Female Friends= Love Interests

Galenforcer

SOME of us have enough backbone to reject chicks that havent finished their last relationship properly. Sure the one doing her moves is the girl but Zoey should stay clear of her as long as she is still in relationship. As for those cases where you're not sure if they are free or not, Facebook profile does miracles.

But what I'm wondering is what exactly is the problem with her being in a relationship? Is it just some taboo, or do you have a reason for why it's such an assholeish thing to do?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SOME of us have enough backbone to reject chicks that havent finished their last relationship properly. Sure the one doing her moves is the girl but Zoey should stay clear of her as long as she is still in relationship. As for those cases where you're not sure if they are free or not, Facebook profile does miracles.

Maybe he should keep going until he knows that she's actually interested in him and he's not just being dumb and then push for her to break up with her current boyfriend if she wants to be with him

But what I'm wondering is what exactly is the problem with her being in a relationship? Is it just some taboo, or do you have a reason for why it's such an assholeish thing to do?

Its called empathy towards the dude she is with. Some break ups are bad enough without feeling betrayed...

In other words think how you would feel if your girlfriend started randomly meet someone else while you 2 are still together.

Maybe he should keep going until he knows that she's actually interested in him and he's not just being dumb and then push for her to break up with her current boyfriend if she wants to be with him

Theory:

If she wants to be with him, why would she be with someone else? Sure he can see if the girl is actually going for him but if the answer is yes, he must have the backbone to tell her finish other relationships first.

...Wow this is getting ridiculous. Don't know about the rest of you, but when I like someone I actually mean it? hahaha. Mutual love is pretty amazing.

It's pretty sad how the vast majority on this site are content with shallow relationships based around sex. At least none of you would be heartbroken if anyone cheats on you, since you obviously have no qualms about it now.

Its called empathy towards the dude she is with. Some break ups are bad enough without feeling betrayed...

In other words think how you would feel if your girlfriend started randomly meet someone else while you 2 are still together.

Oh sure, the other guy would probably feel bad, but I dunno, if I was in that situation I don't think I'd be justified getting mad at the other guy, or even really at the girl unless she flat out lied to me or something like that.

...Wow this is getting ridiculous. Don't know about the rest of you, but when I like someone I actually mean it? hahaha. Mutual love is pretty amazing.

It's pretty sad how the vast majority on this site are content with shallow relationships based around sex. At least none of you would be heartbroken if anyone cheats on you, since you obviously have no qualms about it now.

**Not sure if this guy is amazing or a troll**

...Wow this is getting ridiculous. Don't know about the rest of you, but when I like someone I actually mean it?

I don't think this is entirely relevent in this situation and I'm not sure who you're referring to. Do you mean the girl, or do you mean Joey?

It's pretty sad how the vast majority on this site are content with shallow relationships based around sex.

But I don't think anybody has seriously said that.

At least none of you would be heartbroken if anyone cheats on you, since you obviously have no qualms about it now.

I think open relationships are gr9, so really the only situation in which I could be cheated on is if I was in a relationship with a girl who didn't want an open relationship and then cheateed on me then. Even afterwards though, the idea really doesn't make me feel mad. I mean, sure I'd probably be upset that the relationship was over, and perhaps I would be upset if people had been dishonest, but I don't think the actual cheating would really affect me that much. Who knows, maybe it's just because I've never experienced it, but hey.

I don't think this is entirely relevent in this situation and I'm not sure who you're referring to. Do you mean the girl, or do you mean Joey?

But I don't think anybody has seriously said that.

It's totally relevant, due to people saying how relationships never last anyway in college~ etc.

and lol. no one needed to

Edited by Death'

Oh sure, the other guy would probably feel bad, but I dunno, if I was in that situation I don't think I'd be justified getting mad at the other guy, or even really at the girl unless she flat out lied to me or something like that.

There is a fine line between being betrayed and whoever the fuck you are in relationship with fairly telling you s/he wants to break up and THEN starting new relationship. These little things matter a lot when breaking up...

