Good characters you just can't convince yourself to use

Elieson

Lex is the biggest one that comes to mind. I like him as a character and as a father, but I missed the Hero Axe on my first run through FE4. This had a very negative influence on my perception of Lex, even in subsequent playthroughs.

A few others who come to mind are Eyrios, Geese, Gonzales, Guy, and most GBA fliers. I also tend to avoid using GBA dancers. EDIT: Actually, I'm not sure if a few of those characters I mentioned are even considered good. I have seen some praise thrown their way every now and then.

Edited by Gustave

I've even convinced myself to use Seth in my FE8 paladins only PT.

When I replay a FE repeatedly, I tend to give myself challenges where I use characters I haven't used before.

oh wait, now that I think of it, I don't think I've ever used FE10!Giffca. Does anyone have a particular challenge where I need to use him?

Practically all Troubadors/Valkyries (except Mist and Nanna because I like them and Ethlin because of how FE4's structured) and Seth, I can avoid using most Jeigans to a large degree but I mention Seth in specific because most players freakin' LOVE him and I can (and will) avoid having him do much of anything at all.

Lethe and Mordecai (plus Kyza, Lyre, and Muarim, but they aren't considered good)

I just don't like Lethe's character and personality. Also lolcatgauge. Mordy...it's kinda hard to explain. I like his character though.

A better question for me would be "Bad characters you just can't convince yourself NOT to use"

Dammit, I was going to post this. :(

I always use Nino, just for the lolz.

To answer the OP, I never use Jegians. EXP Stealers... When I started playing, nobody I knew used them, so I didn't either.

^yes even I dont like Sedgar and Wolf and I don't consider them good. They're really nothing great in higher modes of difficulty and they're a pain in the ass to use.

I also don't like Sain and Flroina because I say so. Hrm... there's also Guy who's honestly annoying and a pain in the butt as well. Ninils(not so much thoug), Tethys, Sylvia, Beowolf, Leaf(although he's badass after promo).

They say that Aran and Ilyana are good, but I just can't use them. They're always sucking in comparison with the other units around them, so I just let them do their Heroic Sacrifices. Also I can't get used to Edward or Jill no matter what... Leonardo is even worse.

I've never used FE9 Titania.