WHY DOES P3 have no balance.

MacLovin

Warning:N00B rant

I was just thinking about the games balance.

And I realized that RD has some of the most lopsided issues with character balance that I have seen in a game.

WTF is with the GMs, every one of them, barring Rhys, Mist, Lyre, Kyza, Lethe, brom, devdan and asstrid all have immidiàte potential to become gods and Orko half a map.(At least Sigrun and Lucia have utility/awesome 3rd tier classes)

And then we have the DB with several decent units, 1 or 2 good ones, some utility bots, and bags of shit hiding in the corner.

Jill,Sothe,Volug,Nolan and Zihark are immediatly good.

Miccaih and Laura have healbot stuff.

Edward,Zihark, Aran, and Tauroneo take effort but turn out decently.

The rest of them suck (Meg) or have availibility issues(Nailah,Muarim,Rafiel.)

Here is a good read for you, Harpoon.

I wish more people would think about the balance in this game before constantly talking about how horrible it is, but I guess I need to do this again. RD's balance, dare I say it, is fairly good when you think of what IS probably wanted to do with balance and variety. The Laguz royals are available only for a small portion of the game, a lot of which is when you need to split your team into 3 anyway, and lack 1-2 range. Sothe starts great but gradually gets worse. Black Knight only really has 1-9 as his shining moment; he's still a powerhouse in 1-E but has bad mobility and he doesn't show up in time on 3-6 to be significant most of the time. Haar is the only one the list who really is broken, but I never said the balance was perfect.

Other than that, the game still has a decent variety of good characters, average characters, and bad characters, and in general they can be good by the end if you put the right effort into them. Who wants to have the same experience every time? A perfectly balanced FE game would have no replay value.

I, too, think balance in FE10 is fairly good compared to the rest of the FE games. No one unit trivializes the entire game for obvious reasons. Part 4 requires a large amount of good units; relying only on royals plus Haar yields generally suboptimal clears (see my 0% videos). The only outstanding negative is the existence of extremely bad units, which I think could be improved, but compared to most other FE games where 1 unit is leagues better than the rest or where one strategy can skip half of the game, FE10 isn't that bad.

I agree FE10 is actually very balanced by FE standards. TBH, each of the characters I listed, and some others have, only dominate a few chapters of the game. That was the point of what I was saying. Not that the entire game is poorly balanced, but that, for instance, Haar in 2-E, 3-4, Nailah in part 1, when she's there, and the royals in part 4, make some maps that could very well be really difficult, jokes. This happens in every FE game, at least to some degree, and that's one part of the game series I don't think is balanced. If even for a short amount of time, one or a handful of characters being head and shoulders better than every one else is really unbalanced. However, as a couple of people have said, almost every character is usable, which is a huge jump up from characters like Wendy, and you don't have singular units dominating everything, like Sigurd, whatever Gen 2 Holsety user you choose, Seth, and whoever else. Those are big steps forward on the balance front. I didn't mean it to sound like I hated FE10, or FE10's balance, just that there are some points that were much worse than the rest of the game.

Edited by Black★Rock Shooter

Warning:N00B rant

Pretty much. I don't want to go into detail, but...you're over-blowing it. Especially where "immidiàte potential to become gods" is concerned.

EDIT: Post above is pretty awesome.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

While FE10 is pretty well balanced, it does it in a weird way. Some characters are extremely good but have poor availability (Black Knight, Nailah to a lesser extent), some are mediocre but have amazing availability (Ilyana comes to mind), and others are balanced in both ways. If you'll check the unpromoted Dawn Brigade units, you'll find that they have some of the best growths in the game (3.75 stat ups per level versus maybe 3.5 or 3.45).

Hell, BEXP and proper planning ameliorates many differences in strength between units, and units often have their own advanatages/disadvantages that are difficult to quantify (although tier lists certainly try).