Possible scenarios

- The chick is a skank. That about covers that

- The chick is not a skank, she is unhappy with her current relationship. She shouldn't be doing what she's doing if she has the power to end her current relationship so getting mad at Joey about it makes no sense. Nobody said Joey had to skip the step of having her end her current relationship; as far as I can tell they just said he should "go for it" as it is apparently what the two of them want. If the guy isn't an asshole then the chick is being a skank for hitting on Joey (assuming that's what she did...one way to find out is to - duh, talk to her about it, what I perceive to be a natural step in taking her up on her supposed offer) and if he is an asshole then whatevergetoverit.

- The chick didn't even hit on Joey and he's just being an idiot (a possibility he's stopped to consider, even). Then there's what I said above: go along with it anyway and find out by actually conversing with her maybe?

When Joey inevitably comes back with the news that he banged her, it broke the other dude's heart and he was a nice guy after all, then we can complain

and then as revan said everyone will still be alive and healthy pissed or not (barring STD exchange) and then what

It's totally relevant, due to people saying how relationships never last anyway in college~ etc.

and lol. no one needed to

I see. I won't defend the "relationships in college don't last" thing since it doesn't really affect my poin and I have no idea how true it is.

As for the second part, I don't think any of us even implied that (unless you got it from the "relationships in college don't last" thing which I suppose is reasonable), but going beyond that, can you actually say there is anything wrong with a relationship that is all about sex? As long as all participants are fine with it, it's not somehow inferior or wrong for people to do it. While I can certainly see the attraction in a deeper relationship, that doesn't make shallow sex based ones any less acceptable, to me at least.

There is a fine line between being betrayed and whoever the fuck you are in relationship with fairly telling you s/he wants to break up and THEN starting new relationship. These little things matter a lot when breaking up...

But the're the same exact thing. In one case your girlfriend is leaving you because of another guy, and in the other case your girlfriend is leaving you for another guy. The only difference is a small overlap in relationships, which seems a strange thing to fixate on.

- The chick is a skank. That about covers that

Mostly agree with what Obviam said, but gotta comment here, using words like skank in a perjorative sense with regards to their actual meaning somewhat undermines the point I think. There's nothing wrong with a girl who likes to have sex with lost of guys.

This is the assholish part. It highly implies more than just going for it :P

Are you talking about the second part of what he said or what?

Theory:

If she wants to be with him, why would she be with someone else? Sure he can see if the girl is actually going for him but if the answer is yes, he must have the backbone to tell her finish other relationships first.

I just got out of a 7 month relationship 3 months ago thanks to a bunch of friends I've known for a year and a half. I got over it. Did it hurt for a while? Yes. Did I cut ties with my former friends that were involved? Yes, but I got over it and I'm looking at the big picture again. If she does have feelings for me then big fucking deal, at least I have no bonds with her boyfriend.

- The chick didn't even hit on Joey and he's just being an idiot (a possibility he's stopped to consider, even). Then there's what I said above: go along with it anyway and find out by actually conversing with her maybe?

Ya, basically this. Nothing's 100% set in stone and she does seem to show kinda mixed feelings like she didn't return my text(although her phone is pretty old).

Edited by Joey

I am everybody's love interest. Even you.

Even people who are taken and monogamous, or asexual, or aromantic (or any combination of the three)?

What happened to men having honour and zeal? These aren't the ideals of a man.

along with being swift as a coursing river

with all the force of a great typhoon

with all the strength of a raging fire

mysterious as the dark side of the moon

I find it extremely difficult for anyone to find a love relationship that is truly satisfying in the long term.

Too often I am hearing people saying that they wish they had waited a bit longer before making some life changing decisions.

Keeping a relationship going means sacrificing a lot. I just think it might be more satisfying staying single status until you can ensure you have a steady life set before you.

