What would you like to have this FE??

LadyEmblem

Maybe some old forgotten mechanics, like exclusive Promotion items for classes, branch classing, limited arenas, support system (not from FE 10 please) or the lover system, dismounting, dancers or bards to come back, manaketes would be cool to see with the current evolution of the series; I won't say skills since they are sure to appear.

Playable Shamans. Multiple. Good.

Level 21 promotion like in RD(and PoR? Haven't played that one in forever so I don't remember).

Some kind of other race. I find Manaketes boring myself, but I'd settle for them.

Branched promotions, maybe third tier, maybe lance/sword/axe knight and armor separation. Wind/Fire/Thunder mage split as well.

Male Peg. Knight.

Lots of chapters, make it the longest FE or something.

Multi-part chapters/maps like that one super long one in PoR and the one with the DB in RD(the one with Fiona).

Lots of characters, but not to where you're getting like 3 of the same type of unit at same time, like in 11.

Also I feel like we have this thread already.

bring it on Wii or make it have good emulator options, otherwise I can't play it either way...

just to name some things I haven't seen before;

different terrain levels, this time with animations.

make rogues and assassins different units (like have 1st tier thieves promote to rogues and 1st tier whispers promote to assassin) and have them use knives.

have chapters with massive green, yellow and purple armies(purple being a second type of enemy, attacks both red and blue teams)

have the option to fast forward enemy, other or ally phase(as in speed toggle)

Maybe some old forgotten mechanics, [...] limited arenas [...] or the lover system, dismounting, dancers or bards to come back [...]

Yes, I want that D: (specially the system of love) :wub:

bring it on Wii or make it have good emulator options, otherwise I can't play it either way...

I doubt that :/: that's why I'm seriously thinking of buying a 3DS.... I'm poor!!!! :sob:

An English release would definitely be most appreciated.

Otherwise I'm happy with anything IS throws at me. Although I guess I would like more new stuff and maybe all the fast gameplay stuff that FE11/12 added like skipping whole enemy turns.

I want base classes with the same weapon to be more unique. The Sword users are generally more skilled and fast, the Lance users being more balanced and the Axe users being powerhouses, they have their place, but I'd like a sword unit that could hit harder, or an axe unit that functions like a Myrmidon/Soldier.

I would like the Third-Tier for the units. With the overworld map gameplay Third-Tier promotions could be make the game be alot more than what would occur just restricting them to the Second-Tier.

(Note: This is just tiny speculation. Frederick, the "Jeigan" or "Oifaye" of this game, gained 11 experience for his kill. This is in early game. If an obligatory starter Paladin/Great Knight gains 11 experience for that small amount of effort then there is that much more of a chance that there is a Third-Tier in this game. That, or there is a different level limit.)

Splitting promotion paths. This doesn't require promotion splits for the Third-Tier, although that would be fun.

At least a small amount of character customisation. Not the depth of My Unit. Just a little choice like with the paladins in FE9.

That's about it.

Edited by ThatRanulfDude

Maybe the MU system too, with some major role in the game (could be at the middle or by the end or as a strategist perhaps but appearing this time).

And absolutely, an English release is most required. Monsters could also be welcome, but I'm not really sure about this one...Secret Shops too!

It'd probably be easier to just point out the things in this thread I don't like, since most of it I like. Definitely more Shaman and in general magic units, more promotions/base classes, just more variety. English Release is, of course, an obvious one, though I want to step it up to international release. Only know one person off the top of my head who lives in Europe who wants it, but others exist, I want to share the love. My Unit would be nice, to try it out at least. Third tier... hard to tell how branching promotions would work with that. Does it branch again? Giving four third tier options from one base class? If so, that'd probably make it easy to implement plenty of options. Male/female for any class really, don't like gender splits (fine if they have different names, but no female first tier light magic users, for instance, or male pegasus knights, etc), splitting/branching paths, multiple lords, new weapon types (maybe outside of the triangles more, but normal beyond that), just... lots of things really.

Another idea: I want the return of secret events to come back. It started relatively strong in the early series, with FE4 having a ton of hidden events and conversations (a number of which fans aren't even familiar, like Cuan speaking with the knights north of the home castle, Chapter 2?). Hidden items (FE3 had a few), conversations, events--things to uncover are always cool.

FE9/10 started to bring it back, as far as items are concerned. Maybe even some of the items being slightly randomized too, so that sometimes you get really lucky in what you find--and you're not always gonna get the same thing.

Edited by Celice

- An online multiplayer system. No, not those fancy character battles. I mean player vs player in a map, fighting with their own units. That's kind of tricky to be done, but would be a good addition imo.

- Second options for promotions, like FE8 had.

- A wide Support system.

- Adding more than one boss to a chapter is good, so why not? Some plot units should also be deployed in the battlefield instead of staying forcefully in the throne.

- Give the Main Lord good growths!

I think that's it.

Another idea: I want the return of secret events to come back. It started relatively strong in the early series, with FE4 having a ton of hidden events and conversations (a number of which fans aren't even familiar, like Cuan speaking with the knights north of the home castle, Chapter 2?).[...]

That! :lol:

Then, I think that we have to do a list with the things we want for this new FE :awesome:

EDIT: Ah!! and send it to Nintendo (even they ignore our requestes :'3)

Edited by LadyEmblem

- An online multiplayer system. No, not those fancy character battles. I mean player vs player in a map, fighting with their own units. That's kind of tricky to be done, but would be a good addition imo.

I think there'd be some heavy rehauling the system would have to undergo for this to work. But it would be really nice, especially if we were actually to make our own characters.

I would love to see some new weapon combinations - staff/sword is pretty cool, even if it's redundant. Sword/magic is nice.

In fact I'd really like a deviation from the usual archetypes. I'm bloody tired of Navarre and Jeigan and whoever else. I just want something new.

Why are you sick of the archetypes Agro?

If you keep having the same archetypes all the "different" games will eventually just basically end up being the same game. Some games (FE5) do better than others with differentiating characters, but it's not good enough.

I dunno, it seems like most of the so-called archetypes don't actually have much in common outside of a few cosmetic similarities. Alec and Noish for example don't have a whole lot in common with Cain and Abel outside of their color schemes, Guy, Joshua and Zihark are all vastly different characters from Navarre, etc.

If you keep having the same archetypes all the "different" games will eventually just basically end up being the same game. Some games (FE5) do better than others with differentiating characters, but it's not good enough.

Strict archetypes like in FE6 can make the game boring, but I'd say FE5 is certainly an example of a game that did enough with making the characters different.

Edited by Othin

Strict archetypes like in FE6 can make the game boring, but I'd say FE5 is certainly an example of a game that did enough with making the characters different.

I actually meant FE5 as an example that did well

I actually meant FE5 as an example that did well

Ah, I see. Then I guess we're in agreement that we just want it to tend more towards the FE5 take on archetypes than the FE6 take on them.