Characters You're Sick of Hearing Praise About

Randoman

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigurd, Levin, anyone who can use Holsety except Craple, Nephenee, Raven, Guy, Soren, Volug, Rutger

Yeah, I hate good characters too! I'd much rather use bad characters like Fiona, Meg, Arden, and Marty!

Like General Horace said: it's not that they aren't good, it's just that they might get a little more hype then they're deserved to get. Some people don't understand the weight of how useful a character can be, so that's it.

Edited by Jigglypuff

What beta version? Show me, please.

well there has to be a Beta of anything before there is an offical version...atleast i think there has to be.

while granted i have no beta version in my computer, Soren certainly in FE9 doesn't act like a man, and he had somewhat Huge/baggy which could've hidden womenly features, long hair also isn't a trait that most men have, even in a series like fire emblem.

i'm just wondering if he was planned to be a women at somepoint, if so then i'd take that over all the Ike/Soren Yaoi.

Yeah, I hate good characters too! I'd much rather use bad characters like Fiona, Meg, Arden, and Marty!

I like good characters as long as their personalities aren't lousy. I like Seth, PoR Kieran, FERD Haar (Haar is my favorite Radiance Saga character), Marcus, Kent, Sain, Pent, Harken, Franz, countless others...

I'm allergic to terrible characters being good >.>

I'm allergic to sentences that don't make sense. How can a terrible character be good? Then I guess they aren't a terrible character v_v

Well, if you gonna go by personalities, I won't speak for most since that'll take too long and some are valid personality examples, but Sety came off as a really nice guy, why you hatin' just because he has an OP'd tome, and not even referring to him by name?

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Well, if you gonna go by personalities, I won't speak for most since that'll take too long and some are valid personality examples, but Sety came off as a really nice guy, why you hatin' just because he has an OP'd tome, and not even referring to him by name?

Because General Banzai hates characters with good personalities for some really odd reason.

Like General Horace said: it's not that they aren't good, it's just that they might get a little more hype then they're deserved to get. Some people don't understand the weight of how useful a character can be, so that's it.

How do we measure how much hype these characters deserve to get?

It's not about whether the character deserves the praise, it's whether you're sick of hearing it, and if Banzai is annoyed by people praising any given character, that's his prerogative. I hate hearing praise for, say, Haar, since even though he deserves it, I feel like it's unnecessary: it's already extremely well-established that he's good, there's no need to reiterate it with increasingly unfunny hyperbole about him being a god or the second coming of Jesus or stronger than Chuck Norris or bad jokes about his eyepatch.

Edited by Anouleth

I like good characters as long as their personalities aren't lousy. I like Seth, PoR Kieran, FERD Haar (Haar is my favorite Radiance Saga character), Marcus, Kent, Sain, Pent, Harken, Franz, countless others...

I love Kent and Harken but next time, try not to be hypocritical. This might be why nobody ever takes you seriously.

I love Kent and Harken but next time, try not to be hypocritical. This might be why nobody ever takes you seriously.

Are you implying that Kent and Harken don't have good personalities?

You're kidding me, right? Kent being the serious knight is the only reason that Sain is actually funny rather than a strange, out-of-place goofball. His deadpan reactions to Sain are sometimes even funnier than Sain himself. The Kent/Sain dynamic is the only thing that makes Lyn's Mode the least bit sufferable, and you can't have a dynamic with only one person. Just because Kent is "the serious one" doesn't immediately equate to "badly written".

Harken, meanwhile... I don't even know what you're trying to say about Harken here.

Are you implying that Kent and Harken don't have good personalities?

You're kidding me, right? Kent being the serious knight is the only reason that Sain is actually funny rather than a strange, out-of-place goofball. His deadpan reactions to Sain are sometimes even funnier than Sain himself. The Kent/Sain dynamic is the only thing that makes Lyn's Mode the least bit sufferable, and you can't have a dynamic with only one person. Just because Kent is "the serious one" doesn't immediately equate to "badly written".

I don't really find them funny. It usually comes down to "Sain is OMG WACKY and Kent has a deadpan reaction, or points out that Sain is indeed OMG WACKY".

Edited by Anouleth

I don't really find them funny. It usually comes down to "Sain is OMG WACKY and Kent has a deadpan reaction, or points out that Sain is indeed OMG WACKY".

Cool story bro

Anything I say is good will automatically be responded to with "I don't think that's good", I'm used to it by now

Cool story bro

Anything I say is good will automatically be responded to with "I don't think that's good", I'm used to it by now

Maybe that's because you tend to treat your opinions as objective facts rather than, you know, your opinions. Or rather it seems like you do. That probably wasn't your intention but you should be aware of how you come across to other people.

Edited by Dark Sage