The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

Now that I'll soon start with DQV, I just got reminded.

The Your Story movie, which adapted V's plot, got a LatAm Spanish dub that... maybesomewhat surprisingly decided to translate straight from the Japanese script. Instead of translating the localized English script which is what happens the rest of the time. By itself it's something that I like when it happens (as it means we get a more faithful translation and depending on the work, uncut and uncensored! Sometimes...), but for something like DQV... I don't know. I'm so used to English!DQ that if I were to watch that movie, with none of that... it would certainly feel a little weird, hahahaha.

Oh well... not that it matters for now. Since the movie's is Netflix exclusive for the overseas market apparently, so I currently don't have the means to watch it. Still, if I had the chance...

• Replies 180.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Does it remove enhance?

That, I actually don't know. I think it does remove the stat buffs from it, but everything else I'm not sure.

59 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

>be me

>CS3

>finally happy that i almost finished school parts

>mecha battle side quest

And you wanna know the best part?
One particular game mechanic has you do mecha battles pretty much every free day. Doing so will enhance your Academy Rank. And while doing these is luckily optional, you HAVE to do them if you want to even hope to reach the highest Academy Rank. (That sidequest might just be the one that unlocks this, come to think of it.)
This is on TOP of mecha training every month, of course.
fPGqNkZ.jpg
~ us, probably

---

Since I just saw Million Arthur's recruitment scene earlier, one thing I am currently wondering about is if the Switch port of Megadimension Neptunia VII will have Million Arthur, Nitroplus, and God Eater. And if it does have them, I wonder if they'll be included in the base game or if they'll still be DLC.
Now, I wouldn't be mad if the port didn't have them anymore, but it would still be sad, because I like all three of them a great deal.

Edited by DragonFlames

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

fPGqNkZ.jpg

---

Since I just saw Million Arthur's recruitment scene earlier, one thing I am currently wondering about is if the Switch port of Megadimension Neptunia VII will have Million Arthur, Nitroplus, and God Eater. And if it does have them, I wonder if they'll be included in the base game or if they'll still be DLC.
Now, I wouldn't be mad if the port didn't have them anymore, but it would still be sad, because I like all three of them a great deal.

Don't ports that have DLC usually add it in as one?

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Don't ports that have DLC usually add it in as one?

Honestly, I'm not too experienced when it comes to different ports of games and usually, when I do get a port of a game that has all the DLC included with it, what is and isn't DLC tends to go right over my head, unless it's really obvious like strong equipment you really shouldn't have at such an early stage of the game.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Honestly, I'm not too experienced when it comes to different ports of games and usually, when I do get a port of a game that has all the DLC included with it, what is and isn't DLC tends to go right over my head, unless it's really obvious like strong equipment you really shouldn't have at such an early stage of the game.

My guess is that it'll still be there on the port. If anything, they'll add some convenience button. :P:

11 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

My guess is that it'll still be there on the port.

I hope so, too.

My doubt arose from the fact that all three characters are based on properties not under Compile Heart/Idea Factory's ownership and are only there as part of a cross-promotion as far as I've heard. And the Million Arthur DLC is as of now unavailable on the other platforms the game released on (PC and PS4, namely), which means whatever contract IF/CH had with whomever owns the Million Arthur name ran out (which is why I think it's unlikely the character Million Arthur will be in the Switch version). And that got me thinking if it's the same for Nitroplus and God Eater.
Now, they're not necessary to beat the game, far from it, but they were still fun additions and I would miss them if they were gone.

At least we'd still have Nepgya and Umio.

Edited by DragonFlames

18 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I hope so, too.

My doubt arose from the fact that all three characters are based on properties not under Compile Heart/Idea Factory's ownership and are only there as part of a cross-promotion as far as I've heard. And the Million Arthur DLC is as of now unavailable on the other platforms the game released on (PC and PS4, namely), which means whatever contract IF/CH had with whomever owns the Million Arthur name ran out (which is why I think it's unlikely the character Million Arthur will be in the Switch version). And that got me thinking if it's the same for Nitroplus and God Eater.
Now, they're not necessary to beat the game, far from it, but they were still fun additions and I would miss them if they were gone.

At least we'd still have Nepgya and Umio.

Well, if it's like a "Definitive Edition" version of the game, I would assume that it would have all of it there, somehow. That's me being positive, of course.

I never downloaded any of the DLC characters, are any of them worth it? Also, imagining playing as Umio makes me unsure.

52 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

One particular game mechanic has you do mecha battles pretty much every free day. Doing so will enhance your Academy Rank. And while doing these is luckily optional, you HAVE to do them if you want to even hope to reach the highest Academy Rank. (That sidequest might just be the one that unlocks this, come to think of it.)

yeah it's that one. Joooooooooooooooooooooy. Love you, too, Falcom.

53 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Licensing could be a problem

53 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And you wanna know the best part?

Haha i forgot about that too. 

31 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

My guess is that it'll still be there on the port. If anything, they'll add some convenience button. :P:

The wording seemed to imply that the DLC would be seperate. Which would be odd.

21 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

They still have the license for Nitroplus and God Eater but Million Arthur is truly gone. I doubt she'd be avaliable for the Switch version.

This isn't the first time DLC had been removed. iirc Sora was DLC in World of Final Fantasy but he got removed from it later.

More XenoblaDE screenshots have dropped, courtesy of the official Twitter account

EWl32n1VcAAMCIg?format=jpg&name=large

Fellas, do you ever see something so beautiful, you start crying? Because God damn they went all out for Valak Mountain. 

