a few questions hero crest users and their Prepromo counterparts.

MacLovin

Well, I know that Raven is really good, Dorcas is meh, Guy eventually has str problems, and Bartre starts slow and turns Average.

And Harken can eventualy replace Raven, from what I hear.

And Geitz appears to beat both fighters.

But is Karel better than Guy?

Guy doesn't really have enough strength growth to be good. Karel's bases are decent, and doesn't cost much, except you have to give up Harken. My advice would be to use Guy for a few chapters, and unless he gets Str-blessed, bench him.

Why would you replace Raven with Harken

Both are great units. So use both.

I'd say Dorcas is pretty good, as is Geitz. Bartre... I'm more than a little skeptical of.

And Karel's okay, sure. Guy depends entirely on those first few levels.

For HHM, go with Harken because Raven is a pain in the ass to train with the shitload of peggies that appear, but for HNM Raven has better opportunities.

I don't mind the fighters, both of them suck imo and I only go with Hector. Besides Geitz is better (HHM bonus).

And the swordies I think they're all the same, I mean Karel's bases for a swordmaster in terms of skill and speed are somehow mediocre, whereas Guy by that level should be near to capping them.

Harken is certainly better in HHM. He beats out Raven by quiet a bit in terms of Luck, Defence and Resistance, better con, and starts with B axes. Given Harken a hand axe and pure water/barrier and he can tank unpremoted magic users and take a minor chuck from promoted. Which the later chapters are full of magic units.

Raven requires work to get him up to par with harken, and even then, he still lacks the Con, def, resistance, and luck. The only thing Raven does better is being around for the earlier chapters when you need someone with strength, accuracy, and speed. I think he is one of the few units who can one round enemies in HHM early on.

I think Guy and Karel are pretty comparable. Guy will turn out better with enough effort and has more availability, but Karel is your fall back if you never trained Guy or he just sucked.

Geitz is certainly better than Dorcas (not even worth promoting), and Geitz can get HHM bonus making him even better than Bartre as average stats.

Premotes are pretty dang epic in this game.

Raven's HP, Strength, Skill and Speed are great in both bases and growths. His durability is great if you're not stupid and don't pit him against lance users too often early on. He continues to improve and really begins to out-do most enemy units in a relatively short space of time.

The guy's strong but can't double much later on in the game on hard modes. His high HP allows him to take a good few hits, at least. If you're thinking about the long-term, I'd probably say Bartre is the better choice for Fighter/Warrior. 40% speed growth is much more reliable, despite the lower base speed. He would definitely be doubling more stuff by mid-late game.

Based on averages, Bartre would have overtaken Dorcas in speed by the time he's level 17. His defense is also slightly better.

Edited by V-Raven

• 4 weeks later...

Heroes with my chances have always turned out to be the best of my units in both Blazing Sword, and Sacred Stones. They're very balanced in offense and defense, and I personally would promote Raven, ONLY IF you're going to train him all the way. Just handing him a hero crest won't make him an awesome unit at any level, but Harken has never turned out as good as my Raven, but he's still better than most units of mine.