The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

Just now, DragonFlames said:

They most likely did it because you probably could really, really cheese bosses and even normal battles with her S-Craft at full power if you got the team composition and MQ setup just right.

Yeah, i can imagine, but in every Trails game there was always someone with double guard at 200 CP, and battles weren't that easy XD

Now 200 CP without any additional effect + Enemies getting massive buffs = 1 guard at 200 CP might as well be useless, better use Altina's ''i am invinvible as long as i don'T get a turn or cast super long art'' order lol

• Replies 180.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Now 200 CP without any additional effect + Enemies getting massive buffs = 1 guard at 200 CP might as well be useless, better use Altina's ''i am invinvible as long as i don'T get a turn or cast super long art'' order lol

Can't argue with that. Altina's order was criminally underused in my playthrough.
Now at least the you lose all CP "bonus" in battle won't bother Emma anymore.
I dunno.
I'm grasping at straws here to make something, anything positive out of that nonsense, as you can probably tell. XD

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

I'm grasping at straws here to make something, anything positive out of that nonsense, as you can probably tell. XD

XD

I mean, it's still good, and beautiful to look at, but it's horribly outclassed

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Hopefully they didn't nerf the wolf nuke. Because that is also quite a looker.

Arts are pretty strong. They got buffed even (deal 50% extra break damage)

I am honestly thinking about what to do with Altina and Memusse now hmm

Probably higher Elements Altina (Titania + Sophia + Time arts) and critMusse (Deva + that water MQ)

or Magic Evasion Altina (Deva + Oberon) and Time/Water Musse (2 water slots is ugh, especially with the current systen.)

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Arts are pretty strong. They got buffed even (deal 50% extra break damage)

Nice!

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

I am honestly thing what to do with Altina and Memusse now hmm

Probably higher Elements Altina (Titania + Sophia + Time arts) and critMusse (Deva + that water MQ)

or Magic Evasion Altina (Deva + Oberon) and Time/Water Musse (2 water slots is ugh, especially with the current systen.)

I gave Illya 3.0 her own MQ as a main Quartz with Emma's as a sub.
Meme girl got her own MQ as main and Elliot's as a sub.
This worked out pretty well for me. Musse's water Arts are pretty strong (especially if you give her the Quartz that cuts down water element delay) and she can be a good healer, too, while Altina becomes a nuke with the higher elements.

Maybe this can give you some inspiration. Though I'm far from being an expert on these things.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Illya 3.0

lol hahha

wouldn't she be 2.0 though since she happened before Lys?

Elliot's as a sub.

Canon is meh. I do use it on Rean though in boss battles, but that's it

Musse's water Arts are pretty strong

Thing is, the Water MQs don't give any good water arts (except heals). Atleast so far.

Another idea for Dragon girl is go Sophia + Titania with her, As i can then stack Sophia + Holy Bell for some meme delay arts lol. And then put Heal + Athelas SR on Water Slot.

I gave Illya 3.0 her own MQ as a main Quartz with Emma's as a sub.

If i use Deva on Atlina (her main MQ), i will combine it with Oberon for Magic Evasion and Status immunity. 

But Sophia is like, most op thing in existence 

double revive lol haha.

Edited by Shrimperor

lol hahha

wouldn't she be 2.0 though since she happened before Lys?

Oh right. I forgot she was in CS2 before this.
That might be my brain desperately trying to remove CS2's existence from my memory.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Canon is meh. I do use it on Rean though in boss battles, but that's it

Meh Quartz on Rean, I see how it is. XD

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Thing is, the Water MQs don't give any good water arts (except heals). Atleast so far.

Some of the more advanced ones are fairly strong and have quite a bit of range to them. The beginning ones are pretty bad, though, no arguments there.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

But Sophia is like, most op thing in existence 

double revive lol haha.

I didn't bother with Sophia on my "main" team, because it's Alisa's thing.
Probably a mistake in hindsight, but hey.
Regardless, I won't deny that auto-revival is pretty OP. And utterly hilarious in boss fights where you are supposed to lose.

