Hazuki's FE4 Playthrough

Hazuki

Although you're not using Arden, make sure you get his Pursuit Ring in Ch. 2, everyone wants it in Gen 1, and Celice and Leaf will be fighting over it in Gen 2!

I'd argue that LevinXTiltyu is the way to go, for early LOLsety spammage in Ch. 6 right off the bat. For Fury, I enjoy pairing her with Claude for access to the Valkyrie in 2nd gen (which is a life saver for first time playthroughs) and an essential flying healer which is also very helpful. And, I like to favour Lachesis and promote her by the start of Ch. 3, you'll see why.

Even though Celice already has Pursuit. Yep.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow, I'm liking what I'm seeing here! I'll definitely use some of the information from here as references.

I was a little occupied after finishing the Prologue, so I'm just about to start Chapter 1 right now. Not sure if I'll finish tonight, but we'll see.

Remember, you need to seize Genoa before recruiting Ayra.

Will she attack if I'm in range of her, though?

Also, about arenas... You can only use them seven times per unit, yes? Do losses also count towards this? In addition, is it better to just use the arenas when the current map is pretty much done, or what?

She will attack. She will start charging at you a short distance out of her range though, so you can bait her out and have Sigurd charge Genoa. After the Seize, she'll start coming to Genoa.

There are 7 enemies in the Arena, and you can participate as many times as you want, so long as you didn't clear the arena and have a weapon

Will she attack if I'm in range of her, though?

Also, about arenas... You can only use them seven times per unit, yes? Do losses also count towards this? In addition, is it better to just use the arenas when the current map is pretty much done, or what?

Yes and no. She actually moves when you get near. You can move to the forest to the left side (where Aideen and Dew come from), Cuan would do, use him as a decoy to lure Ayra then escape a bit and strom the castle, seizing it, and then talk to Ayra with Sigurd to recruit her, that will do. This decoy is tricky sometimes, because if Cuan is a bit far from her and the other units that will storm are close, Ayra will go after them instead.

As for Arenas, there are 7 enemies in it, you can fight them during the entire chapter, but using your weapon (it drops its durability) and also what I pointed out before of HP. This time, you don't lose units, but their HP goes to 1 (if I recall correctly) if you lose a fight.

I'd argue that LevinXTiltyu is the way to go, for early LOLsety spammage in Ch. 6 right off the bat.

For a first time player I disagree with LevinXTiltyu: if they have high turncounts in Chapter 2 and 3 then it's possible Levin will pair with Sylvia before Tiltyu can catch up. LevinXFury may give marginally less useful results but is safer for a first time player.

Okay, here's how things are going for me in Chapter 1:

Genoa Castle still hasn't been seized yet, although the army that came from Marpha Castle and was chasing Dew and Aideen has been killed and I'm trying to get Sigurd, Cuan, Lex, and Azel to try to bum rush the Warrior on Genoa Castle so that Ayra could stop chasing us all around the nearby forest. I got Alec to kill that guy who was destroying that one village.

From the looks of it, this plan is going to work out. I've already taken 10 turns so far.

Deirdre and Jamka are both recruited. Still have to capture Verdane Castle, but surprisingly, I had a change of heart and actually got Ardan to do most of the work to get through the forest. Jamka sure was deadly with that Killer Bow. He'll definitely be useful with it now!

Oh, and I'm definitely getting that Hero Axe for Lex. Lex has the highest level of the group, too!

So Manfroy and Shamina were talking about resurrecting some kind of Dark Lord or something by...mixing the blood of the offsprings of some guy who descended from some other guy? Could anyone please clarify this for me? I kind of forgot the details of this part and it seems really important.

Basically:

Loputousu is some Dark God, and has descendants in the sane way as crusaders. His big plan is to get 2 people with minor Lopt. Blood, have them do the horizontal monster mash, have a child, and have him as the reincarnate of the Dark God.

- Be sure to have all of the pairing stuff done (Inheritance, etc.) before the end of Chapter 5. This is important.

On that note, Chapter 5 ends sooner than you think it does, according to the stated chapter objectives, if memory serves. Just a friendly caution there.

So Manfroy and Shamina were talking about resurrecting some kind of Dark Lord or something by...mixing the blood of the offsprings of some guy who descended from some other guy? Could anyone please clarify this for me? I kind of forgot the details of this part and it seems really important.

Spoilers go here, but basically Joekitty has answered the question. This won't be of much importance in the game, until you get to Gen. 2...maybe also in Chapter 3, but that's something else. It would be a good idea that by the end of Chapter 2 you sell Deirdre's Sleep Staff and give it to Aideen or later staff users you will get; you'll see why in Chapter 3.

Finished Chapter 1, finally!

Took me...79 turns!

You know, I kind of changed my mind. I want to bring Ardan along, and I'm thinking about giving him the Speed Ring that Alec has, as well as that Pursuit Ring. You can have more than one of these kind of items on a unit, right? Also, Sigurd has the Skill Ring and Dierdre has the Magic Ring...is this good?

They can have as many of those rings as they can carry and receive the bonus of each.

As for Sigurd and Deirdre, I always gave Sigurd the Speed one for improvement, but he may not need it in the future, the Skill ring in him could be of use for somebody else, perhaps Ardan or any character that has a tough time hitting enemies (just be sure to have money for it); Deirdre would do well with a Magic Ring, that way you can put to Sleep almost anything. Save some uses of the Sleep Staff for a Bishop boss in next chapter! That will be useful fighting it, since that boss has a similar staff. Just like before, if you will use the Sleep staff in the future with another healer or staff wielder, sell the staff and the ring to give them to someone else.

Looking at total turncounts so far and the fact that she's using Arden, Hazuki doesn't seem to care about movement. And Jamka's offense is a lot better than lolMidir's. Also Light Lord, the Sleep staff comes in Chapter 2 and has 1 use, are you referring to silence?

Word of advice give Dierdre a heal staff for chapter 2 and when it comes the elite ring too. Trust me you want to get her as many levels as you can in chapter 2.

Isn't this only useful for people who are trying to rank the game? Celice won't benefit much from overleveling Diedre.

Okay, just started Chapter 2 and nothing has really happened yet. Got Holyn, though.

About those bandits destroying the villages...would I be able to do something about that?