The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

18 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's a limited endless? A not varied endless?

The variety is endless in Mario Maker. But a good portion of the levels are either bad or Little Timmy levels. You know the ones.

Mario Maker does feel like it's one of those games that's more fun to watch others play it rather than playing it yourself. Which is why i haven't made the purchase. I could be wrong.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't say I know.

I suppose I can understand that one. At least, I do find enjoyment in watching others play. Not always more when I play something myself. I suppose it does depend on the game. Sometimes I watch LP's mostly to see the person reacting, not so much the person playing. Sometimes.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Mario Maker 2 is a game I wanna get but idk if the $60 is worth it. You do technically get endless content but like, you know what I mean. 

totally understand, especially after getting the game. The fun you have with it varies every time from trash to amazingly good. It really depends on what levels you get

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

totally understand, especially after getting the game. The fun you have with it varies every time from trash to amazingly good. It really depends on what levels you get

If it ever goes on sale, i'll pick it up probably.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ah, lol. I had forgotten level sharing was a thing. Now I get it.

Not in Mario Maker 3DS.

I think I've found my new ear-worm...

I always liked this slow paced version of The Winner, when hearing it in SRW. However I had never heard its actual lyrics. I'm surprised they're in English, considering things.

I don't mind earworms, since it usually only happens with songs I quite like, but for me, they tend to happen at the most inopportune times.
Like, you want to focus on something (or worse, try to sleep) and your brain is like "NOPE! Have this catchy song be the main thing on your mind right now/keep you awake!"

26 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Like, you want to focus on something (or worse, try to sleep) and your brain is like "NOPE! Have this catchy song be the main thing on your mind right now/keep you awake!"

It's the opposite for me. I get more distracted if i'm not listening to something. Unless i'm trying to go to sleep, i feel like i need to be listenting to music or something, otherwise i start to feel like something's off. I first noticed this in middle school where i would struggle to concentrate on tests but when it got to the point that i was the last one who hadn't turned it in yet and i could hear everyone else just talking cause they were done, i would actually be able to get more focused on what i was doing.

Even when i hang out with my friends, i always do keep one earbud in.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's the opposite for me. I get more distracted if i'm not listening to something. Unless i'm trying to go to sleep, i feel like i need to be listenting to music or something, otherwise i start to feel like something's off. I first noticed this in middle school where i would struggle to concentrate on tests but when it got to the point that i was the last one who hadn't turned it in yet and i could hear everyone else just talking cause they were done, i would actually be able to get more focused on what i was doing.

I tend to listen to music when I write or study, too.
It's just that when I really don't want to listen to music in a specific moment or situation, a particularly catchy song will almost always come up.
Like the other day, during lectures, my brain found it fitting to play back the Torna battle theme. You know. That one. On repeat, no less.
Now, the theme is awesome, among my favorites in XC2 (only beaten out by the Uraya theme), but when I'm supposed to listen to a professor talk and absorb the information they give to me, having my mind's main focus be some awesome track is not exactly the most productive thing in the world, I found.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Even when i hang out with my friends, i always do keep one earbud in.

This I am also guilty of. So very guilty.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

This is some fun music. I like it!

Edited by DragonFlames

I guess for me it depends. Sometimes hearing something helps me, sometimes it is a distraction.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

The game is hella fun, too! It's basically Waifu Mario Party

That does sound pretty fun with friends.

Come to think of it, most games are.
Even singleplayer games can be more fun when you're playing them together, such as suggesting strategies, where to go, that kind of stuff.

13 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

It's just that when I really don't want to listen to music in a specific moment or situation, a particularly catchy song will almost always come up.
Like the other day, during lectures, my brain found it fitting to play back the Torna battle theme. You know. That one. On repeat, no less.
Now, the theme is awesome, among my favorites in XC2 (only beaten out by the Uraya theme), but when I'm supposed to listen to a professor talk and absorb the information they give to me, having my mind's main focus be some awesome track is not exactly the most productive thing in the world, I found.

Completely understandable. I imagine that's how it is for people usually.

But for me, even during lectures, i do keep one earbud in. But if a professor tells me to take off my earbuds, then i don't really have a choice (most don't seem to mind or care tho, i've only had one professor actively tell people to put away their earbuds) but it's not like not listenting to something is detrimental to me. It would feel like something's off but it doesn't really impede me when i'm trying to do something.