My understanding of love and such things has become skewed of late, and I am having trouble returning any flirtations aimed at me. And not to mention my last GF broke up with me because I wasn't ready to have sex after only 3 months ;/

honestly, I'm good with just having female friends that aren't love interests. In fact, I have two female friends that are two of my best friends, and I go places and do stuff with them constantly. But that doesn't mean I want to be in a romantic relationship with them, and they know it. EH, I think it's important to have at least one best friend of the opposite gender, just to have perspective. And it's usually refreshing to hang out with the person in question.

I just got out of a 7 month relationship 3 months ago thanks to a bunch of friends I've known for a year and a half. I got over it. Did it hurt for a while? Yes. Did I cut ties with my former friends that were involved? Yes, but I got over it and I'm looking at the big picture again. If she does have feelings for me then big fucking deal, at least I have no bonds with her boyfriend.

Ya, basically this. Nothing's 100% set in stone and she does seem to show kinda mixed feelings like she didn't return my text(although her phone is pretty old).

oh boo fucking hoo, now it's totally fine for you to ruin someone else's relationship just because you think you can. How hard is it to just hands off girls with boyfriends? jesus christ. lolol Though now that i think about it, there is a ridiculously high chance that you are seriously misinterpreting things hahah.

Oh dear, already making up excuses for her imperfect behaviour?

oh you witteh kitteh

but if you guys want the truth, i know exactly where it's going. in my expert opinion, she's just doing this to joey to get with his best friend. she's gonna have a mean head game (score one for double entendre) so joey can brag to his friends about it but won't let him hit it up. then she'll use the reputation points she gained from this to get with his best friend.

don't do it joey. it ain't worth it. or just bust in her mouth so you can ask the next guy who kisses her about how he likes how your semen / dick tastes.

Edited by black.ops

oh you witteh kitteh

but if you guys want the truth, i know exactly where it's going. in my expert opinion, she's just doing this to joey to get with his best friend. she's gonna have a mean head game (score one for double entendre) so joey can brag to his friends about it but won't let him hit it up. then she'll use the reputation points she gained from this to get with his best friend.

don't do it joey. it ain't worth it. or just bust in her mouth so you can ask the next guy who kisses her about how if he likes how your semen / dick tastes.

y u so spicy

y u so spicy

because i did a commercial for taco bell (check the youtube video within spoilers in my sig)

but a disclaimer for people without a sense of humor (not aimed at Erk) who might misinterpret my previous post, the moral of my story can be told by a simple quote passed down from fathers to sons about women and controlling your emotions regarding them:

"If she'll sleep with you, she'll sleep with anybody."

a disclaimer for women without a sense of humor: the above quote is not implying that women are promiscuous by nature, but in how a man needs to keep himself in check to win the woman he loves.

Oh dear, already making up excuses for her imperfect behaviour?

oh boo fucking hoo, now it's totally fine for you to ruin someone else's relationship just because you think you can. How hard is it to just hands off girls with boyfriends? jesus christ. lolol Though now that i think about it, there is a ridiculously high chance that you are seriously misinterpreting things hahah.

lol idrc even if I am misinterpreting things and ya I prolly am part of the reason I made this is to start a shitstorm because I am bored and I know this forum is full of white knights. Even if people may think I'm an idiot. So the more you whine, the more you troll yourselves in the process of attempting to troll/make me look like a terrible person(which I know I am anyways for making this post regardless of success or not LOL) :p

lol idrc even if I am misinterpreting things and ya I prolly am part of the reason I made this is to start a shitstorm because I am bored and I know this forum is full of white knights. Even if people may think I'm an idiot. So the more you whine, the more you troll yourselves in the process of attempting to troll/make me look like a terrible person(which I know I am anyways for making this post regardless of success or not LOL) :p

naw dawg, I ain't no wit knit. I'm like a grey knight negus, sure I'd protect a broad if she was getting hit or yelled at by a Rhino TREX, but I ain't tryin to be all up in people's face about it, ya kno wat i mean holmes?