Axe Wielding Ike

Knife

What a waste. Why did IS bother giving Ike Axes upon promotion when he clearly has a superior weapon in Ragnell? I guess if you swap out his starting weapon class with Axes instead of Swords, he'd just be a speedier Boyd, but still...

Call me Waha Kife if quoting or referring to me.

My only guess is that they wanted Ike to be able to use Urvan, which is the SS axe, so they gave Vanguards the ability to use axes up to an SS rank.

It's only my most educated guess, so take it with a grain of salt.

What a waste. Why did IS bother giving Ike Axes upon promotion when he clearly has a superior weapon in Ragnell? I guess if you swap out his starting weapon class with Axes instead of Swords, he'd just be a speedier Boyd, but still...

Call me Waha Kife if quoting or referring to me.

WTA can be useful at times. Hammer can also be useful. Otherwise, yes, it is pointless.

If he would have started out with an axe rank in RD it might have been useful for the first couple of chapters. After all, handaxes (which are forgeable) are better than wind edges in every way except for an extra what 10 hit?

WTA can be useful at times. Hammer can also be useful. Otherwise, yes, it is pointless.

WT doesn't exist in hard mode, and isn't impacting in Normal Mode. And lol easy mode.

Edited by BLS

WTA can be useful at times.

Eh, its not like he's having trouble killing lance users. The addition of Axes in his ranks is pretty stupid, even if its supposed to be only story wise. Ike is a swordsman like his father was. Not an inferior Axe wielder like Greil was when he cut his tendons.

If he would have started out with an axe rank in RD it might have been useful for the first couple of chapters. After all, handaxes (which are forgeable) are better than wind edges in every way except for an extra what 10 hit?

The sad thing is that Hand Axes are probably the most accurate of the 1~2 range Axes and Lances AND Swords in RD. 70 Hit vs 60 Hit of Wind Edges.

Urvan Ike is superior to Ragnell Ike in both power and accuracy.

Ragnell has 18 Mt and 80 Hit

Urvan has 22 Mt and 110 Hit

During 4-E-5, Urvan is much better against the auras and Ashera. Ragnell's chance of hitting an aura is around 50-60, while Urvan's is around 80 or so.

Is that not good enough?

Urvan Ike is superior to Ragnell Ike in both power and accuracy.

Ragnell has 18 Mt and 80 Hit

Urvan has 22 Mt and 110 Hit

During 4-E-5, Urvan is much better against the auras and Ashera. Ragnell's chance of hitting an aura is around 50-60, while Urvan's is around 80 or so.

Is that not good enough?

thats good, except for most of the Tower you like 1-2 range. And others are better at using Urvan.

Edited by SlayerX

It's only there so that Ike get's + 3 Res to tank the sleep staffers. 8D

A 30 res ike barely gets past it, i doubt 3 is going to make that much of a difference.

Because Ike is able to fight Swordmasters in 4-E-2.

LOL

But, Ike's extra Speed cap does let him double Sephiran and Ashera without Nasir. Still, the Reaver's extra strength gives them more advantages. With the Brave Axe, they can ORKO Wardwood Auras with a lot of help. Then again, Ike has the Wyrmslayer option for 4-E-3 and is the only unit that can kill the Black Knight, so he's probably more valuable in 4-E, all things considered.

reavers can kill pegasi with crossbows because they cant do it without them

wait what?

there's all of like 15 pegasi enemies throughout the game, and only like 5 of them can be fought with a Reaver

LOL

But, Ike's extra Speed cap does let him double Sephiran and Ashera without Nasir. Still, the Reaver's extra strength gives them more advantages. With the Brave Axe, they can ORKO Wardwood Auras with a lot of help. Then again, Ike has the Wyrmslayer option for 4-E-3 and is the only unit that can kill the Black Knight, so he's probably more valuable in 4-E, all things considered.

He can't double Ashera, and can only double sephiran when he is wielding his tome.

LOL

Ike can 1RKO Auras too with the same aid the Reavers would need to do so (Ena/Gareth, Nasir and a Brave axe)