Meh Quartz on Rean, I see how it is. XD

xD

Nah, it's mostly because i don't have anythin good to put in his sub space, and heals are still pretty good, so i use it against bosses. On non-Bosses i usually have Kaleido there to make it rain Sepith

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I didn't bother with Sophia on my "main" team, because it's Alisa's thing.

I had it on Jusis in CS2

OP stuff.

But what wasn't op in CS2 lmao. Everything was.

xD

Nah, it's mostly because i don't have anythin good to put in his sub space, and heals are still pretty good, so i use it against bosses. On non-Bosses i usually have Kaleido there to make it rain Sepith

I had Rean sub Laura's MQ, because I found it complemented Rean's "I'm the CP guy" setup I went with fairly well.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:
I had it on Jusis in CS2

OP stuff.

I think I used it as a sub for Elliot in CS3. In case the healer dies, better have a way to easily revive him. And what better way than to have that be automatic?
... Turns out I didn't use him at all when that became a possibility. Him and Alisa were practically glorified benchwarmers, while everyone else got to do stuff.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

But what wasn't op in CS2 lmao. Everything was.

While some nerfs are present, I feel like the same is still kinda true in CS3.

I think I used it as a sub for Elliot in CS3. In case the healer dies, better have a way to easily revive him. And what better way than to have that be automatic?

Well, Jusis my buffer back then

Noble_command.Mp3

that and

>using Elliot

>using Alisa

They aren't bad gameplay wise, but characterwise....

493135310973304842.png?v=1

They aren't bad gameplay wise, but characterwise....

493135310973304842.png?v=1

Out of the two, Alisa certainly annoys me more with how shoved in your face she is. And her English voice is obnoxious. Nothing against the actress, she does a fine job, but the voice she uses for Alisa just makes my skin crawl. As far as her actual personality goes, I'll just say this: pretty much every other Tsundere-type character I know is a thousand times more compelling and interesting than she is.
Meanwhile, Elliot just kind of exists. Like that spider that crawls around on your ceiling that you try to ignore but can't, because once you know it's there, you'll think it'll crawl into your mouth at night and so you get rid of it just on the off chance that it might do that.
To put it differently, Ignatz from Three Houses is on my shitlist for a reason and that reason is his similarity to Elliot.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Well, Jusis my buffer back then

Noble_command.Mp3

Noble Command is definitely one of the best buffs. Whenever using Jusis was a possibility, I'd spam the hell out of it. Same in CS1 and 2.

23 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Out of the two, Alisa certainly annoys me more with how shoved in your face she is. And her English voice is obnoxious. Nothing against the actress, she does a fine job, but the voice she uses for Alisa just makes my skin crawl. As far as her actual personality goes, I'll just say this: pretty much every other Tsundere-type character I know is a thousand times more compelling and interesting than she is.

To explain my problem with Alisa: she reaches her peak at ch3 CS1, and then it's a nosedive from there. Everything i like about her is forgotten, while they keep only showing her as romance target #1.

One of things i really hate in fiction (any media) is main romance interest being disconnected from the Story. Kinda like Ran in detective conan. I hate romances like that, and Alisa isn't heavily connected to Rean's part of the story, and instead of pushing her stronger qualities, they keep pushing here tsundereness, even if she is more dere from CS2 on.

And Elliot is MUSICCCCC

Edited by Shrimperor

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The first Endless Frontier had a few pieces of... different exclusive armor and accessories (again, no visuals for any of it) for KOS-MOS. There was a Car Ear Unit "for all those freaks out there" it said in its description. There was Secret Teddie- described as quality lingerie, and "Technophile", described as a skimpy swimsuit

I don't recall ever hearing about either of these but if the Cat Ear Unit has a description that says "for all those freaks out there", it could very well be a reference to the Japan-only Xenosaga spin-off that is Xenosaga Freaks.

Xenosaga Freaks contained some kind of puzzle game, an encyopledia for Episode I terms, a playable demo for Episode II and a story called XenoComi, which was pretty much a light-hearded Xenosaga VN.  This isn't canon btw, the only Xenosaga spin-off that is canon is Pied Piper but not only is it impossible to play now but you can read up on it's events in Episode III anyway. 

