Hurricane Irene

Deliriyum

Irene.png

Yeah basically I live right in its path. Most places to the east of me will have a lot of flooding, so I guess I'm lucky I'm more inland.

Hopefully I don't lose power for more than a day or two.

Is anybody else in its path/already been hit?

Edited by Core

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NYC here, we're supposed to get hit tommorow. Normally I wouldnt care but I have a friend coming back from DR, last time I talked to her was Tuesday and she said she was packing and getting ready to leave. I'm worried sick =X

NYC here, we're supposed to get hit tommorow. Normally I wouldnt care but I have a friend coming back from DR, last time I talked to her was Tuesday and she said she was packing and getting ready to leave. I'm worried sick =X

Oh, I wish for her safety!

There was an Earthquake?

Well if this hurricane is anything like that Earthquake, I don't think there will be a prob :awesome:

The hurricane has already caused more damage than the earthquake ever did.

I'm living in Raleigh, and right now it still feels like the most normal night on earth even though we should be feeling at least SOMETHING right now. I'm just checking my clock and waiting for saturday morning. Having a major phobia sucks, so you tend to keep an eye on these sorts of things.

The last time I checked, Philadelphia is getting hit by the eye of the storm. Awesome.

TBH, I don't think so. The eye is expected to skirt right along the shores of the east coast.

Keep in mind, I don't know how far inland Philadelphia is.

TBH, I don't think so. The eye is expected to skirt right along the shores of the east coast.

Keep in mind, I don't know how far inland Philadelphia is.

They said on the news that some thing from the west is dragging the hurricane in so they said that Philly is getting hit by the eye.

They said on the news that some thing from the west is dragging the hurricane in so they said that Philly is getting hit by the eye.

On the bright side, that means it should be weaker by the time it hits you. I mean, I should be on the cusp of it right this moment, and there's not so much as a breeze. It would suck if you had to get hit by the eye, but it should be significantly weaker by the time it hits you. Worst that happens is you're told to evacuate, you do, wait, and then come back. Sure, easier said than done, but it's a hurricane. They tend to suck.

I know I don't sound THAT reassuring, but what I'm trying to say is that by the time it hits you, I'm imagining it would be less of a nightmare than you're thinking.

EDIT @SlayerX: To get to the eye, you first have to go through the rest of it. I'm also fairly certain that's a myth you're stating. Why would the center be calm?

Edited by Grandkitty

Guys...guys, They won't tell you to evacuate. The worst place to be is Eastern NC, and only the beach communities are being told to evacuate. The major problem is the flooding, not the storm.

On the bright side, that means it should be weaker by the time it hits you. I mean, I should be on the cusp of it right this moment, and there's not so much as a breeze. It would suck if you had to get hit by the eye, but it should be significantly weaker by the time it hits you. Worst that happens is you're told to evacuate, you do, wait, and then come back. Sure, easier said than done, but it's a hurricane. They tend to suck.

I know I don't sound THAT reassuring, but what I'm trying to say is that by the time it hits you, I'm imagining it would be less of a nightmare than you're thinking.

Actually, I'm a little excited for the hurricane. Thanks anyway.

The news said that the wind is around 70+ mph(in the eye) so it's too bad compared to the 115 mph wind when it struck Cuba.

EDIT @SlayerX: To get to the eye, you first have to go through the rest of it. I'm also fairly certain that's a myth you're stating. Why would the center be calm?

Stuff i heard before (which admitedly, i should have looked up). the eye also looks rather calm, seeing as its all cleared...

If you are unfortunate enough to ever be in the eye of a hurricane, you would experience very strong winds as the eye approaches, followed by a period of clear skies and calm winds while the eye is overhead. As the eye moves away, the wind would begin to blow very hard from the opposite direction.

got it from here

Edited by SlayerX

My dad said the dude on the news said people weren't taking this seriously enough xD cause that's pretty believable

But he was saying something like flooding up to 5-6 feet in many areas. Hopefully it doesn't get to be too much.

aiubvrhiejer

Edited by Agnaktor