Hazuki's FE4 Playthrough

Hazuki

FE2016.jpg

Okay, since I heard a lot of people really wanting me to play this game, and due to my uncertain future, I'm going to put things aside and finally play FE4 for the first time!

I don't really know a lot about the game, but I did read a lot into it, mainly from Serenes Forest. I'm not trying to do any special kind of run, I simply want to play it. I would really like this thread to be used as a way to discuss my progress through the game and have the community provide input and such. I hope you guys show your enthusiasm, because I'd really appreciate it!

So...I'm going to start playing in a second. For the first chapter, what should I expect?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Large maps. Axes, Most Lances, Fire tomes suck.

The game is really a dating simulator. There are hidden events everywhere. Lachesis' paladins need to survive.

Pursuit and a Mount makes you a god.

Edited by The Magnificent Psykini

As are Midale and Claude. Remember, you can save every turn!

Oh yeah, I saw that feature, it seems very handy although I haven't used it yet!

Cuan, Ethlin, and Fin have arrived to save the day.

Get the correct pairings memorized and complete them as soon as possible!

"Correct" pairings?

You do that by basically having them next to each other all the time, right? Like with how supports work in FE7?

Yeah, though dont listen to anyone for pairing advice, just do what you seem looks interesting.

Is there any way for the game to tell me who's compatible with who?

Also, does the amount of gold that I get from villages vary depending on how destroyed it is?

The game doesn't give too much indication on who you should pair. However, the story and various conversations will point you towards reasonable pairings. Villages also give less money if they're more damaged.

Is there any way for the game to tell me who's compatible with who?

Also, does the amount of gold that I get from villages vary depending on how destroyed it is?

Pretty much any guy can bone and girl, but there are some canon pairings that you cant interfere with. Cuan and Ethlin are one for example. Theres another one but you'll see that one when you get to it.

Remember, Ayra x Lex and Levin x Tiltyu and you'll be golden.

Here's some Pairing advice:

- Children inherit items and holy blood from parents. With 2 exceptions (Briggid and Ethlin's kids), the Daughter inherits items from her Mother, and the same applies with the Son to the Father. Ethlin's son inherits Ethlin's swords (Though, not her staves, so sell those off before chapter 4), EDIT: This is how it works with Briggid as well, with her giving stuff to her son, and the father giving stuff to his daughter. Holy Blood works exactly like items, except for not being able to pass that around (Which would be pretty awesome X3). Even the exceptions with item inheritance do this with Holy Blood!

- If Ayra and Holyn pair, even though they have Minor Odo between both of them, Lakche and Skakasah (or h/e you spell his name) will have Major Odo blood.

- Lex and Levin's penis is a sensitive subject around here.

- Be sure to have all of the pairing stuff done (Inheritance, etc.) before the end of Chapter 5. This is important.

- Be sure that Levin visits Silesia Castle before the end of Chapter 4 to get Holsety.

- Be sure to have Aideen talk to Briggid before chapter 3 to get Ichival.

Here are some good pairings (In no particular order, an '!' marks a particularly good one):

Aideen: Jamka, Midir(!), Fin.

Ayra: Lex(!), Fin, Holyn(!), Dew, Jamka,

Lachesis: Fin(!), Beowulf(!), Lex.

Fury: Levin(!!!), Claude(!)

Sylvia: Claude, Death.

Briggid: Holyn(!), Dew, Jamka.

Tiltyu: Levin(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), Azel(!), Lex.

Edited by Joekitty

Alright, Jungby Castle's been seized. No casualties so far.

So Sigurd and Ethlin are siblings, as well as Azel and Alvis? I didn't know this!

Is it better to have Ethlin spam Live whenever possible, or use the churches whenever they're close by?

Okay, finished the Prologue! Everyone's alive and well, although there were some close times!

So far, 31 turns have been taken!

Almost every single one of these guys are pretty good...except Ardan. Ardan sucks. Ardan stays in the castle. I love Lex!

Okay, finished the Prologue! Everyone's alive and well, although there were some close times!

So far, 31 turns have been taken!

Almost every single one of these guys are pretty good...except Ardan. Ardan sucks. Ardan stays in the castle. I love Lex!

I've only used Arden in one playthough. He was iffy at best. Don't feel bad about letting him sit on your main castle for most of the time.

Lex is amazing. Be sure to get the Hero Axe in Chapter 1!

Tips. Well FE4 is quite unlike other FEs. Most of it you should have figured out by now or by the start of Chapter 1. This site has excellent resources for telling you what's what like events, love growths and holy blood so use it.

I know more pairing advice is probably the last thing you need but for what it's worth these worked for my (recently finished) first playthrough:

Aideen and Midir

Ayra and Holyn

Lachesis and Beowulf

Fury and Levin

Sylvia and Claude

Tiltyu and Azel

Briggid and Dew (this one takes a bit longer)

These are all fairly fast, yield the items you need, the parents' roles match the children's roles and they can pass on any equipment*. Hard to go wrong with, good for a beginner (well, they worked for me).

You'll want to use the arena when you're doing preparations for the chapter because units cannot die and can only fight 7 arena opponents per chapter. If a unit loses they will leave the arena with 1HP, even if that's what they entered on (which you can use to get new RNs) and if they win they get gold and experience. The arena is probably the best way to get gold, since each unit has their own, so use it. Protip: if you enter the arena on 1HP prayer doesn't work but wrath does.

Hope that helped.

*only tomes for Tiltyu and Azel, only staves for Aideen and Claude and only swords and staves for Lachesis

Edit: one more tip, if Lachesis' 3 paladin guards survive Chapter 2 you get a great item but they'll charge on the first enemy they get in range of and don't stop until they or all the enemies are dead. I'd recommend keeping Lachesis well back and having her be a staffbot on the backlines (tip: you should train her; the elite ring helps but can be a pain to give to her)

Edited by Byte2222

Well, pretty much what everyone has been telling you.

In next chapter, Lex can get a Brave Axe, you can find the info of that event in the FE 4 part of the Serenes Forest section.

Also, sometimes a mid-boss will charge you with a group of enemies with them. If you beat a large amount of them, the mid-boss will retreat to his/her base and return with the complete squad after it; this can be; a) good if you need to train some troops a bit more; b) a dire situation if you're low in weapons, HP, and all around the map; also, the arena works pretty different than in other FE, you have a limit access to it, if you're unit loses a fight, it will still be around with 1 HP; use them to increase your level and get Exp for all units that can fight, if one loses then abuse staves by all means or leave it to guard the castle.

Edited by Light Lord

Although you're not using Arden, make sure you get his Pursuit Ring in Ch. 2, everyone wants it in Gen 1, and Celice and Leaf will be fighting over it in Gen 2!

I'd argue that LevinXTiltyu is the way to go, for early LOLsety spammage in Ch. 6 right off the bat. For Fury, I enjoy pairing her with Claude for access to the Valkyrie in 2nd gen (which is a life saver for first time playthroughs) and an essential flying healer which is also very helpful. And, I like to favour Lachesis and promote her by the start of Ch. 3, you'll see why.