[FE6] Psychotic Yandere Teacher Cecilia's Experimental Draft of Chaotic Evil, er, Fun

zahlman

DISCLAIMER: Nothing in the following should be construed as implying any opinion about any FE6 character. The concept of Psychotic Yandere Teacher Cecilia is something that randomly occurred to me as a way of justifying some interesting special rules. PYTC will take the stage now, and the rest is written in her character. (If you think she's overlooked anything in the rules, please discuss it in the thread and I'll clarify. If you think this draft is a stupid idea, well, nobody's forcing you to take part.)

Helloooo everybody! Take your seats, the class, er, draft is about to begin. Muahahahaha!

This is not an ordinary draft because zahlman here doesn't like being generic. Silly boy, NPCs are supposed to be generic... anyway. Pay attention, there may be a quiz. I will do the rules of play first and then the rules of drafting.

Rules of EMBLEMAN GAEMZ

Common/Free

1. Roy and Cecilia are common-law, er, I mean, common, and free, always. <3

2. Every other female that Roy can support with, hereafter referred to as "whores", are also free, but keep reading. That means Thany, Sue, Lilina (*spit*), Lalum and Sophia.

3. Forced characters are free in the chapters where they are forced.

4. Recruitable characters are free in the chapter in which they are recruited.

General

1. We are playing FE6 on Normal mode, because you all did your homework last week and I was actually mildly impressed.

2. You must get Roy x Cecilia A support. I don't care about anyone else, as long as Roy doesn't support with any whores.

3. Speaking of which, whores must die on the chapter where they first appear. No sympathy! You can let them do what they like during the chapter (except support with Roy), as long as they don't survive it. So don't worry, you can still have Sophia get that Guiding Ring. That's all she's good for, anyway.

4. You must do Lalum's route, so that I can see her suffer. That means Elphin and Bartre are effectively banned. I hope they don't take it personally, I still think they're bros.

5. Yes, Lilina dying means you will not be doing any gaidens and will end the game early. I hear the brown-nosers whining already. Suck it up, kids. Sheesh, it's like you want extra homework or something. That means Karel is effectively banned. That's okay, Fir's a big girl.

Actions for undrafted characters

1. This is pretty simple, kids. Undrafted, unforced, un-recruited-that-chapter units may not be fielded, and thus may not do anything.

2. Everybody else (i.e. everyone who has an excuse to be fielded) can do as they please, except you know obvious cheating like mine glitching or whatever.

Penalties

1. In case you couldn't tell yet, I am strict and will not tolerate any naughtiness in my draft. You ought to know by now I swing a pretty mean ruler. Breaking any rule above = GTFO.

Don't field undrafted units. Don't support Roy with whores, and do kill them off promptly, including Lalum. Get me my lover-boy. Everything else should follow naturally.

Rules of DRAFTAN GAEMZ

1. This is an auction draft. Everybody gets 100G to start.

2. Because this is an auction draft, it is for as many people as want to participate, and there are no restrictions on how many drafted characters you end up with.

3. We are not doing the traditional auction thing, even by IRC, because it takes way too long. Instead, we are going to do rounds of simultaneous bidding.

Each round lasts until midnight, Eastern Standard Time. In each round, you will send zahlman a PM with your bids, up to your current remaining Gold.

EDIT from zahlman, because it apparently wasn't clear: you may, and are kinda expected to, bid on multiple characters in each round, up to your total remaining G. That's what rule 10 is all about.

At midnight, zahlman will check all received bids, award characters to players with the highest bid, and make an update post indicating who's drafted who and how much Gold they still have.

Obviously, zahlman is not participating, because he would have an unfair advantage.

4. You may join late! You will just be treated as if you didn't bid on anyone in previous rounds. Obviously I don't recommend this.

5. You don't have to do anything to tell me you're participating, except start sending me zahlman a bid every day. I have zahlman him to do all the hard book-keeping work, so there's no problem.

6. If there is a tie for a character, then nobody wins the character in that round.

7. After each round, I will pick a character at my discretion to BAN!@!#!#$%~ This mostly makes sure the auction ends eventually, in case you're all thinking of playing a prank on your teacher and arranging ties all the time.

8. In case it wasn't obvious, if you're not the highest bidder for a given unit, your bid amount for that character is returned to you.

9. Only your first submission for a given round will count so get it right.

EDIT from zahlman: Draft rule 9 will be relaxed for the first round only. I will give you one chance each to amend your bid in case you do something seemingly silly. I had a really hard time convincing Cecilia about this...

10. If your bids add up to more than your current remaining G, zahlman will adjust them by removing bids, starting with the last one listed, until you're in the clear.

