We have to be vocal now

Esaka

The thing that made FE12 not release stateside was that we didn't care. Look at how Reggie says they're watching sales for Zenosage or whatever, rainfall worked to an extent.

We need to do that to get this game, emails should begin now.

I was actually thinking of starting a huge petition. I think us getting up their ass can only have a positive effect because they know that not bringing it to NA etc. will not shut us up.

This comment should probably not be taken seriously...

Edited by Strawhat Luffy

The way I see it now people (as in whoever the fuck is in charge of localizing games) were too damn lazy and by the time they realized "oshi-we better localize this game!" they decided against it because with the 3DS coming out, they didn't want to localize a "previous generation" DS game. Which is dumb, there were still plenty of good DS games coming out several months ago. Been playing a little bit of Sonic Colors and it's fun

I think we might as well not take a chance of letting this game not get localized and be pushy about this. Even Scamco (Namco-Bandai) got involved with their fanbase (albeit it's a ton bigger than the FE fanbase) with some push so nothing is impossible in terms of trying to make a "1% difference".

Weren't FE11's sales pretty damn good? People not caring was never the problem.

Compared to the GBA FE's, there isn't enough information out there (It sold slightly worse than the GBA games in Japan), but FE11 sold MUCH better than Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, and it broke the 400k mark, meaning it was a success. It also sold better than Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, if that means anything.

Regardless, the chance of this game not being released outside of Japan is low. The 3DS has a very small pool of games, let alone first and second party titles that aren't remakes. It'll probably be announced for a U.S. release at E3 as part of some side panel or something.

Compared to the GBA FE's, there isn't enough information out there (It sold slightly worse than the GBA games in Japan), but FE11 sold MUCH better than Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, and it broke the 400k mark, meaning it was a success. It also sold better than Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, if that means anything.

Regardless, the chance of this game not being released outside of Japan is low. The 3DS has a very small pool of games, let alone first and second party titles that aren't remakes. It'll probably be announced for a U.S. release at E3 as part of some side panel or something.

Yeah, I think this one's actually pretty likely to see release.

The thing that's bugging me is the high chance they'll skip FE12 entirely for this.

I think FE3DS has already been skipped. There's too much evidence for it. Sometimes official word is not needed to understand a game isn't gonna make it over.

I agree with the OP, though. We need to act fast. But I don't think it should be this early. Doing it this early would clearly show that we are merely die-hard fans, and not where the real money is. We should organize and put up somewhat of a facade to show that we ARE where the real profits are. With Operation Rainfall, Nintendo has shown me that they do not care for the most hardcore of fans, which is understandable. So, we need to show that we aren't just hardcore fans. Going gung-ho at the very beginning of the Japanese news simply does not show that we are casual fans.

Yeah, it's a little dishonest. But they get they're money, and we get our game. Everybody wins.

Where's your source? Mine tells me 250K in US and 270K in Europe. It also reports zero sales in the west for FE9 so...

Edited by Mercenary Raven

And yet you post none of this "evidence."

I think the fact that not a word of it has left the lips of Nintendo since its release in Japan is reason enough. It got a small article in Nintendo Magazine, and that was literally it. It's a sequel to a game currently out in the US, yet still it has not been hinted that it will be localized.

Excluding Path of Radiance, all US released Fire Emblems are at least a year apart (almost two years), while all Japanese released games, again, excluding Path of Radiance, are at least two years apart. Between these times, we get: news, artwork, something, anything. We have gotten nothing.

It's silly, in my opinion, to continue to think it'll come over here. I hope I'm wrong for two reasons, though:

*You, and others, get the satisfaction of being right

*The shock makes me happier than I would have been, obviously, because it was an unexpected gift (which tend to make people happier than a planned gift, know what I mean?)

Edited by Phoenix Wright

I agree that we need to let Nintendo know how much we want it, though to be honest, it would be an incredibly stupid move for them NOT to release it internationally considering the 3DS' horrible start to its life. They should really bring over as many games as possible.

The thing that made FE12 not release stateside was that we didn't care.

Of course that was it. It wasn't the fact people pirated the Japanese version immediatly, and the huge push by fans to put forth a translation patch at all.

Of course that was it. It wasn't the fact people pirated the Japanese version immediatly, and the huge push by fans to put forth a translation patch at all.

If piracy was the issue, there wouldn't be any DS games brought over in America. It was purely a business decision, and probably the timing as well.