Gods... I hate myrmidons

Parrhesia

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it's not wrong but it doesn't make the character you do it to any less bland.

Anyone could "insert" a personality into some bland dork with no lines to make him a hilarious badass but it doesn't matter because -get this!- HE'S STILL SOME BLAND DORK WITH NO PERSONALITY! Nobody besides the people who write him can ever change that for real.

So yes, "inserting" personalities can be fun but it doesn't matter because YOU'RE NOT THE PERSON WRITING THE REAL STORY!

Do you understand this Emerald?

Not at all Crash. Not at all.

Not at all Crash. Not at all.

Right then, what I'm saying is that you're free to make up personalities for characters all you want, but it doesn't matter in this context because those personalities aren't actually in the game or the canon, only things that are actually in the canon itself can make a character more interesting (unless you're reveiwing an interpretation of a character in a fanfic or something).

I really don't see how that's hard to understand.

Right then, what I'm saying is that you're free to make up personalities for characters all you want, but it doesn't matter in this context because those personalities aren't actually in the game or the canon, only things that are actually in the canon itself can make a character more interesting (unless you're reveiwing an interpretation of a character in a fanfic or something).

are you saying that its wrong to use our imagenations?

squidward get off the internet and play inside the box with spongebob and patrick

Says the guy who likes to imagine yuri pairings that aren't canon.

Honestly, the fact that the fans of something are allowed to come up with whatever they want is a big part of anything. Why would you want to deny others of this freedom and yet allow only yourself to do the same?

You're misunderstanding it, it's fine to use your imagination, great, wonderful, do it all you want!

What I AM saying is that, when you do, it changes nothing about the character that's actually there. That's the problem, not with Emerald wanting to use his imagination, but by saying the bland characters are less bland because you can. You can make the best personality for them that you can (and that's cool), but it doesn't make them less bland because they still only have their own (lack of) personality in the game.

You're misunderstanding it, it's fine to use your imagination, great, wonderful, do it all you want!

What I AM saying is that, when you do, it changes nothing about the character that's actually there. That's the problem, not with Emerald wanting to use his imagination, but by saying the bland characters are less bland because you can. You can make the best personality for them that you can (and that's cool), but it doesn't make them less bland because they still only have their own (lack of) personality in the game.

It's called Alternate Character Interpretation for a reason, Crash. Some people might not like some of the canon personalities (case in point with FESD, where there is no character personality to grasp whatsoever), or others might pick up different traits from dialogue. I'm not saying every interpretation is a good one. But saying none of that matters just isn't true. Edited by Cybernetic Ghost

It's called Alternate Character Interpretation for a reason, Crash. Some people might not like some of the canon personalities (case in point with FESD, where there is no character personality to grasp whatsoever), or others might pick up different traits from dialogue. I'm not saying every interpretation is a good one. But saying none of that matters just isn't true.

But if you are rating personalities, then their I.S. given personalities are the only thing that matters, not whatever personalities some players imagine them to have. Didn't this start from talking about the existing personalities of the myrms?

i think the issue here might be an conflict between "thats not thier real personalitys" and "lets us make up personalitys". i don't believe that anyone of the latter claimed that thier made up personalitys were canon so i don't see the problem.

So in effect you are just jumping on Crash for fun. He's indicated there is nothing wrong with creating fake personalities, just when talking about the characters that exist and judging the blandness of their personalities, what was programmed is what you get.

So in effect you are just jumping on Crash for fun. He's indicated there is nothing wrong with creating fake personalities, just when talking about the characters that exist and judging the blandness of their personalities, what was programmed is what you get.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/CrashGordon94 after reading his tropes page its just too hard to not do that.

that and i saw the shitstorm he caused in my priscilla or serra topic XD

I understand there's a serious discussion going on right above me, but I feel like changing the topic back to what it was before.

Personally, I don't have a problem with any specific class - besides armor-knights. I very, very rarely use them because my favorite units are who are pretty well-built in every stat. Their speed is trash, and that's an important stat in this game. I mean.. defense; woo? I have plenty of mounted units that get good defense, and if one has a horseslayer, why can't I just use an archer on him or Javelin him? The armors will just go and get themselves doubled unless you abuse the RN to cap their speed. The only armor-knight I have used is.. Amelia, because she actually gets some speed. I also dislike Mamkutes, but I'm not going to get into that.

And I should also say my favorite class is Hero, or Warrior (if they end up as good as my last Lot did)

Edited by Oreo

But if you are rating personalities, then their I.S. given personalities are the only thing that matters, not whatever personalities some players imagine them to have. Didn't this start from talking about the existing personalities of the myrms?

Precisely!

Thank you Narga, at least someone understood what I was trying to say here.