobody realized how bad an idea it was to kill the Dragon with a Slim Lance or Sol Katti. I appreciate you telling us otherwise.

I would think that Eclipse would be coded to be incapable of criticals (it can't double, that's for certain, unless you were to hack it and give it the Brave effect).

it could be done in SS, so I assumed Eclipse could crit in this game as well. Then again, perhaps it cannot...I also attributed its inability to double due to its MASSIVE wt and the fact that dark magic users are slow and have little CON to begin with.

I could use some confirmation on this. Anyone???

Edited by Fetchystick