Characters You're Sick of Hearing Praise About

Randoman

Are there any characters that you're sick of (or get annoyed) hearing praise about? It doesn't matter if the praise is justified or not. If you're sick of it and/or the character, that's all that matters.

Sigurd is definitely #1 for me (people complain about characters like Micaiah when you have a tool like him around?). I swear, you could put turd for sale online, say it belongs to Sigurd, and you'd be getting $1000 bids for it.

I'm also sick of hearing praise about other FE4 characters, like Levin and Sety. Though at least it's not as bad as Sigurd.

As for other characters, there's Sedgar (take away his growths and there goes 85%-90% of his fanbase), Cath, Ray (both personality wise), and that's all I can think of.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of people seem to speak quite highly of Lilina.

I'll admit that her Mag is great, but it doesn't make up for her terribad Speed.

Edited by Ballin' Holyn

Are there any characters that you're sick of (or get annoyed) hearing praise about? It doesn't matter if the praise is justified or not. If you're sick of it and/or the character, that's all that matters.

Sigurd is definitely #1 for me (people complain about characters like Micaiah when you have a tool like him around?). I swear, you could put turd for sale online, say it belongs to Sigurd, and you'd be getting $1000 bids for it.

I'm also sick of hearing praise about other FE4 characters, like Levin and Sety. Though at least it's not as bad as Sigurd.

As for other characters, there's Sedgar (take away his growths and there goes 85%-90% of his fanbase), Cath, Ray (both personality wise), and that's all I can think of.

Sigurd was pretty average. most people I know love him because of his stats. Same with Levin and Sety. I'm also pretty sure 85-90% of Sedgar's fanbase agrees with you. Cath has a fanbase? Ray has a substantial fanbase?

I fear an ass raping coming on...but I'm flipping tired aboutmia this mia that mia cute mia strong mia sex

I fear an ass raping coming on...but I'm flipping tired aboutmia this mia that mia cute mia strong mia sex

Ah, and here's the person that demonizes fans of a larger than average fanbase. And one that's sentence makes little grammatical sense. Joy.

Please do not get me wrong. I am merely posting from a cellphone, and the occasional grammatical error is often more troublesome to fix.

And...is the point of this thread not to simply vent about a character's fanbase, or did I misread the title?

Hector: Always felt like he was over-hyped.

Any other generic useless character that once got a lot of praise, like Lilina.

I find most of the hype these days to be justified, though.

Hector: Always felt like he was over-hyped.

I find most of the hype these days to be justified, though.

Snip out that middle line real quick and you have a post that may as well have been made by me.

EDIT: Wait, no, actually, there's one. I hate hearing about how Soren has a personality. That's it.

Edited by Integrity

Cath has a fanbase? Ray has a substantial fanbase?

It's either here or on GameFAQs that they received quite a bit of praise for their personality at least a year ago. But Cath and Ray receiving praise for their closed-minded, childish, self-centered personalities? No. Just no. Yes, they did stand out from the FE6 cast due to their personality. But standing out personality wise is not always a good thing. Clarine fits that description as well, but there's also a fair amount of people that hate her, so I'm okay with that.

And...is the point of this thread not to simply vent about a character's fanbase, or did I misread the title?

It's more of venting about the praise a character receives, not venting about their fanbases. I don't want people insulting each other personally and this thread to turn into a flame war.

Edited by Randoman

But Cath and Ray receiving praise for their closed-minded, childish, self-centered personalities? No. Just no.

I've never really read Ray's dialogue, but Cath fancies herself the setting's equivalent to Robin Hood. That hardly seems "closed-minded, childish, self-centered" to me.

Back on topic... fucking Guy, man. Or as I call him, "yay free Killing Edge". Rutger he ain't.

I've never really read Ray's dialogue, but Cath fancies herself the setting's equivalent to Robin Hood. That hardly seems "closed-minded, childish, self-centered" to me.

The closed-minded and childish part is from her assuming that Roy and the other nobles are all greedy, money grubbing thieves and her taking way too much convincing to snap her out of that mindset. I'm well aware of the Robin Hood part, but she never does anything to help the poor, unlike Chad who gives money to the orphans from the old orphanage he belonged to (it's mentioned in his support conversations).

Already been said, but I haven't seen more than ~2 Cath fans around.

That being said, it doesn't actually bother me if people wants to hype characters, since everyone has a different definition as what constitutes to them as a likable character. As long as they don't try to convince me that their character of choice is a must-use, that is.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Gonzales and Echidna stand out to me as not really being worthy of the praise they get. The former because he's axe-locked in a game where accuracy's actually important, and the latter... just strikes me as unimpressive aside from Skill and Speed.

Edited by Metal King Slime

Mia, Shinon, Seth, and Nino

The prior three, not so much

BUT I AM SICK OF HEARING "NINO THIS, NINO THAT"

The prior three are actually good, and are very powerful-(Exept for fe9 shinon)

And Seth is god.

Nino is not the best Sage existing, and she is not the Loli god.

BUT I AM SICK OF HEARING "NINO THIS, NINO THAT"

The following line for that rhyme is

"Nino beat you down with a baseball bat."

(since you ARE mr. limerick and all.)

Edited by blllllack.mmmmmamba.ops

Snip out that middle line real quick and you have a post that may as well have been made by me.

EDIT: Wait, no, actually, there's one. I hate hearing about how Soren has a personality. That's it.

You're just jealous because he's more snarky than you'll ever be.

I'm not sick of it, but I don't understand the somewhat sarcastic seeming praise of Tormod that Dondon, Anouleth, and maybe others have bandied about. Do they just love shota or something?

Pretty sure Soren has a personality. I can see why you might not like it, but it's there.

You're just jealous because he's more snarky than you'll ever be.

I'm not sick of it, but I don't understand the somewhat sarcastic seeming praise of Tormod that Dondon, Anouleth, and maybe others have bandied about. Do they just love shota or something?

Hmm, well, I quite like using Tormod in FE9, although he's not really "great" (you could generously call him the best magic user). And as a concept, he's quite good. It's nice to see a Nino-type that actually gives a good reason to use him or her. I also like him as a character. Not really anything to do with him being a shota: I think he looks a lot better as a teenager in FE10 than as a kid in FE9, and in general I don't really like the various children that appear in Fire Emblem.

Plus, 55% strength growth on a Sage is pretty badass.

Edited by Anouleth

and the latter... just strikes me as unimpressive aside from Skill and Speed.

B Axe/ C Sword means both types of Killer weapons, and Skill is actually useful since FE6 hitrates are very iffy. One of Echidna's main selling point is her ranks, actually.

Edited by Luminescent Blade