Schoolboy Mafia

eclipse

Still not seeing why this would have meant truthfully claiming would have gotten him killed.

Well, I interpreting it as "If I got shot and someone asked me about a claim I wouldn't be able to."

It worked out in DT, but because I could talk the day I was shot still. Personally, I don't think any nerf should be required for a simple BPV.

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm implying that BPV should under no circumstances be a player's sole ability, because it's the least believable claim ever.

Because town kidnapper/hooker are so beliavable. Heck sometimes even town silencers.

I'm implying that BPV should under no circumstances be a player's sole ability, because it's the least believable claim ever.

I don't know why it isn't believable. It's something more suited for Town than Mafia (because Mafia get the nightkills) and is also very useful when equipped on a Townie too. I really don't get what it is that makes it so unbelievable to claim.

It's unbelievable because it's a great fakeclaim for a mafioso. A Townie that has no other abilities besides being able to take a bullet? It's a great excuse to make people believe the Mafia simply doesn't want to target you.

Edited by Radiant Kitty

BP gives you an excuse to not contribute any information that can be disproved (such as inspects etc. or even forms of protection, such as Driving/Safeguard) as well as a reason why you aren't dying. As far as town roles go (meaning no crazy shit like Persuader/Silencer), the only thing I would be more suspicious of is Rogue.

I believe sometimes you also get an extra power if you come back

See: Furetchen's role in Pokemon Tactical

Edit: I think it was also Rein's fakeclaim in Bullshit Mafia

Edited by Paperkitty

Honestly, there's no reason why a town BPV should be unbelievable. Yes, it is a very easy fake claim for the mafia. Judging from the sole fact that most players around here seem to be aware of this, it's unlikely that any actual mafia would still claim BPV, except maybe for some insane case of WIFOM.

The best move against a suspicious BPV claim is to simply investigate/track it. BPV shouldn't leave their house, allowing a tracker to almost act like a cop against them. Of course it's possible to fake this, but that forces the person in question to abandon their night action, leaving them at a disadvantage at the very least (and it is suspicious if something like a kidnap keeps happening, but then suddenly stops for one night without the person responsible for it turning up dead).

Metagaming to this degree is a bad move anyway, simply because - as has been proven by the latest few games - the hosts are doing a somewhat decent job of "trolling" the town by giving them roles that are considered to be mafia. I really consider it more of an attempt to tone down the amount of metagaming happening here.

Edited by Shade of Shadow

BY REQUEST: Unused flavor

[spoiler=Shiki Nanaya kills his other half]The night was as beautiful as it was silent. It was nights like these that--

A fleeting shadow broke Shiki's attention. Someone was far too close to him for his comfort. He felt for the knife he always carried with him. He didn't like unnecessary fighting.

"You were always the weak one," a voice mocked him from the shadows. A figure walked out from behind the bushes. Shiki set his jaw. He had to fight, and he had to be serious about it!

Five minutes later, Shiki Tohno was dead. His opponent smiled to himself and calmly melted back into the shadows.

[spoiler=Ma-ti meets the pets]Sox:

Someone was out prowling the halls. Unlike the others, I could read this one. He was searching hard for something, but wasn't having any luck. I peeked out of my room, and saw a cat with its nose in a corner.

"Hey, can I give you a hand?" I asked him. He blinked at me.

"Who are you? Why can I understand you perfectly?" This one was accustomed to humans. It must be someone's pet.

"I am a student, and I want to help you. What are you looking for?"

"You are strange. . .kind, but strange. Unfortunately, your senses aren't sharp enough to aid me. Thank you for asking." It was clear this cat wasn't interested in help, so I bid it farewell.

Kiwi:

Mumbling woke me from my sleep. Who was near me?

". . .gotta keep this kid safe during the night. I'm finally out of that stupid drawer, so I'm gonna do my best!" It was someone's pet dog? I peeked over at him. He jumped.

"Oh HEY, you're awake? I'm here to watch over you, so go back to sleep, okay?" I winked at him before curling up in bed again.

"Does that. . .human understand me? Why did he wink at me? This is making me nervous!" I barely managed to suppress a chuckle. Poor dog!

Sneasel:

My ring prodded me awake. Something was speaking? It sounded like a little girl!

"Now I was supposed to grab something, and what's this? Ooh, this looks really familiar! It's almost like my home and--AAAHH!!" I jumped, as the strange black creature quickly hid something behind its back.

