Hazuki's FE4 Playthrough

Hazuki

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About those bandits destroying the villages...would I be able to do something about that?

Conquer castle Herheim, then move all units to strike them down, but be careful because Vortz and Beowulf appear with a mercenary team, as well as the knights sent by castle Anphony. Once done, don't conquer until you have someone back in your main base with Levin.

He can recruit a Peg. Knight that appears right after you conquer Anphony.

Do all of Lachesis' paladins have to survive, or can at least just one in order to obtain that bonus that someone mentioned earlier?

Unfortunately, they all must survive, but they always attack the nearest enemies to them/keep close to Lachesis, so this becomes a problem when healers are not close to them or you're in a dire situation.

You wanna get the first village, it has a pretty important Item Levin could use. To save it though, you need to be quick, also I'm assuming you're using savestates because thats pretty important too. Bumrush to Herhein and then when Levin and Sylvia appear, have Levin move west towards the village. You should make Sylvia Dance for him if necessary too.

Aren't the stats of the children based off the parents?

It's just a small addition to the base stats based on the level of the parent and the growths. In the case of Diedre, this is mostly magic and res, not worth the trouble, specially for a beginner.

If you're gonna be picking up that Pursuit Ring, I would suggest giving it to Levin ASAP.

I will, although I'm not sure how I want to through clear the Heirhein army first.

Why Levin, though? Also, where exactly does he appear on the map? I don't see him yet...

Why Levin, though? Also, where exactly does he appear on the map? I don't see him yet...

I just figure he'll benefit from a better chance at doubling than what Adept gives. (Which is a 36% chance of doubling at base without the Pursuit Ring before applying weapon weight.) Also the fact that Adept gives an extra attack when it activates on a Pursuit user. Edited by Elmer

Explanation in previous post.

Levin appears in the town that is to the farthest right, nearby Mackily if I remember correctly, with Sylvia by his side.

Edited by Kristyakitty

Who should have Philip's Return Ring?

Personally, I don't think someone specific. You could give it to the unit that you're using to guard your main castle and that usually ends up quite far from it. I gave it to Cuan by accident and forgot to get it back, so if I used Ardan it was hard to move him around the later chapters.

Personally, I don't think someone specific. You could give it to the unit that you're using to guard your main castle and that usually ends up quite far from it. I gave it to Cuan by accident and forgot to get it back, so if I used Ardan it was hard to move him around the later chapters.

Ardan seems like a nice choice, but is the Return Ring perishable? Is it a one time use item, or does it have infinite uses?

Edited by Hazukitty

I like having the Return Ring on Ethlin. It allows for good maneuvering as you can Return up to two people in one turn (useful in Chapter 3, where the castle is in the center)

Edited by monkymeet

If you give Fin a Return Ring and he's promoted, and by the end of Chapter 5 you get Lachesis the other Return Ring and the Return Staff, in Chapter 7, have Fin get rid of all the bandits near Lenster, and then use the stuff to get everyone home and you can use Leaf and Nanna through the chapter.

I redid a part of Chapter 2, so now Ethlin has the Barrier Ring, and unlike last time, I can save all of the villages. I believe that Aideen and Azel are now lovers.

Also, I notice that Generals here seem a lot better than Generals in other FE games. I've only been used to them using either swords, lances, or axes, but never all three, plus bows.

AzelxAideen is strange. Lana can use Elfire after promotion (yay? Elfire sucks anyway), has ridiculously high magic, and has pursuit. But Lester is terribad because of Azel's growths. Don't expect Lester to be very good. He has pursuit though. I guess he's kind of like Dimna without that sexy strength bonus.

Edited by Darros

AzelxAideen is strange. Lana can use Elfire after promotion (yay? Elfire sucks anyway), has ridiculously high magic, and has pursuit. But Lester is terribad because of Azel's growths. Don't expect Lester to be very good. He has pursuit though. I guess he's kind of like Dimna without that sexy strength bonus.

He can use a Silver Bow before Promo though, and still has Pursuit, so there's that. I guess if you gave them both to Faval that would work. He can still chip pretty decently and might be able to clear the arena if he takes the Strength Ring.

There are worst Lester, like Cluade!Lester, though that you usually do so you get a gr9mazing Rana.