Hazuki's FE4 Playthrough

Hazuki

Everyone? That's really good! On my first playthrough I didn't promote Alec, Arden, Azel, Midayle, Noish, or Holyn.

>:(

On a side note, Hazu, you're now on my favorite chapter! :awesome:

Edited by crashman_alpha

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 4 finished!

In...152 turns!

All females have been paired except for Briggid, but I'll make sure to have this changed during Chapter 5 with Dew. Sometime later I'll post my characters after I work on battle preparations at the main castle to assess progress.

This is it!

fireemblemseisennokeifu.pngfireemblemseisennokeifu.pngfireemblemseisennokeifuu.png

fireemblemseisennokeifu.pngfireemblemseisennokeifu.pngfireemblemseisennokeifuh.png

fireemblemseisennokeifu.pngfireemblemseisennokeifu.pngfireemblemseisennokeifu.png

fireemblemseisennokeifua.pngfireemblemseisennokeifu.pngfireemblemseisennokeifu.png

fireemblemseisennokeifui.pngfireemblemseisennokeifu.pngfireemblemseisennokeifux.png

fireemblemseisennokeifu.pngfireemblemseisennokeifu.pngfireemblemseisennokeifu.png

fireemblemseisennokeifuf.pngfireemblemseisennokeifu.png

Inventory wise, I don't know how I want these set up, especially by the end of the chapter. I really want help on that.

The only items that aren't seen here are Aura and a Return Ring, both of which are in the pawn shop.

Pairings are:

Aideen!Azel

Ayra!Lex

Lachesis!Beowulf

Sylvia!Claude

Fury!Levin

Tiltyu!Ardan

Briggid!Dew (tentative)

Advice, please!

This is it!

fireemblemseisennokeifu.pngfireemblemseisennokeifu.pngfireemblemseisennokeifuu.png

fireemblemseisennokeifu.pngfireemblemseisennokeifu.pngfireemblemseisennokeifuh.png

fireemblemseisennokeifua.pngfireemblemseisennokeifu.pngfireemblemseisennokeifu.png

fireemblemseisennokeifui.pngfireemblemseisennokeifu.pngfireemblemseisennokeifux.png

fireemblemseisennokeifuf.pngfireemblemseisennokeifu.png

Inventory wise, I don't know how I want these set up, especially by the end of the chapter. I really want help on that.

The only items that aren't seen here are Aura and a Return Ring, both of which are in the pawn shop.

Pairings are:

Aideen!Azel

Ayra!Lex

Lachesis!Beowulf

Sylvia!Claude

Fury!Levin

Tiltyu!Ardan

Briggid!Dew (tentative)

Advice, please!

I have a pretty detailed item inheritance list set up in my topic but that's for a different set of pairings. I like to think I'm pretty good at this so I'll try my best to help you out. Item's in parenthesis are items that automatically start in kid's inventory's. Sell anything that isn't part of the specific parent's list for extra starting gold => faster Elite Ring passing, although you have the option of sending passable weapons to storage if you'd like, although I don't know why you would want to as anything I've left out is either useless B-rank or C-rank. I've also organized items so nothing in the kid's inventory is over 7 items so that unit can be used from the get go using the weapons specific for their starting territories without having to delve into storage. I try to organize weapons into a offensive / defensive (light weapons for evasion counts) double set as well, having units move around with the defensive weapon equipped and only using the offensive weapon for kills / to attack with (using Canto to switch back to the defensive weapon after a mounted unit finishes their attack.) I also recommend buying Patty the Fire Sword in Chapter 7 because Earth Sword only has 10 uses, although it's useful if she has to fight the Dark magic in her starting area / it's her Magic + defensive sword combined as is her Defence Sword.

I prioritize giving rings to non-Holy Weapon users that benefit their skillset more and Hero weapons to non-Continue skillsets (Celice will get a Hero Sword of his own through an event which I recommend selling to Patty when she promotes + Celice gets Tyrfing and Johalva / Johan can be set up a kill to get their Hero Axe.) I'm also assuming you give the Chapter 6 Skill Ring to Fee (Critical) and the Chapter 7 Speed Ring to Leaf (Continue) to keep in line with this (I recommend selling Patty's Skill Ring to Leaf as well for Critical). I recommend giving the second generation Power Ring to Patty, Magic Ring to Tinny and the Shield + Barrier Ring to Nanna (Charisma). The Life / Return Ring(s) are mostly accessories but I prefer it on units that provide leadership bonuses / are important game changers so I have it structured that way.