"Whoareyougotobedgotobed!" What WAS this thing? It didn't look like any animal I'd seen before, but I was able to understand it!

"I won't hurt you. Who are you?" The odd creature stared back at me, then bolted. How strange.

[spoiler=Max spots a Sneasel]When I mentioned Pokemon to everyone else, they just gave me funny looks. If only I could show them what a Pokemon was, they'd totally understand why I was so interested in them! Just then, I saw something small and black scurry past. It stopped in its tracks and stared at me. There was no mistaking it---a Sneasel!

"Hey, Sneasel!" I shouted. It blinked, then ran into the shadows. I sighed, then frowned. I hadn't seen any other wild Pokemon, so that Sneasel had to belong to someone. . .but who?

[spoiler=Neku meets his maker]The day's events had left Neku exhausted, again. Why do people bicker so much? Once again, he found himself in front of the school mural. It was far inferior to CAT's work, but it was the only thing around here that could be called art. The bushes rustled, despite the lack of wind. Who could it be?

"How familiar," a voice stated. He whirled around. Someone was standing behind him. . .with a gun pointed at him?

"Oh, what in the--" he managed to say, before the person fired. Pain lanced through his chest. As he fell, he heard a chuckle.

The dying boy's last thoughts revolved around his killer, a donkey, and some questionable sexual acts.

[spoiler=Sneasel goes the wrong way]It was dawn, and he was worried sick. Where did that Pokemon go? It normally didn't take this long to do its job! With nothing better to do, he decided to find his truant friend.

Sometime during noon, he heard a disturbingly faint voice coming from behind a box. It was Sneasel, and it was crying. A trail of blood led from a vent to its current hiding spot. Someone had shot his friend?!

"Master. . .why are you here. . ." it whimpered out. He quickly took out a Hyper Potion he kept around, but to his surprise, it knocked the vial out of his hand.

"Sneasel, what are you doing? I'm trying to help you." Sneasel's eyes focused on him, then looked elsewhere.

"I wanted to see you. . .one last time. . .I'm sorry. . ." it said shakily. It gave its version of a smile before its eyes closed and it stopped moving entirely.

"Why are you apologizing? I'M the one that should be apologizing. . .why did you have to die like this. . ." He held his friend close, and cried himself to sleep.

When night fell, he carried his friend's corpse outside and buried it. Then, he called on another.

"It's time. I need to find the one who did this to Sneasel, and make him pay!"

What Joshua sees:

Something small and black has its back turned to you. It seems to be searching your pack. You quickly take out your gun, and just as soon as it turns around, you fire. Much to your surprise, it runs into a vent. You decide against chasing the wounded. . .thing through the air conditioning vents. Maybe it will die in there, and stink up the school. That would serve everyone right!

You mull over what you just saw. What's small, bipedal, and black with pink points?

[spoiler=Zekrom goes first]There's two versions of this, depending on whether or not Sneasel is alive.

Sneasel's alive:

Joshua prowled the halls, in search of his next victim. Someone stood in his way. A teacher's aide, perhaps? He held some kind of ball in his hands.

"And what are you going to do with that?" the younger boy asked, a smirk on his face. Something small and black latched onto the strange man's pants.

"You're the one that's been causing trouble to the students here. I won't let you get away with that!" Joshua laughed at that statement, which only seemed to infuriate the other more.

"And what is that little black thing going to do? Give me a haircut? Please." N gasped as Joshua rose in the air. What WAS this kid, anyway? Sneasel screamed, and N jumped backwards. A beam of light shone down on where he had been a moment earlier. As the light faded, he noticed an indentation in the floor. Sneasel crawled up to his shoulder, shaking.

"Run, RUN! I want to see you suffer before I kill you for good!" N barely dodged two more of those strange beams. A third one grazed him. This light BURNED! Sneasel tapped him on the shoulder. It had fished something out of his bag. As N took the ball from his friend, it jumped off his shoulder and began running towards Joshua.

"Sneasel, what are you doing? You're gonna get yourself killed!" Heedless of his words, it jumped up and attempted to slash Joshua out of the air. The boy ducked just in time.

"You'll pay for that, you little brat!" N heard the sound of a gun being loaded. His assailant's back was to him. It was now or never.

"ZEKROM, FUSION BOLT!"

