The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

any game that's not ys ii is probably fine, really

for the games available on modern plataforms there's

Ys i & ii chronicles (PSP, PC), this is the most modern version of the first two games they're kinda like a game split in two like Tits FC and SC and they ended up being sold bundled like this over the years
These two use the traditional bump system, the balance in Ys I is a bit weird and you reach the max level midway through the game but i'd say it's still worth going through it. Ys II improves a lot and is the one i'd call  legitimately great of the two

Ys VI the Ark of Napishtim(PS2, PSP, PC) this one is not very good, it introduced a new gameplay style in a overhead 3d enviroment with a jumping system and the three elemental swords to the games but i didn''t feel very polished at all, you can start with it if you're of the mind that you like the games to get better as you go

Ys the Oath in Felghana,(PSP, PC) this is a remake of Ys III but in the style of Napishtim, it improves quite a bit on it and is ends up with a great game, a bit odd spot to start with but should still be fine

Ys Origin(PC, PS4, PSV), this one is my favorite, it goes further with the Napishtim/Felghana gameplay and this time has three different playable characters with their own version of the story for you
There's several references to past Ys games, specially Ys I & II but should still be fine playing it before those

Ys SEVEN(PSP, PC) was their first game in the series after leaving PC development and adopted another new gameplay style, this time there are party members and skills you gain from your weapons, i haven't played much of it myself but it should be a fine starting point

Ys Memories of Celceta(PSV) is a remake of Ys IV but in the style of Ys SEVEN, i don't really know much about this one aside from that, but it should be in a similar spot as Felghana as an entry point

Ys VIII Lacrimosa of Dana(PS4, PSV, PC, NSW) - fuck NISA don't get this one

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Get all DLC weapons, Orphan of Kos, Laurence

mainly because you need to beat Kos to get the Kos Parasite anyway

I like how a lot of people say Ludwig's second phase is easier but I got it switched around, I've got no idea how to dodge his delayed combos 

Edited by Tryhard

Divinity: Original Sin 2? Yeah, it's a great game.

It suffers from Dark Souls Post-Anor Londo syndrome where Chapter 3 and 4 are a decline in quality, though.

Edited by Tryhard

29 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

Divinity: Original Sin 2? Yeah, it's a great game.

It suffers from Dark Souls Post-Anor Londo syndrome where Chapter 3 and 4 are a decline in quality, though.

Yeah that one

just curious because a lot of people complained about it only being #19 on resetera’s goty list, and since you’ve mentioned CRPGs before wanted to know your opinion on it

"Apparently, he can steal my levels. SOUNDS FUN! Sounds like, if I don't beat this game in the next 45 minutes... I'M NEVER PLAYING IT AGAIN! I DON'T GIVE A FUCK! I only replayed this game for the online boss fight and it didn't fucking work! Basically, I WASTED MY FUCKING TIME!"

Boss kills him again after taking a level. "This game sucks! Don't even want to fucking play it anymore! I remember how broken it is at the end now! I don't want to fucking do this. This sucks. I'm done. I'm seriously done. I HATE THIS GAME! You have to grind for it to be good!"

"If I had more health, I'd be fine! *SNORT* The game is no fucking fun at all because I didn't grind this time! I don't wanna do this anymore! It's so fucking annoying and not fun! STOOPID fucking game!"

Dragon kills him.
"I don't wanna play anymore. This game sucks. I just don't care. I don't care to have to replay 5-10 minutes of BORING SHIT to get to a boss that insta kills me. This is so fucking BORING and not fun!"

"I'm being REAL with everyone. If I knew the online component for Demon's didn't work properly, NO ONE TOLD ME, if I had known it was fucking broken, I never would've replayed this fucking game. COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME!"

"This sucks. Fucking sucks, dood! It's not fun! To keep doing this to get to final boss isn't fun! Have to do it over and over and over then I get to the boss, and he fucking kills me in 2 seconds! GARBAGE GAMEPLAY! This is a really bad game!"

"Last try. If I don't beat the boss now, I'm fucking done. This game requires a grind I'm not fucking doing! This game sucks. Dark Souls is 1 million times better than this piece of shit! If I grinded and had DOUBLE the health, I could win, but I'm fucked cuz I played legit!"

~ DSP, on his second playthrough of Demon's Souls he is willingly doing.

Edited by Tryhard

i think they have some advice for this

it's along the lines of 'become proficient'

though he made me want to record a bloodborne run for funsies

I think I'll do a 99 arcane run since I see like no pure arcane full playthroughs on youtube tbh

26 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

"Apparently, he can steal my levels. SOUNDS FUN! Sounds like, if I don't beat this game in the next 45 minutes... I'M NEVER PLAYING IT AGAIN! I DON'T GIVE A FUCK! I only replayed this game for the online boss fight and it didn't fucking work! Basically, I WASTED MY FUCKING TIME!"

hahaha

In the end, did he manage to beat Allant?

He won on his last attempt using the Meat Cleaver, which is a very good weapon.

The funny thing is he mentioned that he "already beat the game once", but he summoned two people for Allant on his first playthrough lol.

And really, False King Allant feels like some basic shit by this point. He's got the Ornstein charge, a few sword combos, and few ranged wave attacks easily dodged to the left or right, and an AoE explodey attack which gives you two minutes to run away. Oh yeah, and the soulsucker grab, which is kind of interesting because it drains levels.

Like, Phil's played Dark Souls 1 multiple times, Dark Souls 2 multiple times, Dark Souls 3, Bloodborne and the DLC for all of these save Bloodborne since he ragequit at Ludwig, and now Demon's Souls multiple times. False King Allant should be not that bad by this point because all those subsequent games are harder than Demon's Souls especially in regards to the bosses.

Weird that he wanted to play again for the Old Monk fight when he doesn't seem to like PvP at all though.

Personally I like how he wrapped up in the ending by just saying the game was shit when he said in his first playthrough that he liked it lol.

Edited by Tryhard

i doubt it

apparently he's moving in his girlfriend in february so he'll keep up airs of being responsible for a few weeks before getting her to cook, clean and contribute through a job she has and ruin another girl's life

that's dsp for you

like, he met this girl like a month or two? or even less after leaving his ex, and is already calling her "his soulmate"

that shit just creepy

Edited by Tryhard

man I went back and watched Phil playing 5-1 and he's complaining and failing so much

you'd think someone who has experience of literally hundreds of hours in these games would be able to beat 5-1 in Demon's Souls after going through 3/4 of the rest of the game without much difficulty to the point that he devolves into "this game sucks" every 15 seconds

it boggles the mind

Edited by Tryhard