• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Me in Xenoblade 2 right now:
Scrooge.jpg

I think I overdid it a bit on the money farming strategy. I bought the Core Crystal from Torigoth and I still have enough Gold left to hypothetically buy it again. Twice.

Good old Scrooge McDuck.

5 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Good old Scrooge McDuck.

Yup.
Those comics were a large part of my childhood. I get a slight tinge of nostalgia whenever I see pictures of the characters.

---

I made this while I had nothing better to do earlier:

YQFprI7.png

I wonder how many people will get it.

21 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Got lucky again!

Reveal hidden contents

4T7umR1.jpg

Xenoblade 2, if you want me to like you, you're doing a good job.
On another note, I don't know what to do with all the money I made through that little exploit @Armagon told me about. If only real life was like that, too.

Oh, nice! I don't remember Finch being that stellar, though.

Sadly, money isn't that useful at the point your getting to, but I guess it's a nice to collect?

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Oh, nice! I don't remember Finch being that stellar, though.

I'm mostly using him for Merc Group missions at the moment. Him being a Defense type, he doesn't exactly fit in with what I'm currently using too well (only Attack type Blades on Rex and only Healer type Blades on Nia). And Tora can't have anyone but Poppi.
But I'm still glad I got him. It makes me hopeful that I get more, perhaps more useful, Rare Blades in the future, too.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Sadly, money isn't that useful at the point your getting to, but I guess it's a nice to collect?

Well, I could always use it to get more Cylinders for salvaging, if a quest asks me to do so in the future; or to buy more of those items that only last a limited amount of time (bag items, I think they were called). Or if there are more buyable Core Crystals in the future, I could get those pretty easily.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

I'm mostly using him for Merc Group missions at the moment. Him being a Defense type, he doesn't exactly fit in with what I'm currently using too well (only Attack type Blades on Rex and only Healer type Blades on Nia). And Tora can't have anyone but Poppi.
But I'm still glad I got him. It makes me hopeful that I get more, perhaps more useful, Rare Blades in the future, too.

Well, I could always use it to get more Cylinders for salvaging, if a quest asks me to do so in the future; or to buy more of those items that only last a limited amount of time (bag items, I think they were called). Or if there are more buyable Core Crystals in the future, I could get those pretty easily.

Right, but I meant in combat. :P: Also, I wouldn't underestimate the defensive blades, they are much better than they seem.

Pouch items, I think they are? Those are useful for raising affinity with you blades to max them out for sure, so I guess money is useful for that.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Right, but I meant in combat. :P: Also, I wouldn't underestimate the defensive blades, they are much better than they seem.

Oh, I am well aware that they're pretty good! It's just that I have decided to make every character have one specific role (basically, a pretend-job system), so I haven't given them any Blades that don't fit the role I want them to have (which is determined by what Blade they started with, hence Rex as mainly an Attacker and Nia as a Healer).

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Pouch items, I think they are? Those are useful for raising affinity with you blades to max them out for sure, so I guess money is useful for that.

Pouch items! Thank you!
They're called "Taschenitems" in the German version, which translates to "bag items" or "pouch items" in English, so I wasn't sure what they were called in the English version of the game.

33 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

On another note, I don't know what to do with all the money I made through that little exploit @Armagon told me about. If only real life was like that, too.

There's a warehouse you can buy access to located in the salvage deck of Argentum. Inside the warehouse there will be a treasure chest named "Sheba's Piggy Bank. Depositing money into this will unlock the tiers of Sheba's Affinity Chart. 

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

There's a warehouse you can buy access to located in the salvage deck of Argentum. Inside the warehouse there will be a treasure chest named "Sheba's Piggy Bank. Depositing money into this will unlock the tiers of Sheba's Affinity Chart.

Ah, so that's how you advance it! I thought you had to deposit money with the guy from the beginning of the game who sends it to Rex' hometown (I now realize I forgot that existed for a while).
Thanks! I would have left every last coin with the guy only to then wonder why it didn't do anything.

Edited by DragonFlames

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Oh, I am well aware that they're pretty good! It's just that I have decided to make every character have one specific role (basically, a pretend-job system), so I haven't given them any Blades that don't fit the role I want them to have (which is determined by what Blade they started with, hence Rex as mainly an Attacker and Nia as a Healer).

Pouch items! Thank you!
They're called "Taschenitems" in the German version, which translates to "bag items" or "pouch items" in English, so I wasn't sure what they were called in the English version of the game.

That's pretty interesting! I'm not sure if that would work for me, but considering I prefer to play Torna anyways, I suppose It doesn't matter as much.

It's always interesting to learn about different languages, I didn't know that!

Just now, lightcosmo said:

That's pretty interesting! I'm not sure if that would work for me, but considering I prefer to play Torna anyways, I suppose It doesn't matter as much.

