Ford:Which one is preferred.

33 members have voted

1. 1. Forde:GK or Pally?

I know Forde is a good units, having high move and all.

, but his strength lags a bit.

Having him as a Pally would give him higher move, and a higher speed cap, but GK would give him Axes and more strength/defense upon promotion.

And from what I've heard, his spped sometimes lags as well as his strength.

Great Knights look cooler.

I disagree with that, big time. They just look bland, as I see it.

Edited by Metal King Slime

Forde is probably better as a Paladin. You're right that he does struggle in Strength, but he does at least have good speed and doubles nearly everything reliably. Using weapons with higher Mt, he's pretty lethal.

Having him as a Pally would give him higher move, and a higher speed cap, but GK would give him Axes and more strength/defense upon promotion.

GK gives the same defense bonus as Paladin (but 1 more HP, as if that is ever likely to make a difference).

It's not like FE8 enemies aren't utterly pathetic or something. If Seth can solo the goddamn game with just Javelins except for the bosses, I don't see how a well-leveled Forde would have issues with higher-ranked and stronger lances. Go for Paladin.

You know I don't understand how the Boots item gives mounted units +2 movement. Cavalry units/flying units should get different items to improve their movement.

But yeah. Give Forde the Boots and he's even better. 10 movement is the fucking shit.

You know I don't understand how the Boots item gives mounted units +2 movement. Cavalry units/flying units should get different items to improve their movement.

But yeah. Give Forde the Boots and he's even better. 10 movement is the fucking shit.

Or maybe just give Seth the Boots and laugh.

And from what I've heard, his spped sometimes lags as well as his strength.

Um. Great Knights actually have better speed. An extra point of promotion gains, and both have the same cap, not to mention that 24 speed will double basically everything anyway.

Great Knights have vastly better stats and look cooler. Paladins have one of the worst animations in the game, but get 8 move. If more of your army is on foot/GKs, then go with that, but don't if a 6 move Forde will just slow you down.

Of course, if you're specifically low-turning it, then go Paladin.

Why would I use Forde whenI have Seth, Franz, and Kyle?

Anyway, on the rare occassion I do use Forde, he goes Paladin.

You know I don't understand how the Boots item gives mounted units +2 movement.

They have spurs on them, you see, and the riders dig into their mounts' sides and encourage them to gallop/flap faster.

Or else the mounts wear them directly. Oh, but there are only two boots for 4 limbs... hmm, front-wheel drive or rear-wheel drive? :awesome:

Also FFS this is FE8, it's Swiftsole, not Boots

Edited by zahlman

Great Knights have vastly better stats and look cooler. Paladins have one of the worst animations in the game, but get 8 move. If more of your army is on foot/GKs, then go with that, but don't if a 6 move Forde will just slow you down.

That's very subjective. I hate the Great Knight animations, and I think the Paladin animations look much better.

In addition, I wouldn't call a measly +1HP/STR/SPD "vastly" better, either.

I hate the Great Knight animations, and I think the Paladin animations look much better.

Same here.

In addiition, I think the Paladin sprite eclipses the Great Knight sprite.

Edited by Metal King Slime

That's very subjective. I hate the Great Knight animations, and I think the Paladin animations look much better.

Agreed. The GK Sword animation looks so horrible. I mean, look at that FRIGGIN SWORD! IT LOOKS LIKE A STICK!

From an animator's perspective, though, Paladin has its fair share of issues as well. Mainly WTF is with that horse @____@

So do a lot of animations, but eh. *cough Fighter what are gravity*

Or how about the Nomad Troopers critical with a sword.

I can see why Paladins weren't able to use axes here.....

They are, but after having done animations, I don't really care about the mediocrity of animations as long as it can make sense-ish (or make so little sense it becomes funny for shits and giggles). Battlespriting is just such a pain in the ass.