Hazuki's FE4 Playthrough

Hazuki

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Power Ring and Wind Sword?

About to kill the guy at Orgahil Castle and end the chapter. This chapter was rather easy compared to Chapter 2 for me. Lex promoted. Fin hasn't been paired with anyone, so is it okay to just leave him with the Iron and Steel Lance, as well as the Return Ring? Speaking of which, I know that Ethlin's staves should be sold, but what about her Barrier Ring?

Also, Ethlin managed to reach the level cap! Feels good!

I thought we talked about the magic swords a few pages back. :/

And Power Ring can go to whoever has low strength and needs it (no magic users or nothing) atm.

Alright, Chapter 3 done!

It took...165 turns!

Let's look at the Lenster trio at the end of the chapter:

fireemblemseisennokeiful.pngfireemblemseisennokeifu.pngfireemblemseisennokeifu.png

Good, yes?

I'm already a few turns into Chapter 4. Is there anything I might want to know here?

Here are my current pairings:

Lex!Ayra

Azel!Aideen

Levin!Fury

Pairings that I'm working on:

Ardan!Tiltyu

Dew!Briggid

Lachesis!Beowulf

Sylvia!Claude

Any comments on this?

Well. I would advise against AzelXAideen, but I suppose it can do. And it already has been done.

Oh my god Arden Tiltyu. It's not a fabulous pairing (though Arthur can use swords after promotion) but if you do it first time you will be my hero.

I find it's good for units to have at least one weapon for mundane use and at least one weapon for all-out use. The former is usually accounted for by starting inventories and the latter are normally silvers or hero weapons. The ones who want swords are Ira (who should have the Hero Sword) and Holyn and Beowulf (when he promotes); of the latter two I reckon one should have the silver sword and one should have the silver blade (I had Holyn take the blade and Beowulf the sword but I had Holyn paired with Ira)

For the Wind Sword, I found it quite useful on Briggid's daughter and didn't have much need for it in the first gen. Power ring I'm not sure about; if one of your units has low strength it'd be a good fix and it's quite useful on Aideen's son.

Assuming it's not too late I'm not sure it's a good idea to have Cuan and Ethlin walk away with the Silver Lance and Sword because their children won't really need them that much and there are people who could make good use of them in the rest of the first gen and the start of the second gen. The pursuit ring is also amazing for Ethlin to pass onto her son (and it gets him promoted faster). If Fin isn't paired he can hold onto his items just fine.

Your pairing are... well I'll definitely say I wouldn't have recommended Azel!Aideen but what's done is done. The fact that Lex and Claude are paired as well means that Arden is probably the best pairing left for Tiltyu but her children are probably going to have a lot of trouble... in fact you might want to consider substitutes. You may also want to consider Holyn!Briggid, it really helps Briggid's daughter to have Odo blood and is no harder than Dew!Briggid but both are fine choices. The other are pretty solid first pairings though, good for a first playthrough.

Sorry if I've given some rubbish answers or advise too late, I'm no expert myself and didn't want to chip in too early with something wrong.

About inheritance, are all of a parent's skills passed down to his or her respective child, or only certain ones?

And what's the difference between citizen and soldier skills?

For children all the parents' citizen skills are passed to both children. The exception is Shooting Star Sword, Moonlight Sword and Sun Sword (Astra, Luna and Sol) which only appear on unmounted units who can use a sword when you recruit them (Swordfighters, Thieves and Dancers). Also, like Darros said, soldier skills are class skills and citizen skills are personal skills.

Jamka!Arthur is actually not that bad from my past experiences. Continue+Charge is the next best thing to Pursuit. If you really truly need him to have Pursuit, I wouldn't leave out Alec. His growths aren't spectacular in that pairing, but honestly, once he promotes (Which if you do it right, can happen by chapter 7), He'll end up pretty much like Alec with Magic and better stats. If Holyn isn't getting laid, you should consider trying to get Tiltyu and Holyn together, which gives Arthur a wtf125% Skill, and INSANE HP (150%). He won't get any skills this way though, but just something to consider.

Alright, Chapter 3 done!

It took...165 turns!

Let's look at the Lenster trio at the end of the chapter:

fireemblemseisennokeiful.pngfireemblemseisennokeifu.pngfireemblemseisennokeifu.png

Good, yes?

Lol, you're going to get trolled as Chapter 4 starts.

Actually, it's not too late for me to go back and change inventories by the end of Chapter 3. I didn't play much of Chapter 4 anyway, so I'll probably do that when I get the chance.

I seriously have no idea why I gave Ethlin the Silver Blade. I was meaning to give that to Beowulf but for some reason I forgot about that plan. I could understand if it's better for Cuan to not have that Silver Lance since it'd have more use for others.

Sylvia keeps falling in love with Alec, which I don't want. I want to pair Sylvia with Claude.

Will reviving Alec with the Valkyrie Staff retain the items that he had when he died? His inventory consists of an Iron Sword, Iron Lance, Javelin, and Wing Clipper. I'm thinking about killing him off for a little while until I get the result that I want, but I wanted to know about this before deciding.

I'm fairly certain the items stay on the dead person, and when they get revived they get their items back.

Move a character next to the Civilians, and the "Help" option will appear, and grant whoever helps them a free level up. Give the exp to whoever needs it. One of them might get picked off by blizzard, so try to kill the two mages nearby.

Edited by General_Horace

I'm glad you're enjoying Holsety. It's not even the best weapon the player can use in the game, it's just the best you can use before the penultimate castle of the game. Even so it's pretty epic. On an unrelated note, Arden and Sylvia? I'm sure you had your reasons but you look like you're going to have some pretty unusual (and unhelpful) pairings. Just out of interest who are you going to pair Tiltyu with now? Also unrelated: nice name change.

Edited by Byte2222

I'm glad you're enjoying Holsety. It's not even the best weapon the player can use in the game, it's just the best you can use before the penultimate castle of the game. Even so it's pretty epic. On an unrelated note, Arden and Sylvia? I'm sure you had your reasons but you look like you're going to have some pretty unusual (and unhelpful) pairings. Just out of interest who are you going to pair Tiltyu with now? Also unrelated: nice name change.

Oh wait, I made a mistake.

I meant to say Tiltyu, not Sylvia, haha. Sylvia's paired with Claude.

mm who'd you pair with lex? i would think tiltyuxlex would have been better than tiltyuxardan for the ambush wrath + elite + holy blood neir bonus (if you like magefighters / mage knights who can use (strength) swords usefully after promotion plus tank some physical hits..which'll most likely happen if you're making the pairing to abuse ambush wrath ^_^)

mm who'd you pair with lex? i would think tiltyuxlex would have been better than tiltyuxardan for the ambush wrath + elite + holy blood neir bonus (if you like magefighters / mage knights who can use (strength) swords usefully after promotion plus tank some physical hits..which'll most likely happen if you're making the pairing to abuse ambush wrath ^_^)

Lex is paired with Ayra.

Anyway, I'm just about to seize Zaxon Castle, ending Chapter 4. As of now, everyone is promoted!

Everyone? That's really good! On my first playthrough I didn't promote Alec, Arden, Azel, Midayle, Noish, or Holyn.