Freaks doesn't have a fan+translation but some of the chapters for XenoComi have been translated.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Scene that precedes this moment is classic. Need optional minigame based on said scene in next Xeno, and keep them v-balls lively.

Ngl, a minigame based on that classic scene would be pretty neat. Xenoblade has already experimented with minigames in the form of Tiger Tiger, so there is precedent.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Talked with some acquaintances from university today after lectures, and for whatever reason, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 came up, which resulted in them discussing amongst themselves how the plot is completely stupid, which then lead to a comparatively civil debate on who would be better at doing the horizontal hula between Pyra, Mythra, and Nia. Which THEN lead to them saying how Rex is shotacon bait.

Rex being shotacon bait, now that's a new one. Like yeah, he's on the shorter side, just look at his height difference with Shulk in the Land of Challenge DLC

45a6df9.jpg

(Shulk is canonically 5'7 btw) but calling Rex "shotacon bait" is a stretch. 

Xenoblade 2 tends to be the target of "it's anime, therefore bad" and while there are valid criticisms to be had towards the writing, it's almost always glossed over in favor of what I just mentioned. Pre-release days were especially bad, it took until the Xenoblade 2 Direct a month before release for people to be like "oh shit, this game might actually be pretty good".

There's also Xenoblade 1 elitists, who only like Xenoblade 1 and think the other Xenoblade games are shit. It's not even something like "I don't like the direction the series is taking", they literally just hate the other Xenoblade games because they aren't like 1. And 2 is their common target (though before 2, X got a lot of flack from the same people). 

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, the character models in the original are really not good. The environments hold up better but the character models are just oof. The eyes are textures, so it made it really hard for the characters to emote. And the times they could emote was just.....uncanny.

Like, look at this comparison

IMG_20200506_105947.jpg

Considering what they had to work with, the quality back then was actually really good, though. It's not their fault the Wii isnt the greatest system.

25 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Speaking of Cold Steel, how about those chests and their puns?

Ah. Yeah. About that.

Cold Steel doesn't have them.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

I don't recall ever hearing about either of these but if the Cat Ear Unit has a description that says "for all those freaks out there", it could very well be a reference to the Japan-only Xenosaga spin-off that is Xenosaga Freaks.

It said "freaks" in there, but I dunno about the original Japanese line.

I haven't the faintest clue where this notion entered my mind, but my brain tells me it heard KOS-MOS in Japanese randomly once in a blue moon drops a "nyah"- the Japanese onomatopoeia for "meow"- into her speech. A very weird trait the English translation chose to leave out. If this, and I could be very wrong, is true, then the Car Ear Unit could be referencing this. Still does not explain the swimsuit and lingerie, but I'm not going to order a grand inquisition into it.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

(Shulk is canonically 5'7 btw) but calling Rex "shotacon bait" is a stretch.

Thats the same as adult Link going off of Ocarina of Time (IDK about every other LoZ game). And it happens to be the average Japanese male is... 5'7 (170 cm for metric users). No coincidence I'd wager, it makes the Master Sword and Monado Boys ever more the everyman in the origin land. A pinch of physical relatability.

Now, if I could stand Adult Link and Young Link side-by-side (or hack Iron Boots onto Young Link and use the Lake Lab's chart), if it isn't already known, I could better deduce Rex's height from the comparison. If Melee kept their OoT size difference the same, I'd have a reason to boot up the old GameCube for the first time in like a decade. -Ultimate can't be relied on b/c BotW Link has an unknown official height.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

31 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Now, if I could stand Adult Link and Young Link side-by-side (or hack Iron Boots onto Young Link and use the Lake Lab's chart), if it isn't already known, I could better deduce Rex's height from the comparison.

Rex already has a canon height, he's 4'11 (or 150 cm). There's a height chart included in the artbook:

Spoiler

j1d9QqZ.png

There's also a Torna height chart too:

BxysE3J.jpg

30 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Rex already has a canon height, he's 4'11 (or 150 cm). There's a height chart included in the artbook:

Thanks!