Some more screenshots, because it's all eye candy and i will shill it:

EWl334pUwAApYhh?format=jpg&name=large

Now jump

EWl34EeU8AAIiTO?format=jpg&name=large

EWl32pAU4AIu0tW?format=jpg&name=large

EWl335eVcAAYPVi?format=jpg&name=large

EWl333WU4AAK6Ts?format=jpg&name=large

Monolith Soft out here making fucking caves look pretty.

Stay tuned for tomorow, it seems we'll be getting daily updates (makes sense, we're like a month away from release).

Wearing mask in stores and in Busses is quite the experience.

I don't get why it hasn't been a thing about a month ago...

Though other areas like California already celebrate the exit

Spoiler

of their life.

Also it's funny that of all places China will overthrow Trump (unintendedly).

Edited by Falcom Knight

58 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I never downloaded any of the DLC characters, are any of them worth it? Also, imagining playing as Umio makes me unsure.

They're all pretty great, though as I said, you don't really need to have them to beat the game or any of the colosseum battles. Of the three I mentioned, I liked Million Arthur the most, but my absolute favorite of the DLC characters overall is Nepgya, which is the best joke character in the history of joke characters (sad that she didn't get any additional story scenes, though).
Here's a short rundown of how they are in gameplay:
Nepgya is Nepgear without HDD.
Umio has very useful healing skills.
Million Arthur, Nitroplus, and God Eater are among the best characters to fill up the EXE Drive Gauge with, due to their Rush combo racking up a crapton of hits rather quickly, which allows for faster transformations and more EXE Drive uses (unless you have the flag item that allows for an infinite EXE Drive Gauge). They can all deal a crapton of damage, too, especially Nitroplus.

56 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

yeah it's that one. Joooooooooooooooooooooy. Love you, too, Falcom.

"Any time, Shrimpy!" ~ Falcom, with a giant troll face

46 minutes ago, Armagon said:

They still have the license for Nitroplus and God Eater but Million Arthur is truly gone. I doubt she'd be avaliable for the Switch version.

Same here.
Which is a shame, since she was my favorite out of the three. Oh well.

5z1Vccd.jpg
Never forget.

Is that how many Saberfaces there are?

Edited by DragonFlames

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

yes.

I know that's a joke question, but the answer is real.

blame this guy

340?cb=20130719074911

XD

I had heard about the many characters in the Fate universe that look exactly like Saber from Fate/Stay Night, to the point where it became a meme. But I didn't think there would actually be that many.

Edited by DragonFlames

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

XD

I had heard about the many characters in the Fate universe that look exactly like Saber from Fate/Stay Night, to the point where it became a meme. But I didn't think there would actually be that many.

Spoiler

3f1.jpg

And those ain't even all of them

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

the internet agrees with you haha. The amount of both spicy and non-spicy art leeel

There's some really good stuff in there from what I see. (Haven't looked at anything spicy, though.)
Though I don't know anything about the character beyond the historical person she's based on, so I'll reserve judgement on anything further.

17 hours ago, Armagon said:

Mmm yeah. I don't agree with the motive but i understand it, given that Naughty Dog treats it's employeers like shit.

That said, there's something ironic about how Sony fanboys were praising TLOU 2 as if it were the second coming of Christ only to turn around and hate it because of the leaks.

Reveal hidden contents

MechaGodzilla being constructed by Monarch does make sense. The news in the credits seems to suggest so too. Plus, it does make sense as Monarch does use some classic Toho weaponry: Outpost 54 is armed with Maser Cannons.

Also

I wish they didn't bother with the anime trilogy too.

I didn't mention it before but just like Anime Ghidorah, Anime MechaGodzilla feels like a bastardization of the character. I mean, the idea of a MechaGodzilla made out of nanomachines (they say nanometal but what's the difference) that can fight by morphing (think how Tony Stark with his nanomachine suits fights) is cool but they really botched it, because all we got was a lame city.

Yeah the anime trilogy still makes me angry.

Reveal hidden contents

I do think that'll be the general outline of things as well, though i hadn't thought about Skull Island sinking. That wouldn't be farfetched though. I know Skull Island sinks in Son of Kong and some supplementary material for King Kong 2005 states that the island sank 15 years after the movie. But i also think Godzilla will remain the victor here, which is the opposite of what happened in King Kong vs Godzilla.

Showing how strong Kong has gotten is gonna be very important. My main concern for the movie (apart from being directed by the guy who did the Death Note Netflix movie, though the KotM director being on the writing team eases those worries a bit) is that i don't know how it's going to be a fair fight at all. Godzilla tanks two nukes to the face and fed off one of them. Godzilla also survived a high-altitude drop after Ghidorah picked him up and dropped him from like 20,000 feet (idk how high he flew). I won't count Burning Godzilla since it was clear that was a very situational thing.

I mean, i don't expect the movie to just be about Godzilla fighting King Kong like the 1962 movie but still, it's gonna be important. I think a good first step would be implementing Kong getting powered up by electricity (something that also happens in King Kong vs Godzilla).

If there isn't a scene of Kong shoving a tree into Godzilla's mouth, it's a 0/10.

Yeah, I even read somewhere that working conditions are so bad that some of the people at ND hope that the game doesn't succeed as much as the bosses want so that that might make them think about their working conditions. 

Who is the girl in your avatar?

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Everyone decided to coordinate with girls in their avis now?

Well, here's a mecha to c-c-c-combo break.

I could always go back to a dragon to suit my name, but I decided "Nope. Girl with a creepy/hilarious face it is!"