I considered giving them different Blades with different types, but then I realized that if Nia switched hers out in battle (which she does frequently, I noticed), she wouldn't have her healing skills anymore, so I decided against it. I also have an easier time keeping track of everything if I know "okay, this guy has this role and this guy has this role". It'll make selecting Blades to give to people easier later down the line, too.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

It's always interesting to learn about different languages

That it is indeed!

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

I considered giving them different Blades with different types, but then I realized that if Nia switched hers out in battle (which she does frequently, I noticed), she wouldn't have her healing skills anymore, so I decided against it. I also have an easier time keeping track of everything if I know "okay, this guy has this role and this guy has this role". It'll make selecting Blades to give to people easier later down the line, too.

That it is indeed!

That makes sense, until you get further into the game, of course. I made it a habit not to rely on computer controlled allies in Xenoblade games, they aren't very... reliable.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

That makes sense, until you get further into the game, of course. I made it a habit not to rely on computer controlled allies in Xenoblade games, they aren't very... reliable.

For now, the AI does pull its weight pretty well and you do have at least a little control over what your allies are doing. If it starts to get really bad, I'll probably just play as Nia (or whoever I'm using as a healer at that point) myself, because if there is one thing I want out of a JRPG if I can get it, it's a reliable way to heal.

Though I doubt the AI will ever get to be Dynasty Warriors levels of awful. At least I hope it doesn't.

10 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Ah, so that's how you advance it! I thought you had to deposit money with the guy from the beginning of the game who sends it to Rex' hometown (I now realize I forgot that existed for a while).
Thanks! I would have left every last coin with the guy only to then wonder why it didn't do anything.

FYI, once you get Boreas, you unlock his Affinity Tiers through the same way except instead of depositing money, you deposit various foods.

Anyways, in regards to your Blade setups, I recommend holding off on summoning until the last two party members join (by the end of Ch.5, you'll have everyone). Not that you won't have enough Blades for them but you did mention how you don't really have any uses for Tank Blades yet and given that Overdrive Protocols are limited, I'd say wait.

10 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I made it a habit not to rely on computer controlled allies in Xenoblade games, they aren't very... reliable.

*Shudders in AI-controlled Melia*

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

FYI, once you get Boreas, you unlock his Affinity Tiers through the same way except instead of depositing money, you deposit various foods.

Anyways, in regards to your Blade setups, I recommend holding off on summoning until the last two party members join (by the end of Ch.5, you'll have everyone). Not that you won't have enough Blades for them but you did mention how you don't really have any uses for Tank Blades yet and given that Overdrive Protocols are limited, I'd say wait.

Got it!
Just out of curiosity: Around how many Overdrive Protocols are there? I have two and the menu shows me a maximum of 99, though I doubt there are actually 99 of the things.

47 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

It arrived :D

Hype levels increasing!

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Just out of curiosity: Around how many Overdrive Protocols are there? I have two and the menu shows me a maximum of 99, though I doubt there are actually 99 of the things.

There are three you can find in chests and the like. In addition, you get one Overdrive Protocol for every Driver Affinity Chart you complete. So that's five more. And then if you buy the Season Pass, you get three more.

Now the thing is, it is possible to get 99 Overdrive Protocols but Overdrive Protocols are like fossil fuels. Technically there can be more once the supply runs out, it just takes a while. To get more Overdrive Protocols beyond the methods I mentioned, you need to have a four-star Common Blade, max out their Affinity Chart, and release it. But four-star Common Blades are pretty hard to come by and their Affinity Charts take a while to fill out so farming Overdrive Protocols isn't viable.

Of course, in the end, it doesn't really matter which Blade goes with which Driver but if you're looking to keep everyone in their respective roles, you might end up using some Overdrive Protocols. But still, you still have plenty of Rare Blades left to unlock so I wouldn't be worrying about this.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

>First Battle
>Crosswind

Seriously? Wow.

Putting a Boss tier theme as a normal battle theme. 

Yeah, at first i thought Crosswind was the regular battle theme.

I mean, i suppose it can be if you use Change BGM.

Sometimes i wish beta Pyra was the final design. I mean, i suppose there's the argument to be had that it would've looked too much like Mythra but still, i like it.

That sword is original btw, i don't recall seeing it in any concept art.

I love Ryza.

I mean not only the character, but also the game.

Collecting stuff and synthesizing is so much fun.

Also the battle system is very fun......just needed some time to get used to it.

For some reasons this gives me CSIII vibes.

Sounds really like a Falcom theme.

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, at first i thought Crosswind was the regular battle theme.

I mean, i suppose it can be if you use Change BGM.

So it's a bait huh? Well played.

Still, meeting a Slime and then this playing was a "wow" moment xD

And i won't change it to make it stay special, so to say

So, is Mr. Dragon our token shota dragon? 

Also, i feel like an idiot, but...

How do i equip bombs & consumables? I created 3 bombs, however the option to equip them (Tools) is blocked?

And will i get the ability later to view a Map of the area/dungeon i am in?

Edited by Shrimperor