---

Right as curfew was called, all the lights went out. Since no one could see where they were going, they all stayed in their rooms. When morning dawned, they found a strange sight in the hallway. Someone far too old to be a schoolboy sat near a role PM. The only indication that there was an owner was a nearby pile of ash. As the students approached him, he took out his own role PM, dropped it, and walked off, never to be seen by the students again.

Sneasel's dead:

Joshua prowled the halls, in search of his next victim. Someone stood in his way. A teacher's aide, perhaps? He held some kind of ball in his hands.

"And what are you going to do with that?" the younger boy asked, a smirk on his face. The one blocking his way glared.

"You. . .you shot my friend. . ." Joshua laughed at that statement, which only seemed to infuriate the other more.

"So that thing belonged to you? Did it die in the vents like a good little pest?" Tears ran down N's face. This kid. . .he ENJOYED killing Sneasel? As Joshua loaded his gun, N's emotions took over. Joshua froze as the bigger Pokemon loomed over him.

"ZEKROM, FUSION BOLT!"

---

Right as curfew was called, all the lights went out. Since no one could see where they were going, they all stayed in their rooms. When morning dawned, they found a strange sight in the hallway. Someone far too old to be a schoolboy sat near a role PM, eyes puffy and red. The only indication that there was an owner was a nearby pile of ash. As the students approached him, he took out his own role PM, dropped it, and walked off. A few students followed him to a shady spot, where he left some sort of ball on the ground before he departed the school for good. Near the ball were some fresh-picked flowers. Though no one was certain what happened, it became clear to the more observant students that it was a grave. All in attendance bowed their heads for a moment, before reading the two role PMs that had been left behind.

[spoiler=Joshua is the better sleuth]Sneasel's alive:

N settled down for the night. Sneasel was off doing its latest assignment, and wouldn't be back for a while. A nearby sound startled him. People walked by, but never this close! N swallowed hard as the business end of a gun was shoved in his face.

"So you're the one that's been poking his nose into everyone's business. You're FAR too old to be here," the boy behind the gun said with a sneer.

"Wh-what do you want?" N stammered out.

"I want you to leave. And never return. Or I will shoot you like that little pet of yours." N started to say something, but stopped when he felt the gun pointed at his forehead.

"Now, take everything and GO. You can choose not to leave, in which case I will enjoy seeing how little brain matter there is in that skull of yours." With no other choice, N gathered his belongings, and slowly stood up. He turned around, then gasped when he felt pain in his back. He sank to his knees, all while doing his best not to scream.

"Oh dear, it looks like I slipped. It also looks like you won't be leaving. Have fun, N~!" The boy chuckled as his unfortunate victim twitched, several more bullets in his back. Eventually, he stopped moving altogether. A strange sound caused him to turn. Something small and black was staring at him.

"It looks like your master's gone. Why don't you join him?" One shot later, and the little black annoyance lay in a pool of its own blood.

"That wasn't much of a challenge. Who's next?"

Sneasel's dead:

N settled down for the night, tears in his eyes. Normally, he'd call Sneasel, but it was far beyond his calling. Wrapped up in his thoughts, he didn't notice the noise outside until the business end of a gun was shoved in his face.

"So you're the one that's been poking his nose into everyone's business. You're FAR too old to be here," the boy behind the gun said with a sneer.

"A gun? It was YOU?" The boy chuckled at the outburst.

"So you're the one with that little black thing? I hope it died in the vents. I'm sure its corpse would smell lovely after a few days!" N clenched his fists. If only he could do something about that gun!

"Oh, it looks like you want to fight me? Well, then, I'd best give you a chance!" The boy backed away several yards before putting his gun down and taking out. . .what was that? N didn't bother thinking through the ramifications of the odd move, and charged. He cried out as he felt the lower half of his body crushed by. . .something he couldn't see.

"Ooh, that looks painful. Tell you what, you ask nicely, and I'll end your life for you, plain and simple." Sneasel. . .it didn't suffer like this, did it? Through the haze of pain, N remembered his friend, clinging to life for who-knows-how-long behind a box. . .

"Not a chance, you SON OF A BITCH!" he yelled. His killer growled as the sound of doors slamming echoed down the hall.

"You bastard," the boy said coldly. "I hope your trip to hell is pleasant."

When the other students came to see what the commotion was about, they saw what they thought was a man, half-buried under a pile of cars. It was hard to tell, because the corpse's head appeared to have been blasted off. Someone found his role PM in a closet, and read it off.