Using Brighid as the closest thing to Shulk stand-in (if we leave out the heels she wears they should be very close) to compare Rex against in that chart, it means that Shulk's canon height looks like more or less properly transferred into XC2. And if Shulk is about right, Elma sorta-kinda-maybe-in-a-way-yet-not-really could be height guesstimated, if it isn't already known.

4'11 is very short, not normally the height of a fully mature adult male. Though his journey and character development don't exactly deviate from the standard of a more grown JRPG protag, Rex can safely be branded physically a shota then (the very boyish wearing of shorts- well, a bodysuit that gives the impression of shorts due to the belt- goes with this). -But you needn't go wacko and call him "shotacon bait".

-Or, maybe you argue that XC2 is simply a world where the average human height is less than in reality. Or, a tall person is seeing the real world as taller than it actually is- my own height aligns with Vandham's or Malos's.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Still does not explain the swimsuit and lingerie, but I'm not going to order a grand inquisition into it.

Oh the swimsuits. I didn't catch that the first time but Xenosaga (Episode III at least) had swimsuits as cosmetics. And just like in Xenoblade, they show up on the cutscenes too.

CastSwimsuit.png

48 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

In regards to the canon heights, I think the funniest thing is how much of an absolute unit Bana is. Rex may be shorter than the average human but at about the same height, Bana is much taller than the average Nopon.

33 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

4'11 is very short, not normally the height of a fully mature adult male. 

And he isn't. Though I don't remember where it was said, Rex's canonical age is 15. Most men stop growing at around 16 or 17, though some may keep growing a bit after that.

On that note, the chart also shows Niall and Hugo being the same height as Rex as well. Now, Niall's age is unknown but we know Hugo is canonically 18 so while Rex has a bit of room left to grow, Hugo's problably stuck with his height.

I wasn't imagining KOS-MOS to look so human. I had unspokenly imagined her armor was built into her and was irremovable like a turtle's shell (don't let cartoons fool you- you'd kill the animal if you tried). 

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

And he isn't. Though I don't remember where it was said, Rex's canonical age is 15. Most men stop growing at around 16 or 17, though some may keep growing a bit after that.

On that note, the chart also shows Niall and Hugo being the same height as Rex as well. Now, Niall's age is unknown but we know Hugo is canonically 18 so while Rex has a bit of room left to grow, Hugo's problably stuck with his height.

Gotta hope for the growth spurt then with what little time remains if Rex doesn't want to go down in history as "the Little Hero". But he's not the first 15-year old JRPG main protag I've encountered.

A year or two on anime ages if it's under ~25 does say more than it would IRL. 15-16 shouldn't really be all that different in general character from 17, but that deduction of a year or two from the 17 "average" is to some extent meant to convey a more youthful protag (or character in general) in outlook, with 18-19 meant for a slightly more mature character, and 20-24 is "mature character". -Or so I sense things to be. I haven't gathered a sea of data to prove it.

For the bolded...

Spoiler

It's hard to grow when you're, you know

Spoiler

dead.😢

Stupidly missed part of what you said and wrote unnecessary information b/c of it.

I wasn't imagining KOS-MOS to look so human. I had unspokenly imagined her armor was built into her and was irremovable like a turtle's shell (don't let cartoons fool you- you'd kill the animal if you tried)

Well, KOS-MOS' second form implies that her "skin" is actually a separate layer and there is more underneath it.

Kosmos0111i1ii.png

This is the only form of KOS-MOS that does not have any "skin" apart from her head.

And considering each of her forms has a different outfit, yeah she's definitely built like a human. 

Interestingly enough, Xenoblade 2 KOS-MOS might be the only version of the character that is biological. Yeah, some Blades do have more mechanical appearances but despite appearances, Blades are biological. The same applies to T-elos.

For the bolded...

Spoiler

Spoiler

Yeah. 

Spoiler

Rest in peace Hugo. We won't forget you.

Edited by Armagon