To give you a good example (which I'm sure you've seen), Meg is considered a terrible unit by most people on SF, but I have solo'd 4-5 on NM using her and probably bet I could solo everything but the boss on the tower dragon chapter by giving Meg a blessed Brave Sword, Adept/Resolve, and watching her dodge like mad, four hit the dragons and basically one-shot them if Luna procs (we're looking at maybe a 75% chance to ORKO a dragon by Luna if all four hits can proc it...w/o Adept; not sure on the exact mechanics of it, though).

FE10 is nice in the fact that you can take a unit like Leonardo/Lyre/Meg and make them a good unit with effort.

P.S. My biggest issue in this game is trying to raise the unpromoted Dawn Brigade units in a HM playthrough with moderate/severe efficiency so that you can use them.

Edited by Kngt_Of_Titania

I see this video toy as quite easy, so I did not notice it becoming easier during Ike's chapters hehehhehee!

Had no trouble bringing any unit I wanted to their final level with near or maxed stats as well lolz

Edited by Goldie

Pretty much. I don't want to go into detail, but...you're over-blowing it. Especially where "immidiàte potential to become gods" is concerned.

EDIT: Post above is pretty awesome.

I got owened, didn't I

But, I'm still learning, and I joined the "funny farm" er forest to get better at FE and to have fun.

It's just that I'm not an expert player like Red Fox or dondon or the people who manage the fe10 tier list.

I got owened, didn't I

But, I'm still learning, and I joined the "funny farm" er forest to get better at FE and to have fun.

It's just that I'm not an expert player like Red Fox or dondon or the people who manage the fe10 tier list.

Don't worry about it, we're all entitled to our opinions, so long as they're backed by fact. Be glad your opinion isn't argued against and belittled by like 15 people over 7 pages. gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

Don't worry about it, we're all entitled to our opinions, so long as they're backed by fact. Be glad your opinion isn't argued against and belittled by like 15 people over 7 pages. gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

I've seen worse than 9 pages while I was lurking around

On the subject of GM vs. DB balance in part 3 I'd just like to add that an imbalance between the two teams at that point is probably there for story purposes to highlight the balance of power in the war. I know that that's not what we're discussing and it's not an original idea but I felt the urge to play devil's advocate. Please don't kill me.

On the subject of GM vs. DB balance in part 3 I'd just like to add that an imbalance between the two teams at that point is probably there for story purposes to highlight the balance of power in the war. I know that that's not what we're discussing and it's not an original idea but I felt the urge to play devil's advocate. Please don't kill me.

That barely even fits. GM is far stronger than the DB, however we know that begnion is a migthy army, that sent the laguz alliance running.

That barely even fits. GM is far stronger than the DB, however we know that begnion is a migthy army, that sent the laguz alliance running.

I was talking about where the Apostle's army and Daein fight directly

you are really sure about that?

there are afew members of the DB that end up better then thier GM counterparts (like Nolan becomes better then Boyd)

Sure there are a few good units in DB, but whatever 2-3 units that are extremly good, can be beaten the sheer number of the good units in GM. I mean, just mentioning Haar, Ike, and titania, the DB starts trembling.

Ya but in part 3 DB you're not fighting as Begnion, you're fighting as Daien, an ally of Begnion. They even state in the script, IIRC, that the Daien troops are weaker than the Begnion troops, and this is even reflected in the levels of Daien units as well (not so much the stats...though looking at the topic there seems to be a small decline). I mean, for the most part in 3-7 you're storming through the battlefield until the BK shows up, at which point you're probably not going to send people against him even with his scratched armor, unless you've been preparing for this moment/are filled with manly bravado/want to see the conversations with Ike again (admittedly, I sent Ike against him every time). So I think the point stands pretty well. My experience has been that the DB is usually at a significantly lower level than the DB, though if I prioritized training fewer units it's possible that I'd see better results for a smaller number and be able to take on Ike and the GMs in 3-13 with tier 3 units, as I know some players have done. I know I've seen the DB succeed in that chapter. But my bias, which I'm willing to see proven wrong, is that it's the less likely outcome, whereas the GM curbstomping the DB in 3-6 and 3-E seems guaranteed.

Edited by BlueMartianKitty