Its too bad there's still no archer lord

thanibomb

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just another sword user, and a blue haired one at that

inb4 the blue vs. black debate begins again.

no one cares about Micaiah

Even fewer people care about Celica it seems.

Oh wait, she could use a sword in addition to using magic.

It would still be nice to see it in canon

Hopefully Liz counts as a lord so we have staff user done

*opens up random.org*

I think we should have a(n) Anima user who gets Bows on promotion and is a(n) Armoured unit.

yes

Where can I find what I'm looking for? And it is a good hack?
I don't remember if Lex can dismount, but if he can, Genealogy of Neir has you covered. If he's already promoted then he has lances as well. Don't know about both in a dismounted state--you could edit it in for him though. Edited by Celice

*opens up random.org*

I think we should have a(n) Anima user who gets Bows on promotion and is a(n) Armoured unit.

I think we should have a(n) Axe user who gets Dark on promotion and is a(n) Wyvern unit.

this is fun

I think we should have a Bard who uses swords and is mounted upon promotion.

I always liked the idea of a Lord inspiring his troops to fight harder instead of doing any fighting on his own, and a Bard Lord would fit that idea pretty well.

Edited by Paper Jam

Hey hey let's bring the topic back to bow lords please! :P

Yes, I know of Holmes, and he's a great example of a bow lord... he's just not in the Fire Emblem saga. I guess it'd be pretty difficult to make the main lord a primary bow user, since they can only attack from two spaces away and the first lord is supposed to be simple to use and all (for the tutorial and such), but like many of you have said already, they could make him or her have a 1-2 range unique bow. Either that or make him/her appear later on in the game like Hector and Eliwood after the basics are explained to the player.

So what you want is a bow using lord, without the defining characteristic of bow users, that is, attacking at 2 range only. I would go so far as to say that you merely want a lord that looks like he is using a bow.

Yup, that about sums it up. I want a Lord that can only use Staves, but can also attack people at a range of 1~2 with them. gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

Yes, I know of Holmes, and he's a great example of a bow lord... he's just not in the Fire Emblem saga.

How do you figure?

There's more to a game series than name and console.

Yes, I know of Holmes, and he's a great example of a bow lord... he's just not in the Fire Emblem saga. I guess it'd be pretty difficult to make the main lord a primary bow user, since they can only attack from two spaces away and the first lord is supposed to be simple to use and all (for the tutorial and such), but like many of you have said already, they could make him or her have a 1-2 range unique bow. Either that or make him/her appear later on in the game like Hector and Eliwood after the basics are explained to the player.

Or bring back Xbows with a range of 1-2. I think that his signature bow should have a higher range, like 2-3 and have something special, like extra effectiveness or being hero type.

Or they could make him actually have good offense. I mean, RD Shinon is good and would be even if you removed Xbows. A lot of bow users are so bad because they are also growth units, and when you attack once a turn and have (one of) the worst offense(s) on the team, it's hard to grow.

^This.

IS should give archers better bases in general, like Jamka's in FE4 but in proportion to the rest of the characters in the game. Archer bases after FE4 that are kinda sorta really terrible. Snipers were okay to good for the most part, but the poor bases in addition to rangelock is what makes archers such a pain to train.