Finding Feebas

MacLovin

22 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever ragequit when looking for it

• Yes, and I don't regret it
    • Yes, and I broke my console
    • No, I'm patient
    • I got lucky on 1st try, and found it
    • [Censored] fish is to [censored] hard to find.
    • You HACKED to get it.

How about trying to find it with a good rod-then discovering several week later, that it was above the waterfall.....................

And don't get me started on making pokeblock.....

How about trying to find it with a good rod-then discovering several week later, that it was above the waterfall.....................

And don't get me started on making pokeblock.....

Well, one wouldn't spend weeks searching the same place.

Feebas is only programmed to appear in 6 specific water tiles after all. And they're actually quite common in those 6 tiles.

So if you don't find it after like 10 attempts in one tile, search in another tile. It's not that hard... well, if you do know about the only in 6 tiles thing.

You think trying to find Feebas is hard in RSE? Try finding it in Platinum. In D/P/Pt, Feebas is only found in 4 random tiles in the lake portion of Mt. Coronet. And just to kick the player in the balls, the tiles re-randomize EVERY DAY. Like trying to find a needle in a haystack? More like trying to find the clover containing Who-Ville in a 100 mile wide field of clover.

Edited by darkandroid125

Now try that with an old rod.

A friend of mine did that in RSE.

I know someone who's gotten a legit shiny feebas in RSE, with an old rod, on the first try.

(Lucky SOB)

Except in RSE Feebas is common in general. Even the Old Rod can commonly fish up Feebas as long as it is in the tiles that they appear.

Seriously, Feebas in RSE is much easier to get than one is first let to believe.

Yeah, but imagine the pain of looking for it, then restarting the whole river only to find that it was on the first tile....

But wouldn't you have searched in that tile the first time around then? Feebas is a common find after all. Search no more than 10 times, or even 5, and it's not that hard. It's only slightly tedious to search for those tiles, but once you know...

While i have gotten a miloctic hacked, I have also bred and captured many feebas (I had a box full of them iirc). It was easy to do it honestly. The places isn't that big in platinum and its very easwy to catch them.

Edited by SlayerX

I caught a male by luck, thought I fucked up the pokeblocks to max its beauty, found a female by more luck, messed up on its pokeblocks too, then just bred and bred until I got one that liked blue ones.

Then a day or two later I found out you had to level them once after they maxed beauty, so I had two Milotics and never even bothered with the ones I bred.

• 3 weeks later...

I never knew about the tiles thingy, but I got lucky and found a Feebas anyway. But I was never able to evolve it into Milotic...

What berries did you use for the Pokeblocks?

Edited by Kay

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Recently went feebas-fishing in my ruby version. Took checking every tile from the bottom of the waterfall down half the river, but I caught a male and a female and am presently trying to breed one with a rash/quiet/mild/modest nature so I can turn it into a milotic. First playthrough I tried for a feebas I eventually quit, though. This isn't the first file I was patient enough to catch a few, however. Never did manage to get one in Pearl or Diamond.

The thing pleauging me now regarding the fish is trying to get a pamtre berry. I know you tell the Berry Master's wife the phrase "Challenge Contest" but I can't find "contest" in my vocab anywhere. Maybe it's because I haven't entered any contests in that file yet. I'm going to try that out sometime.

Got one from the Quiet Cave route in my pokewalker for my HG, too. Luckily in HG and SS it doesn't matter what nature it has to raise the beauty stat. Just get it massaged by Daisy a few times.