Mechanics that you want

Galenforcer

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's the fun in that?

After all, actively disagreeing leads to so much Berwick Saga discussion. It seems now I don't even have to bring up Berwick Saga myself; simply saying things gets other people to do it for me.

As tempting as a chance to relive my days as Emperor sounds, I've been overthrown enough times for one internet.

Edited by Othin

Where's the fun in that?

After all, actively disagreeing leads to so much Berwick Saga discussion. It seems now I don't even have to bring up Berwick Saga myself; simply saying things gets other people to do it for me.

Dude, you shit Berwick all over the board as it is. If anything it needs to be curbed at some point--and more love back to TearRing D: and the chinese mobilephone Fire Emblems everyone forgot about!!

and the chinese mobilephone Fire Emblems everyone forgot about!!

oh god those things were alternately terrible and hilarious, if only for the controls

Edited by Camtech

Dude, you shit Berwick all over the board as it is. If anything it needs to be curbed at some point--and more love back to TearRing D: and the chinese mobilephone Fire Emblems everyone forgot about!!

Sometime this week I should receive the disc I ordered online, to let TRS work on a PS2 so I can play the real thing, so I'll probably have a lot to say about it then, too.

I've played the first couple of chapters on an emulator, but... eh. I just don't enjoy emulators, even with it running at full speed instead of 10% speed like Berwick Saga.

I like anouleths idea of new game+ where all of your units are level 1 and available at the beginning of the game

At least I think it was anouleths idea

I'd love to see that

Edited by Mercenary Raven

I like anouleths idea of new game+ where all of your units are level 1 and available at the beginning of the game

I'd love to see that

How would you handle, say, chapters where their joining is an important plot point? Have them leave your party for that chapter?

You could just SHOW THEM JOINING. The game just wouldn't drop a duplicate into your party. You've already established the story, so there's no loss in meta-actor gameplay.

Are you on an old laptop trying to run the emulator ._. although, you should be able to play the 2D games a little easier, maybe, if you get the emulator running pretty efficiently.

Mine says this

PCStats.jpg

I don't know too much about computers, but it sounds like yours is like mine and probably worse. So for now, I guess that makes the matter of whether or not to play it a moot point.

I'd love to see that

I don't think them starting at LV1 was part of the original idea; I'm not sure whether that would be better or worse.

Anyway, I personally wouldn't care too much about the idea, but as an option, it seems to me it can only improve the game and its replay value, without taking so much work to implement as to detract from the work put into the rest of the game. So I'd be in favor of that.

Human skirmishes that net monetary rewards.

unbreakable weapons with less the strength of iron and low crit.

no forge

Good supports (I liked the ones from FE7-FE8)

online multiplayer similar to FE:SD that allows for support bonuses and those new dual attacks.

map editor

branch promotion.

A chance to continue playing after the end similarly to FE8 with a dungeon of some sort.

Monsters would be fine, but much less than were in FE8. Although, a class that allows the recruiting of monsters would be neat.

A my unit would be nice, but unlikely.

I don't want a forge because it makes wi-fi matches awkward and the game over all to easy if you forge the right item.

Are you on an old laptop trying to run the emulator ._. although, you should be able to play the 2D games a little easier, maybe, if you get the emulator running pretty efficiently.

I haven't tried it yet, but it does fine with GBA and SNES emulators if you meant that by the second sentence.

I don't know too much about computers, but it sounds like yours is like mine and probably worse. So for now, I guess that makes the matter of whether or not to play it a moot point.

That's what I was thinking! :sweatdrop:

unbreakable weapons with less the strength of iron and low crit.

Like infinite use Bronzes? Sounds cool to me!

Ah, I mean, games like TearRing Saga which are still on the PlayStation but are essentially all 2D, with no real 3D elements. You might get better frames as it won't require as much demanding processing. I mean, it's still an emulator, so CPU is pushed a lot, but at least you don't have as much 3D stuff bogging you down in addition to the 2D stuff.

Like infinite use Bronzes? Sounds cool to me!

Yes, maybe a bit weaker, but a post game skirmish mode would be made a lot less frustrating if you had something like that.

I don't think them starting at LV1 was part of the original idea; I'm not sure whether that would be better or worse.

No, I specified level 1. After all, part of the purpose of the mechanic would be to cater to players who want to go through the game and train up whoever they want.

What about units like the Jeigan who joins in the first chapter or soon after in the normal game? Would they go to level 1 unpromoted now? What level would it be assumed the prepromoted units promoted at? For instance, in FE8, a Seth that promoted at level 20 would have 11 HP at level 1. One that promoted at level 10 would have 19.