robots

whase

if you could have a robot to do a specific task for you, what would that task be?

and do you think it could actually be made some day in the near future (or does it already exist)?

(please note this is not in FftF, I have a school assignment in this area, searching for some inspiration.)

I want a robot to inject samples for me. (Into an LC system, not in that way). These things have been around for a long time now and are very useful. For starters, I don't have to sit around and manually inject everything, meaning less work for me and also the possibility of injecting round the clock, instead of having just the 8 hours a day I'm at work. For seconds, the injection method is more reproducible than by hand.

Edited by Daigoji Excellen

Excellen's post is much better if you're like me and don't read the first sentence properly the first time.

Robots, huh? Probably facilitate playing a game. Like that ROB thing, except fun, and perhaps not just video games. Like a robot that can play UNO, to avoid getting into anything too complicated. That'd be fun, I guess? Even though it's just a glorified AI.

There really aren't any practical tasks I need a robot to do for me.

A Gynoid servant.

Cooks

Cleans

Sings

Entertains

Has a nice personality

Easy to repair

Atomic powered

And

Wears a maid costume

You forgot the realistic sex organs so you could also fuck it.

Getting money for me.

That's about it. But when I first read the thread title, I thought it was asking in general, not just one. And I thought sex robots was/is going to be pretty interesting, in terms of how people use them.

Gynoids do exist... .................

One that can cook my food and clean my dishes and wash my clothes without moaning every fucking hour of the day.

:tangerine:

I agree with this post. Also, one that can clean my house too and do pretty much anything that has to be done around the house. Screw cleaning up after myself.

:tangerine:

I agree with this post. Also, one that can clean my house too and do pretty much anything that has to be done around the house. Screw cleaning up after myself.

This is proof that we're all lazy.......

I want a really cool humanoid mech that's tens of meters tall and I can ride in it and use it to blow stuff up and and and it'll be like I'm the protagonist of my very own mecha anime!!

inb4 Chobits.

But geez, when someone linked me to a youtube video of one at a convention in Japan or something, it looked like a real woman. I thought it was someone just sitting for a doctor's interview for an experiment or something because of all the wires behind them. Then I read the description.

Geez.

@some of the above responses (y'all know who you are): expected/10

I'd want a dreambot that I could control while I was asleep (see Jade from Homestuck). Then I could get work done even while my puny meatbody was doing regularly scheduled maintenance. I guess that's not really a robot though, since it wouldn't work without my consciousness running it.

I'll settle for a Roomba with the added functionality of cleaning my kitchen. I'm fine with most of the other cleaning in my apartment, but the kitchen is just a nuisance.

(What I'd like even better than a robot is an AI to help keep this laptop in order and help me with things)

Let's see ... robot task, robot task ... not sure why but only destructive things like a killbot come to mind and I'm not even pro-murder. Uhhh ... I guess some kind of cybernetic falcon/hawk that could do little things like search for/steal things, pester the neighbors' purse dogs, remotely hack electronic devices, pretend to be an ordinary bird when it's not being a total menace to society. Oh and a small scale EMP generator because 'menace to society'.

This is proof that we're all lazy.......

who wants to spend time cleaning up after themselves when something else can do it?

Edited by SlayerX

Wait, all we need is an infinite power source, the Honda robot (Whats it's name) will do the rest.

Well... the sun will be there for quite a while... Also, i believ its Asimo.

who wants to spend time cleaning up after themselves when something else can do it?

I'm just gonna be contrary here and say 'Meeee'. I may be pretty lazy most of the time, but I've been in both situations where I've had to do everything myself(I do it or it can't get done), and situations where I haven't(some cleaner-esque relative is around), and I honestly prefer the former. If I had a cleaning robot, or something, I'd be inclined to at least help out with its cleaning routine. The minor exercise doesn't hurt, either.

Edited by Phoenix