I just want to note that you made my job extra hard by not setting up certain kills for certain items that cannot be bought by respective parents, but it's okay ^_^

Sigurd: Silver Blade, Wind Sword, (Slim Sword,) Elite Ring, Life Ring (sell to Delmud / Leaf / Nanna before triggering Celice's event after defeating Alvis,) Return Ring

Aideen: Recover Staff, (Relive Staff,) Libro Staff, Restore Staff, Warp Staff, Bargain Ring

Azel: (Iron Bow,) Power Ring

Ayra: Steel Blade, Hero Sword (sell to Skasaher ASAP,) (Iron Blade,) Slim Sword

Lex: (Iron Blade)

Lachesis: Silver Sword, Prayer Sword, (Iron Sword,) (Relive Staff,) Return Staff, Return Ring (sell to Delmud / Leaf once they have space.)

Beowulf: Silver Sword, Cutter, Clipper, (Iron Sword,) Thief Sword, Shield Ring, Barrier Ring

Sylvia: Slim Sword, Leg Ring, Knight Ring

Claude: Relive Staff, Reserve Staff, (Libro Staff,) Rescue Staff, Valkyrie Staff

Fury: Hero Lance (sell to Celice after both him and Fee promote,) (Slim Lance,) Javelin, Slayer, Thunder Sword, (Berserk Sword,) Speed Ring. Storage: Slim Lance and Javelin (that has the least kills out of the two.)

Levin: Holsety, Elwind, (Lightning,) Elfire, Thunder, Silence Staff, Sleep Staff

Tiltyu: (Elthunder,) Wind, Fire

Ardan: (Wind,) Magic Ring, Pursuit Ring

Brigid: Ichival, (Silver Bow,) Killer Bow. Storage: Silver Bow and Steel Bow (that has the highest kills out of the two if you plan to recruit Johalva and promote him.)

Dew: Defence Sword, Earth Sword, (Sleep Sword,) Skill Ring

You really screwed over Lester imo. But hopefully once you get the Hero Bow (or the extra bows that Faval is carrying, he only really needs the Silver Bow he comes with as a backup weapon to not go into debt from using Ichival in the arena) and a couple of lucky RNG statups + Power Ring he should be fine. Otherwise I'd say you did well ^_^

Good luck in Second Generation ! I'm just starting Chapter 6 myself too (4th play through)

Edit: Switched the Fire tome to Tiltyu!Tinny from Aideen!Lana because although Fala blood increases the weapon rank for Fire magic, it won't go into effect until promotion happens, as evidenced by Julia's promotion / Fala blood (she isn't able to use Fire magic in her initial starting class but gets B rank magic across the board upon promotion where the Fala blood comes into effect changing the B rank Fire magic to A). Lana's promotion gives C rank magic across the board so when the Fala blood comes into effect upon promotion she'll be able to use B rank Fire magic (Elfire.) Sorry about that :3

Edited by black.ops

You're doing well! I'm impressed by how much experience everyone has and your inventory management is good. A few pointers on that first: Azel's Iron Cutter is utterly redundant, Lachesis won't want a Thunder tome with 10 magic, Aideen's Fire tome is ruining her (surprisingly screwed) decent speed stat and Jamuka has 2 great bows while Midir has none. I'd recommend you have Azel keep Wind (unless Aideen needs some help in the arena getting gold), give Aideen Lachesis' Thunder and give Midir one of Jamuka's bows.

For inheritance (now's a decent time to talk about it):

1. Most mothers pass items to children who are the same class

2. The exceptions to 1. are Ethlin (who's already gone), Lachesis (whose daughter is a Troubadour) and Tiltyu (whose daughter is a general Mage - she can't inherit Thoron!)

3. The fathers pass items on to:

Aideen: a bow knight

Aira: a swordfighter

Lachesis: a free knight

Sylvia: a (underleveled) priest

Fury: a sage (prepromoted)

Tiltyu: a general mage

Briggid: a thief

4. Parents can pass down any item their respective children can equip on recruitment (that's why I've been listing classes)

5. Remember minor holy blood boosts associated weapon rank by 1, major up to * (can equip anything)

6. Class weapon ranks can be found on this site

I'll leave the rest in your capable hands. Inheritance is a great way of getting amazing weapons in the earlygame so use it. I'm sure people below me (and above) will give specific advice but your judgement has been good so far.

Pass down Elite Ring, Hero Sword, and Leg Ring to Celice and watch him rape.

You forgot the Knight Ring. He only needs it for C6, but he likes it for C6.

• 1 month later...

It was a long hiatus, but very recently I came back to playing FE4! Still on Chapter 5.

Conquered Lubeck and I have to admit that the game seems a lot less of a hassle now that nearly everyone is pretty strong.

• 2 weeks later...