Sacred Stones coming to 3DS ambassador program

Klytus

Joystiq and IGN are both reporting that Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones is going to be part of the free Ambassador Program games for those who bought the 3DS early. They've only announced Japan and Europe release dates, but it's likely the same games will be available in the U.S. since Europe and Japan match.

Hopefully, this will renew interest in the Fire Emblem series, since many 3DS owners will get it for free, and it'll convince Nintendo to speed up Fire Emblem 3DS for U.S. release, and maybe even revisit New Mystery...although that still seems highly unlikely.

Edited by VincentASM
Clarifying title in case of confusion

"renewing interest" is about as intended as renewing interest in Kirby is by including Amazing Mirror. As in--that's not the intent at all.

List of the complete package of games:

F-Zero: Maximum Velocity *

Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi’s Island

Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap *

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones *

Kirby & The Amazing Mirror

Mario Kart: Super Circuit

Mario vs. Donkey Kong *

Metroid Fusion

Wario Land 4 *

WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgames

*denotes the newly-unveiled releases

Edited by Celice

Out of the three GBA FEs out there, they pick that one? Tsk tsk tsk. Disappointing.

It's the one with the most features, I might have suggested 7 for the simplicity of it, but 8 is has more replay value, plus it has playtime after the story ends.

So it's easy, boo hoo. Most people who are new to the series aren't going to want to play a hard game.

Edited by Bryan

It's the one with the most features, I might have suggested 7 for the simplicity of it, but 8 is has more replay value, plus it has playtime after the story ends.

I honestly can't see how FE8 has more replay value than FE7.
So it's easy, boo hoo. Most people who are new to the series aren't going to want to play a hard game.
And that's why tutorials exist, man. Edited by Little Al

I think that FE8 has advantages and disadvantages in comparison to FE7, and I can see why people might prefer one or the other. That being said, is there word of whether any alterations will be made to these games? If nothing else, the pierce glitch should be removed, and it would be nice to see other alterations, but I suppose Nintendo might not bother...

I have to say, while I would simply not be interested in playing FE7 on the 3DS, because of the horrible tutorial and having to beat the game twice to unlock HHM, FE8 would be more appealing since it doesn't force you to go through all that bullshit. Of course, I already own FE8. Best of all worlds would be seeing FE6 localised, but that wouldn't happen...

Edited by Anouleth

Well, if people are complaining about its existence, I would think they don't find it the best thing in the world.

Also, it forces a bunch of movement, which is totally unnecessary if you aren't new to the series.

No, there's a reason why manuals exist. FE7's tutorial is stupid.

Manuals? You can learn everything from FE7's tutorial by looking at the interface for a square minute and pressing every button once :P

Manuals? You can learn everything from FE7's tutorial by looking at the interface for a square minute and pressing every button once :P

What... I like to read the game manuals. >_>

It's easier for the casual crowd. Plus it's not like we have to use the tower and stuff.

Just ST*U and enjoy your great choice of a game. It'll appeal to most fans while also open the gate to beginners as well as work as sufficient FE13 advertisement (what with that having encounters and all)

Guys, at another forum, a lot of people who are Ambassadors, never got to play FE for one reason or the other. These guys are actually pretty excited that an FE game got included at all. So yeah, a lot of people who never really touched the series before, have the option to play it for free. I think its pretty awesome. Also 3DS VC style games have save state features. LOOOOOOOOOOOL so yeah. Hilarity will ensue!

As for me? Fuck yeah FE on my 3DS!