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

The game is hella fun, too! It's basically Waifu Mario Party

Can't say i'm surprised that exists. Curious to see how that play.

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

and friendship destroying

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Completely understandable. I imagine that's how it is for people usually.

But for me, even during lectures, i do keep one earbud in. But if a professor tells me to take off my earbuds, then i don't really have a choice (most don't seem to mind or care tho, i've only had one professor actively tell people to put away their earbuds) but it's not like not listenting to something is detrimental to me. It would feel like something's off but it doesn't really impede me when i'm trying to do something.

I don't think anyone would fault you if it did.
I can understand the feeling of something being off without some kind of music playing.

It hasn't come up too much lately due to the lockdown, but whenever I'm out of the house, I need to listen to music. Especially when I'm on the bus or grocery shopping or even within university (outside of lectures, of course). The reason is that I tend to get outright panic attacks whenever there's too many people around me at once (or even if a complete stranger stands too close to me), so music helps calm me down.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Can't say i'm surprised that exists. Curious to see how that play.

Rule #73: If something can be made into a waifu, you can bet your rear end that someone's gonna make a waifu out of it.

Edited by DragonFlames

Jimmy: (manning the cash register) A Double McSpanky with fries and a Flurp. That'll be 6.53. (takes the customer's money and gives him change) And 3.47's your change!
Skeet: (sighs) Dude, you're supposed to push the buttons with the pictures of food on 'em.
Jimmy: Don't need to, Skeet: I memorized the prices, and did the tax and change in my head!
Skeet: Oh, okay, Mister Magic Man - I also did not hear you say "Big McThankies from McSpanky's" to the customer!
Jimmy: Well, frankly, it struck me as... clichéd. What do you think about this? "Don't let our food be denied you - put our polyunsaturated fats and triglycerides inside you!"
Skeet: I'll tell you what I think...

(Jimmy is now on mop duty)

Jimmy: (rudley imitating Skeet) "No human brain can add three things, dude. Like, the machine knows the tax, dude!"

Skeet: (manning the cash register) Picture of money, picture of money... ha! Gotcha! (presses the money button) Big McThankies from McSpanky's! Heh, heh. (to Jimmy, pointing to an open packet of salt on the ground) Hey, dude! You missed a spot.
Jimmy: I got it. (Skeet picks up the packet) Just a little sodium chloride.
Skeet: Actually, dude, it's salt.
Jimmy: That's what I said! Sodium chloride.
Skeet: Ah, dude... that would be salt. If you don't know what salt is, maybe mop duty's too complicated for ya! What size are you - small?
Jimmy: Yeah, why?

(Jimmy is now standing outside the restaurant wearing a burger suit)

Jimmy: "If you want cheap food with taste, put McSpanky's in your face!"

I think I had this memorized at one point.

13 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Oof, what game was it, bash n' cash? Personal favorite of mine!

100% Orange Juice

yes, it'S called that, check it out

Well, that was a night for the rubbish bin. Slept for maybe three hours because I was sweating all the time. Probably caused due to my excitement of continuing Cold Steel III...

I got Mario Maker 2 in a deal of Amazon where to get three games for 111 €. Purchased this, Tokyo Mirage Session and Nino Kuni 1. It was a great deal especially if you consider MM2 and TMS cost normally 60 €. Though I have seen MM2 for 40 € in the e-shop too in this year. I made a castle level, but I forgot to save it, lol. It's a nice filler game for sure.

11 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

There is an item crafting system, but nothing big or deep like Atelier has, since the game doesn't put a huge focus on it.
As for simulation aspects (assuming this means time management, bonding stuff, and the like), at least the games that I've played didn't have any. There is a friendship system that gives characters something akin support bonuses and support skills in battle the higher their friendship level is, but that levels up through fighting together.

Doesn't sound too bad for me.

The main issue I had with the game I played it was too hard for me. I died to the second boss already.

Edited by Falcom Knight

I'd say, when writing, perhaps one thing that can be as bad to me as struggling to write itself... is deciding what to write. Like, I have a set idea, but then I think up on several ways to fulfill said idea, and I'm at a loss on which one to go with.

I'm currently wanting to write something... but then I'm stumped on how to write it...

Edited by Acacia Sgt