11. The fun part~~~ <3 You may negotiate and discuss with each other about who you're going to pick, and practice your diplomacy. Diplomacy is an important skill for tacticians, after all. However, you are not bound to anything you say to each other and may certainly also backstab by doing something else muahahaha~~~! And I don't want to hear any complaints because YOU WERE WARNED

12. The first round begins NOW gogogogogogo!

Available characters for Round 1 (everyone minus Roy, Cecilia, the whores, and effectively-banned characters):

Marcus...Allen....Lance....Wolt
Bors.....Merlinus.Ellen....Dieck
Wade.....Lott.....Chad.....Lugh
Clarine..Rutger...Saul.....Dorothy
Zealot...Treck....Noah.....Astohl
Wendy....Barth....Oujay....Fir
Geese....Klein....Tate.....Echidna
Ray......Cath.....Miredy...Igrene
Fa.......Hugh.....Zeis.....Niime
Dayan....Juno.....Douglas

EDIT just to be nice and formal: As usual, we are playing for low turn count (assuming you want to be competitive about this, as opposed to having Evil Fun times). Nothing else matters for your score, although see the reply down-thread about extra credit for humiliating whore deaths. There are no restrictions on shopping, except the implicit restriction of available gold.)

Edited by zahlman

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because this is an auction draft, it is for as many people as want to participate

The more people, the fewer average characters everyone ends up with. More fun!

I did forget to say, technically, that the draft ends when every available character has either been drafted or banned. At that point, you can still "join late", just that you'll only be able to use forced and recruited-that-chapter characters, plus Cecilia.

It's not like normal mode is impossible with only forced characters, it'll just take longer. Actually, I might "late-enter" myself just for lulz

Edited by zahlman

This is the best thread ever.

(Not signing up, but I approve wholeheartedly)

Cecilia says thank you, but brown-nosing won't get you anywhere. I'm just hoping she doesn't beat anyone up this goes as smoothly as anticipated. I like to think I'm pretty good at the whole "making good (complete, formal, still fun to work with) rules" thing.

Edit: quite right Eclipse, for some reason I was imagining that someone other than Sue could recruit Shin (actually I guess I completely didn't consider the issue). I'll go check for other effectively banned characters and edit accordingly

Ok, so that rules out Shin, Gonzales, Percival, Garret, and Douglas (I think? since you won't get the gaiden... anybody know if he shows up in ch 17 instead if you miss 16x?). Echidna is not banned; you can recruit her with Lalum before you kill Lalum. Dayan can apparently be recruited with Roy, although it would be kinda weird to pick that route without Sue/Shin, but whatever.

Edited by zahlman

I would definitely be interested in this.

Damn, if only I had seen this a few minutes earlier...

EDIT: Do we get extra credit for creative or humiliating deaths?

Edited by Dr. Will

I would definitely be interested in this.

Damn, if only I had seen this a few minutes earlier...

What are you talking about, there are still about 23 hours remaining for the first round, and you can join late anyway.

EDIT: Draft rule 9 will be relaxed for the first round only. I will give you one chance each to amend your bid in case you do something seemingly silly

EDIT: Do we get extra credit for creative or humiliating deaths?

Cecilia thinks this is an excellent idea, and will give you an honourable mention - but no turn bonuses. Unless you can make a plausible argument that the death required spending extra turns to set up, then you will get credit for those extra turns.

Honourable mention also goes to Eclipse for being the first person to submit an (already-amended!) bid, forgoing almost a whole day of negotation/thinking time. Cecilia likes it when people are impulsive especially teenage boys with names starting with R P.S. Feel free to lie to others about how you bid, obviously :)

Edited by zahlman

either juno/dayan is unrecruitable, since you can get none of the nomads or PKs before Sacae/Illia routesplit

Juno can be recruited with Zealot, and Dayan can be recruited with Roy. Besides, you can get Tate with Klein without Thany's involvement.

At least, that's what the SF character recruitment page says.

Technically, only 8x, 14x and 20x Sacae cannot be visited. Do the others count towards turn count?

D'oh, of course.

Apparently you can't decline gaidens in FE6 either. So um um um... what's the most Evil Fun way here... OK, you can do whatever gaidens you want (besides the ones you can't, obv), but they do count towards turn count. It's up to you to disqualify yourself for them if you don't want to spend turns for them.

So for example if you think you can get 12 and 12x both done inside 20 turns, then go for it. If you can't, then maybe you want to just farm Exp somewhere in 12 up to turn 21. But OTOH, there's a lot of treasure in 12x, maybe it's worth it...

Douglas is thus available for drafting, but that means you'll have to spend turns in 16x :D You are going to need some !!long term!! planning to make this work out as well as possible for yourself :) (Hint: maybe you'll want to suicide some more characters...)

So I can bid as much as I like on as many units as I like in a round?

Up to a total of your remaining Gold, yes. (So up to a total of 100 in round 1.)

Also, I have no idea how the transition from Hard to Normal would affect viability.

Cecilia is more than willing to repeat the exercise on Hard after this finishes, if there is interest.

