Hazuki's FE4 Playthrough

Hazuki

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, finished Chapter 2! Oh my gosh this was really tedious...

116 turns taken!

And now for some visuals!

fireemblemseisennokeifu.pngfireemblemseisennokeifu.pngfireemblemseisennokeifu.png

fireemblemseisennokeifu.pngfireemblemseisennokeifu.pngfireemblemseisennokeifu.png

fireemblemseisennokeifu.pngfireemblemseisennokeifup.pngfireemblemseisennokeifuf.png

fireemblemseisennokeifu.pngfireemblemseisennokeifuf.pngfireemblemseisennokeifu.png

These are what I had at the end of Chapter 2. What do you guys think, especially stat-wise?

You're going to end up promoting Lex and Ethlin next chapter, but I'd try to give Fin a little more exp. It helps if he's promoted when he leaves.

Aideen will promote too, and you can give her Azel's Fire or Thunder tome or something. I'd give Lachesis the Return Staff and spam that a bit, since you can promote her and keep her with whoever she's being paired with more easily.

That seems fairly reasonable (but I can't comment with much authority on stats). I'd agree with the guy above me, Fin is very important and could do with some more exp and Aideen would like a tome on promotion (ideally the wind tome from the shop in chapter 4 so she keeps her great evasion but thunder is decent). You might also want to consider giving Fury a slim sword, possibly Ardan's since he'd do well with Sigurd's now redundant steel sword because he doesn't need speed to double or dodge. You seem (like me) to be good at getting healers experience, I had all 3 staff users promoted by the end of chapter 2 of my playthrough wink.gif.

WTF happened to Midayle, he doesn't suck as bad as usual!

Your Azel is very fast, that's good!

In cases like Sigurds and Cuans, you might as well just sell their lesser weapons (Iron Sword and Steel Lance, unless you spammed kills on them for some reason). Silver > Steel > Iron, as the only difference between the weapons in might.

So Lachesis gets this Knight Ring, but she'll probably promote to Master Knight pretty soon and make having it pretty pointless. Who ought to have the Knight Ring instead?

Azel can use it after promotion. So can Tiltyu, I think.

What class does Azel promote to? According to SF, it says that Mages promote to either Mage Fighters or Mage Knights. Does this mean Azel could promote to either, or is he character locked into a specific promoted class?

In case you were wondering, Bard and Shaman =/= Mage. They promote into Sages instead of Mage Knights/Fighters. Except Diadora, who can't promote for some reason.

Right now what's going on...

Fury is flying around saving most of the villages, although I'll probably save the gold for other characters like Azel, who needs some to buy the Magic Ring still. Aideen has like every staff that isn't Live. Ayra and Lex are now lovers. Aideen and Ethlin are promoted, Lachesis is on the verge. Fin cleared those incoming mages and I'll see if he can do more. I gave Beowulf the Thief Sword because I don't know.

Also, about those neutral soldiers to the west, can I do anything about them, or are they going to stand there the whole time?

Those soldiers will move once you seize the first castle, that's just their way of keeping you out of where you don't belong.

Aideen can also pass down every staff except A rank ones, so the Fortify Claude comes with as well as Rescue can only be passed down if she and him are lovers.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally making some progress into this game after being busy for a while. Conquered the first castle with ease! Cross Knights were cleared, but I think their leader is getting executed... Wahhhhh.

Lachesis and Fin have promoted, and will probably become lovers. I'm trying to get Levin and Fury to become lovers, as well. If this is the case, is anyone willing to suggest good pairs with Sylvia and Tiltyu?

Azel and Sylvia and struggling for gold so that they can buy rings.

SylviaXClaude the first time around is nice for the Valkyrie Staff.

TiltyuXAzel is good, same with Lex, Levin, or if you're dumb like me or have the others all paired, Arden.

Might want to use spoiler tags on the first bit about the Cross Knights Leader

Tiltyu x Azel yields pretty good stats IIRC, but doesn't really offer anything beyond that. Levin x Tiltyu is better, but you're going for Holsety!Sety, which is just fine too.

Both of Sylvia's kids don't really benefit too much, and an arguement can be made the Laylea is better than Leen, but Dew x Sylvia isn't bad so Leen can inherit the bargain skill.

Have you ever tried Holyn!Sylvia, Horace? Moonlight Swords is fun, and she can use the Hero Sword. It's more hilarious than helpful though.

Have you ever tried Holyn!Sylvia, Horace? Moonlight Swords is fun, and she can use the Hero Sword. It's more hilarious than helpful though.

No, I haven't actually. By the sounds of it, if she's lucky, Leen might be able to kill something. Of course, she would never get to keep the Hero Sword, but still...

TRYING IT NEXT PLAYTHROUGH

Any suggestions on who should have the Life Ring?

Sigurd is good with it, but the Life Ring is really just novelty. I give it to someone whose kid needs money in Gen 2 (Levin, Cuan, Ethlin)

If Levin is taken, Tailto should go with either Azel or Lex. Azel gives nice stats (best magic growth from all options), and also provides Pursuit, which is really helpful. As for Lex, well, the main reason to pair Tailto with Lex is so that the kids can get the Ambush+Wrath combo, allowing them to strike first all the time with a 100% critical when their HP gets low. Lex also provides Elite and good defense, at the cost of horrible magic.

As for Sylvia, pairing her with Claude will let you pass down the Valkyrie Staff (Fury's son is the only other child that can inherit it). While stuff like Holyn+Sylvia improve Leen's combat, I think it would be more helpful to focus on the kids' utility. For that reason, it's probably better to leave her unpaired (or dead) since Leen's substitute has Charisma, while Corple's substitute has a Berserk Staff.

Who ought to hold the Silver Blade? Everyone who's able to use it currently doesn't really need it, so I think it's a matter of inheritance, but I don't know about that.