The new art style

H-Bastaki

i know its amazing cuz its a new fire emblem game, and the graphics looks so cool!!!

i cant believe what they did with the characters! but some of the characters look amazing!

they are so un-fire emblem like, well not all of them, they look like final fantasy chars., somehow :P

but still cant wait to play it!

Edited by H-Bastaki
???

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Changed the title 'cause it was kind of generic ^^

I think the new art style is a bit weird, but probably mainly because it's different to what I'm used to. Kind of related, I do like how they apparently have different expressions(?) for every character. Combined with the dynamic 3D models, the cutscenes should be less cardboard-y like in previous games.

I don't mind it. But the ridiculous armor is, I dunno, like on Frederick it looks really cool but it kind of makes it seem less FE like. Also, WHERES THE BRIGHTLY COLORED HAIR??? So far we have dark blackish brown, brown, and blond. Laaame.

I just hope battle sprites have individual colors.

I like the new style. It looks good, and it works. I wasn't part of the fandom then, but geez. Did you guys complain this much when PoR was announced? We have halfbodies again, they look great, stop complaining.

Changed the title 'cause it was kind of generic ^^

I think the new art style is a bit weird, but probably mainly because it's different to what I'm used to. Kind of related, I do like how they apparently have different expressions(?) for every character. Combined with the dynamic 3D models, the cutscenes should be less cardboard-y like in previous games.

yeah thanks for that, but seriously they dont look like fire emblem chars. ;(

Yes, IS put all of the effort into making these sprites and models for the sake of angering you.

I KNEW IT!

That aside, yeah, the designs are screaming Noruma or Obata, compared to the (somewhat?) realistic and practical outfits from previous entries. I mean, one game we have a female character or two sporting a bandana or headband. This game, we have someone with a hat made out of buttons and a napkin. Not sure if want...

they look like final fantasy chars.

I'm really not seeing it.

Anyhow, I didn't like the art at first glance, but I got over it pretty fast. For some reason, I can't help but feel I've seen this art style somewhere else, but I can't remember where.

I like the new style. It looks good, and it works. I wasn't part of the fandom then, but geez. Did you guys complain this much when PoR was announced? We have halfbodies again, they look great, stop complaining.

I do remember lots of complaints when that game was announced. We had people distressed at the sub-N64 quality graphics, catgirls and (I think) not being on the GBA anymore.

I just hope battle sprites have individual colors.

They're models now, but it looks like they do from the screenshots/footage. I guess they're going in the direction of FE9/10 again.

Edited by VincentASM

Art style mostly weirds me out, but I wouldn't say its horrible until there's more characters available to view.

Either way its tolerable, just a departure from what most FE fans are probably used to.

They're models now, but it looks like they do from the screenshots/footage. I guess they're going in the direction of FE9/10 again.

Yeah, I didn't actually think they were sprites, I just have a bad habit of calling them that no matter what. What worried me was when it showed the main character attacking with an armor knight who looked super generic. I want cool looking armor knights with awesome colored armor. lol.

DS mugshots were fucking amazing.

I would actually be satisfied with my art for once if I could properly emulate the DS shading style.

This isn't Atlus style either since Atlus has realistic face proportions and uses gradient shading occasionally.

Do y'allselves a favor and go back and look at every era in the series and realize no one timeline has a matching look. Every world in the series has had a different anime style to them, and this is just a new one. I think this one just stands out the most cause it's the most vibrant, it stands out the most.

I love the style, actually. Wish character portraits didn't pop out during crits (if you're gonna do this, do it right. Do it like they did in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure arcade fighter), but I like the expressiveness it has. And the fact characters show expressions now. Characters just stand out a bit more because of it.

Vake is a bro, by the way.