Edited by zahlman

OK, you can do whatever gaidens you want (besides the ones you can't, obv), but they do count towards turn count. It's up to you to disqualify yourself for them if you don't want to spend turns for them.

This is intriguing.

Wtf is that shit

/\

An alternative way to ask to join this draft.

Yep, Eclipse got it.

5. You don't have to do anything to tell me you're participating, except start sending zahlman a bid every day. I have him to do all the hard book-keeping work, so there's no problem.

(Oops! Edited to stay in character!)

Cecilia says: come on, everyone, send zahlman your bids and we'll see what characters end up in your treat bags tonight. You don't want me pulling a trick instead, ri~ght? :3

She wasn't very happy about that. Running things here is part of my punishment.

(Seriously, though, see the disclaimer. To be totally honest, it's mostly there because I knew you'd see this eventually. That argument may have put the character of Cecilia at the forefront of my mind, but that's about it, really. I had the basic idea for the draft first and then came up with this characterization as a way of justifying some things, and creating some additional interesting challenges.

----

2 hours left for round 1 as I post this update. gogogogogo zzzzzzzzzz

Edited by zahlman

RLz9d.jpg

Picks received were as follows (please excuse the programmer formatting - yes, I wrote a Python script to make sure I didn't mess up the auctioning. BTW this is kind of a pain to do for FE6 because I had to normalize everyone's spellings of the character names to the ones in the SF character list. Also, holy crap there are a lot of characters in this game):

round_1 = {

'Eclipse': {

'Marcus': 10,

'Allen': 10,

'Lance': 15,

'Wolt': 5,

'Dieck': 10,

'Chad': 10,

'Clarine': 10,

'Rutger': 5,

'Geese': 10,

'Miredy': 15

},

'Naglfar': {

'Allen': 21,

'Lance': 21,

'Rutger': 21,

'Miredy': 21,

'Marcus': 11,

'Saul': 3,

'Echidna': 2

},

'Dr. Will': {

'Miredy': 35,

'Lugh': 15,

'Lance': 10,

'Lott': 10,

'Astohl': 10,

'Igrene': 10,

'Fa': 10

},

'Second Pronoun': {

'Lance': 70,

'Clarine': 1,

'Wolt': 1,

'Bors': 1,

'Barth': 1,

'Wendy': 1,

'Lott': 1,

'Dieck': 1,

'Ellen': 1,

'Lugh': 1,

'Chad': 1,

'Rutger': 1,

'Dorothy': 1,

'Noah': 1,

'Treck': 1,

'Zealot': 1,

'Fir': 1,

'Oujay': 1,

'Geese': 1,

'Klein': 1,

'Ray': 1,

'Miredy': 1,

# 'Percival': 1 <-- you can't has Percival because you have to get and then kill off Lalum

'Igrene': 1,

'Fa': 1,

'Hugh': 1,

'Zeis': 1,

'Niime': 1,

'Juno': 1

}

}

This results in:

Dr. Will: Lott, Lugh, Astohl, Miredy, Igrene, Fa, 10G remaining (I like it.)

Naglfar: Marcus, Allen, Rutger, Saul, Echidna, 42G remaining (Oh, you got a healer this time, I see...)

Second Pronoun: Lance, Bors, Ellen, Dorothy, Zealot, Treck, Noah, Wendy, Barth, Oujay, Fir, Klein, (Ray), Hugh, (Zeis), Niime, Juno, 14G remaining (An interesting strategy. Cecilia is idly wondering whether you really think Lance >>> Allen, or if you figured you'd only be able to get one and flipped a coin)

Eclipse: Wolt, Dieck, Chad, Clarine, Geese, 55G remaining (Was probably too optimistic about winning good characters for cheap. Dieck+Chad+Clarine should be pretty solid though IMO)

Cecilia looks over the short list of remaining characters, and banninates... Tate!

(P.S. If anyone would like to do a bit of ROM hacking to produce a video of Cecilia pwning Tate with Aircalibur to insert here, you would officially be awesome for doing so.)

ROUND 2 BEGINS, bidding on the remaining characters:

Merlinus, Wade, Cath, Dayan, Douglas. Enjoy them, Eclipse. Unless of course there are late entries

The biggest surprise for me is that Fir went for 1G. Honestly, I expected more than one of you to think "damn, Rutger's gonna be stupidly overpriced, and a swordmaster would be really nice to have".

Second Pronoun drafted (if I'm thinking straight) a couple characters that won't be recruitable, due to not having drafted their recruiters who are also not free for those chapters. >:D Keep in mind that you aren't obligated to recruit who you draft, nor are you obligated to keep anyone alive except Roy. Due to an oversight that will definitely not be allowed next time and means that zahlman is getting extra detention, you can even let Cecilia die after you get the A support.

Edited by zahlman