one-hit unit deaths

Crimson

Ever had a unit lose all his/her hp to just one enemy attack? Like, when the damage they take is more than their max hp?

Doesn't have to be a critical hit, and multi-strikes don't count

Edited by fairyknight

Miccy-Sue. On Hard Mode.

This happens quite often when I play it because of how much I detest her.

She has a name.

Anyway, FE11 H5, it'll happen all the time luck or otherwise.

More often on the enemy than my own, but once in a while stray deadly criticals and oversights will nip you hard.

Though, on a separate note, I really want IS to add an overkill animation for cases like these. Skyrim has been taunting me with its deadly kill moments--criticals already have some snaz, but a definite animation for these one-kit kills could be pretty interesting and entertaining. Just give animations which appear more fatal than smack-like.

Well, I never really see my units get OHKO'd at full HP without them getting critted, but one of my biggest facepalm moments was when Haar was one-shotted at full HP by a thunder sage crit in 2-E. I also remember Clarine being OHKO'd by Oats's Bolting in C14x WITH FULL M-SHIELD without her Rutger support. Lance was also OHKO'd without his supports, and Alan/Roy were brought down to 1 HP(not actually a OHKO but still.)

Not actually a OHKO, but first time playing 3-E I totally forgot that I gave Beastfoe to Nolan and accidentally put Ranulf in his range. Ranulf survived with one hp. ONE.

Now, I had a reaver Nolan with Beastfoe and Braveaxe+Taksh.

Even Skrimer and Tibarn died several times...

(And he was blessed, like-capping everything in 2nd tier and soloing 3-6.

Along with capping strength at 20/20/8)

Now, I had a reaver Nolan with Beastfoe and Braveaxe+Taksh.

Even Skrimer and Tibarn died several times...

(And he was blessed, like-capping everything in 2nd tier and soloing 3-6.

Along with capping strength at 20/20/8)

Yeah and mine's like 20/6 Warrior with screwed stats so

DB experience's hard enough to come by already, I used up all my bexp on Jill. >|

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Eirika is always OHKOed by Tirado barring even more horribly inefficient gameplay that my casual playstyle, so I generally give her the Angelic Robe so she can take a hit.

I think it's the same on both difficulties, but I could be wrong about this.

Er,, lets seee..

Almost every mage ever, almost every healer ever, everyone facing effective bonus, Amelia, and I'll think of more later.

Eirika is always OHKOed by Tirado barring even more horribly inefficient gameplay that my casual playstyle, so I generally give her the Angelic Robe so she can take a hit.

I think it's the same on both difficulties, but I could be wrong about this.

I hate it when Vigarde crits my units. The guy has way too much critical...

More often on the enemy than my own, but once in a while stray deadly criticals and oversights will nip you hard.

Though, on a separate note, I really want IS to add an overkill animation for cases like these. Skyrim has been taunting me with its deadly kill moments--criticals already have some snaz, but a definite animation for these one-kit kills could be pretty interesting and entertaining. Just give animations which appear more fatal than smack-like.

Pretty sure that in FE9 some of the units, definitely swordmasters, have different critical animations for when they kill then when they just hurt.

Yeah and mine's like 20/6 Warrior with screwed stats so

DB experience's hard enough to come by already, I used up all my bexp on Jill. >|

Fighting overleveled DB's in 3-E....

Fighting an overleveled Jill, and watching her Brave axe+Adept my maxed out Gatrie......

But, the funniest thing I've done is bring base level Brom to 4-p, give him paragon, and he left as a lvl 10 Marshall.