what do you guys promote the villagers into?

That's the generic path I always take. Gray always seemed pretty dependable to get up and close and kill shiz. Robin always seemed frail as shiz. Cliff... I always liked him as mage :[

(Atlas also is a villager--I usually remember him going to a Social Knight)

Robin to whatever...he sucks anyway. Usually a mage due to a lack of mages in Alm's path.

Grey to Merc.

Cliff to Cav. His growths can compensate for everything but Movement.

Atlas...I've always killed him...probably Merc cause it's a ridiculously good class.

Grey to merc, he could use the speed. Besides, I need a boltsword caddy.

Robin to archer, he has the speed. Still prefer Python and Leo, though.

Cliff to mage, you just need a mage.

That also seems like what I did. I remember making Robin a social knight, though. I've also once made Cliff a mercenary and I was also quite pleased with the result. For the next playthrough I will just promote each of them randomly and see how they turn out :)

But Cliff to mage , Gray to mercenary and Robin to archer seems like a good idea.

PS: It's Celica, not Cecila

Gray: Mercenary, just because I wanted one

Cliff: The best Villager to be a Mage and Alm's team needs one

Robin: Archer because he's not that great but having range helps

Atlas: Social Knight because Celica's team needs one

I always promote Villages into Cities when I have the chance to run down supply piles, but sometimes I prefer Fishing Villages or Mining Villages instead.

I want a FE where everything promotes. Everything. Rescue a village and promote it into a Town. Promote items into better items. Promote the current Mission into the current Campaign. Promote Skirmish maps into outright Battles. Promote the Speed stat. Promote the Rescue command into Mega Rescue. Promote Support into Lifelong Friendship or Equivalent Association, allowing support ranks to reach A+, then promote again to reset at C-Prime.

Also every unit should be allowed to promote an infinite number of times. When they reach the top tier of their class they just promote into the bottom tier of the next class.

• 2 weeks later...