Being a White Knight sucks.

Ein

So yeah. My last class for the day finishes and I head to the bus stop to catch my bus.

A few stops later and some guy gets on and sits across from me.

A few stops later and some young woman gets on and that one guy sitting across from me almost immediately begins to harass the poor woman. He's telling her she should go to his place so she can perform all of these lewd sexual acts to him which kind of pissed me off and she just tries to ignore him rightly so.

As she begins to walk past him I notice that he's raising his hand with an open palm like he was about to smack her behind and without thinking I grab his arm and look straight into his eyes and say, "Leave her alone." then let go of his arm.

Everyone on the bus got extra quiet. I mean. Some kid with glasses, a long ponytail who's wearing a red Kirby t-shirt with the phrase "I Want You Inside Me" just told some asshole to stop being an asshole.

And I could already tell this was gonna go not good because he kept giving me that look that says "I'm going to kick your ass."

Eventually I get off the bus and that one guy follows me. Apparently we were the only ones who got off. I actually didn't notice him until he shoved me from behind. When he did I dropped by backpack and turned around to face him as he was about to try and punch me. I duck to evade the punch and immediately grab his neck and get a good hold of it. I pressed on his throat and he stopped making noise which scared the hell out of me because the other times I've done this to defend myself my assailant would still be able to say something so I let go of his neck and kicked him in the stomach and he promptly fell flat on his ass chocking and gasping for air.

At that point I just grab my backpack and walk across the street LIKE A BOSS and buy some lunch at Taco Bell before walking home in this 100 degree weather.

So yeah. That was a fun afternoon. :KnollRoll:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eventually I get off the bus and that one guy follows me. Apparently we were the only ones who got off. I actually didn't notice him until he shoved me from behind. When he did I dropped by backpack and turned around to face him as he was about to try and punch me. I duck to evade the punch and immediately grab his neck and get a good hold of it. I pressed on his throat and he stopped making noise which scared the hell out of me because the other times I've done this to defend myself my assailant would still be able to say something so I let go of his neck and kicked him in the stomach and he promptly fell flat on his ass chocking and gasping for air.

I am sceptical.

If you white knighted for the girl at all then respect. But I cannot imagine the fight going well. It sounds too perfect. In a scuffle, BOTH parties are pretty badly beaten.

I guess the fact that you're admitting you're shaken lends a little credence.

If you white knighted for the girl at all then respect. But I cannot imagine the fight going well. It sounds too perfect. In a scuffle, BOTH parties are pretty badly beaten.

True... This scuffle went too well for me it's weird.

I've never been in a fight (unless merely having a rusty knife put to my throat counts) but I've seen fights before my eyes. They tend to end on the ground in a whirling mass of legs and arms.

I resolve to bring a large stick to any physical confrontation.

I refuse to be a skeptic,

because to do otherwise would be to believe away beauty.

Also, even if he had whupped your ass,

one chick would've gotten away relatively unmolested.

What a hero, did you get any pussy?

He's a knight in shining armor. Love unrequited is more his aim, at least until he rests his lance down (hardy har har) and becomes a feudal lord of a small town, or perhaps some craftsman, merchant or farmer of all things.

Edited by Blue Mars

He's a knight in shining armor. Love unrequited is more his aim, at least until he rests his lance down (hardy har har) and becomes a feudal lord of a small town, or perhaps some craftsman, merchant or farmer of all things.

Until his princess appears before him, hell, even after probably, he shall treat all women with dignity and respect. That's what a white knight does.

Until his princess appears before him, hell, even after probably, he shall treat all women with dignity and respect. That's what a white knight does.

Not all knights have princesses. In this kingdom, is the destiny of knightdom controlled by some transcendental lady or princess? Is it like the hand of beauty hovering above? At least it is true that man has no control; even over his own aesthetics.

What fighting style do you practice, because you must be a black belt in straight up god magic to have done that.

Is god magic another word for the heart of a lion.

Edited by Blue Mars

This is why I never stand up for other people any more. People who are willing to are welcome, just saying they should be taller than five foot five.

I WILL FIGHT FOR YOU INSTEAD, MY LOVE

...fuck, this might get me in some trouble. Even though I'm trained and shit, I'm sure I can't take on every opponent. Maybe I'll get that claymore off Ebay or something.

...unless the dude has a gun, in which case, fuck.

I wouldn't really call this white knighting, because white knighting has negative connotations that this doesn't really deserve. White knighting, as I understand the term, has an implication of doing (whatever protective act) because OMG A GURL MAYBE SHE WILL LIEK ME, rather than because it's a decent thing to do. The account given seems more to have been of the "because it's a decent thing to do" variety, assuming it is factual.

So good job, man. The world needs more people who call out scumbags like that.

I WILL FIGHT FOR YOU INSTEAD, MY LOVE

...fuck, this might get me in some trouble. Even though I'm trained and shit, I'm sure I can't take on every opponent. Maybe I'll get that claymore off Ebay or something.

...unless the dude has a gun, in which case, fuck.

Relax. I heard from a friend significiantly more reliable than knitty - unless knitty really is reliable, and not in the posts almost the exact same shit in intro topics over and over again kind of reliable - that within a certain range, knives have an advantage over guns anyway. Easier to pick up and use and shit. Now if he's trained with a gun and it's in cold blood...

Why aren't you learning to use a gun, oh paranoia client? He may well bear a golden bat!

paranoia20agent.jpg

I wouldn't really call this white knighting, because white knighting has negative connotations that this doesn't really deserve. White knighting, as I understand the term, has an implication of doing (whatever protective act) because OMG A GURL MAYBE SHE WILL LIEK ME, rather than because it's a decent thing to do. The account given seems more to have been of the "because it's a decent thing to do" variety, assuming it is factual.

So good job, man. The world needs more people who call out scumbags like that.

The internet slew medieval literature. Where lies chivalry? It sits at a feast with the Once and Future King.

Edited by Blue Mars