Can Cecile have meteor hit

Izzak

Pairing him with Ayra would make him the father of Skasaha and Lakche. I know changing Sigurd or Dierdre's skills lets Celice get them but I don't think he can inherit sword skills.

It all depends on whether or not Celice can use the sword skills, right? If the Junior Lord class can use sword skills I'm assuming that Celice would be able to use Astra.

Even mounted sword users can use it. However, inheritance is an issue. Only the swordtwins, Leen and Patty can inherit them. The others are stuck, regardless of their class.

They can? I thought in the vanilla game, only-foot units could make use of the sword skills? It was always the hacks that allowed mounts to use the skills and healers

I might be mistaken then, no mounted units naturally have a sword skill but I think I recall giving Tristan Luna early on in the Shin Patch, potentially before I found the Sword Skills patches.

I remember when IET did his pick-my-skills/blood/classes hack on FE4, he had a setup that was meant to give Swordfighter!Arthur Meteor, but it didn't get passed down. So Celice won't be able to inherit it, either, unless you go deeper into the coding. However, Lakche, who went Swordfighter->Masterknight, didn't lose Luna on promotion. I guess if a mounted unit started with it, then they can keep it.

The thing is, it doesn't work that way with inheritance, which is what Celice needs. Unless there's a way that you can chance Celice's skillset without tapping into inheritance, he can't get it.

Not that Celice actually needs it anyway, just have him cut through shit with Sigurd's Silver Sword or Hero Sword.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

The thing is, it doesn't work that way with inheritance, which is what Celice needs. Unless there's a way that you can chance Celice's skillset without tapping into inheritance, he can't get it.

Not that Celice actually needs it anyway, just have him cut through shit with Sigurd's Silver Sword or Hero Sword.

Well, yeah. I know how it works with inheritance. I was replying to Celice and Doku who thought it didn't work at all with mounts.

Even mounted sword users can use it. However, inheritance is an issue. Only the swordtwins, Leen and Patty can inherit them. The others are stuck, regardless of their class.

Well, yeah. I know how it works with inheritance. I was replying to Celice and Doku who thought it didn't work at all with mounts.

Those clever pandas behind FEBinary have a workaround. Sadly, it was nowhere to be found on the uploader.

I've wasted all my playthroughs thinking only Ayra and Briggid could pass on Moonlight ;_;

I would have so gave that shit to Delmud :D

(I wonder why only with swords--I'm pretty sure axes use the same animations as the swords :x And animation is the only real reason why I could see IS trying to disallow it for other classes... though bows and spears have no problem with it in the hacks)

I've wasted all my playthroughs thinking only Ayra and Briggid could pass on Moonlight ;_;

I would have so gave that shit to Delmud :D

(I wonder why only with swords--I'm pretty sure axes use the same animations as the swords :x And animation is the only real reason why I could see IS trying to disallow it for other classes... though bows and spears have no problem with it in the hacks)

The only animation is the sparkles at the beginning of the attack, which shouldn't be at all dependent on the characteristics of the character or their weapons. So I can't see any reason why animations would be a factor. More likely, it's just that the skills, being specifically called "sword" skills, were only supposed to be used with swords, although IS clearly changed their mind about that with FE5.

Edited by Othin

Oh my, my first post is suck, I forgot ayra children are the sword twins

So can cecile have moonlight sword? ( paring dedire with hoyln)?

Edited by Izzak

Oh my, my first post is suck, I forgot ayra children are the sword twins

So can cecile have moonlight sword? ( paring dedire with hoyln)?

Celice, my friend. Celice.

For some retarded reason, they coded it so that only Leen, Patty, Skasaha and Lakche can inherit the sword skills.

That's what I remember, which is why I thought it was restricted to foot-units only. Both the children and parents are both foot-units. The other pairings mix it up. How that's relevant to inheritance in real-world terms is whatevs.

( paring dedire with hoyln)?

I think Deirdre and Sigurd might not pass on skills the same way other characters do (Ethlin and Cuan too). I remember some people playing with their lover status and items and the children (at least Celice) always had strange results. This doesn't mean it's not possible, though. But I'm pretty sure Celice isn't created by what his parents were--some of his data exists irregardless of Sigurd or Deirdre.

I'm not completely sure though, so someone's free to verify :newyears:

Celice's blood is semi fixed. He can inherit other bloods, but he will always have Major Baldo and Minor Narga. (I don't know if major Narga overrides the minor Narga though).

I think Deirdre and Sigurd might not pass on skills the same way other characters do (Ethlin and Cuan too). I remember some people playing with their lover status and items and the children (at least Celice) always had strange results. This doesn't mean it's not possible, though. But I'm pretty sure Celice isn't created by what his parents were--some of his data exists irregardless of Sigurd or Deirdre.

Celice can inherit skills and growths, I accidentally gave him Charge in an early build of the Shin Patch after I put it on Dierdre. I once also set Sigurd's magic growth to 200%, and Celice inherited that too. However, I set his father to Alec (as one does), and he was still stuck with his Holy Blood. He got Alec's items and the fortune teller swore his father was Alec, but still had his blood.