Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Nobody said:

Got it on steam?

it’s fun. Definitely better than DS2. Have you started it?

yeah i played a bit of it yesterday

i'll be trying to stream myself playing so if you want to see how much i suck you can check my twitch anytime

1 minute ago, Chen said:

as expected from the gamefaqs man

why did she win anyways??

Possibly because people want her and other of the game’s villains playble, and IS will make the winners playble.

Also, Eirika was almost getting number 2 alongside celica, but IS released another variant of her just before voting started, which stopped people from voting for her.

Edited by Nobody

start a total war campaign

play for a bit, stop

play civilization

play for a bit, realise I have no idea what I'm doing, stop

start playing crusader kings 2

play for a bit, realise I have no idea what I'm doing, my heir is literally possessed by satan, stop

this is why I never finish games

Edited by Tryhard

Just play civ for shit and giggles and start a war against everyone.

i don’t play civ very often. Like, I get an urge to play it a day or two per year, but when I start playing I can’t stop until the gam is over, and I completely lose the notion of time.

Edited by Nobody

that's the thing, I'm bad at civ. When I was playing before I only won scientific victories, but found it boring. I wanted to play a civ that does well with Domination, but I'm just so bad at determining what is good and warring

Maybe I'll just try Scythia in Civ 6 and just spam their horse archers

I think you should try Total War, I think you'd enjoy it if you can get used to the real time battles :P

Edited by Tryhard

26 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

I think you should try Total War, I think you'd enjoy it if you can get used to the real time battles :P

Hmm, I’ll look into it. Is it like civ?

4 minutes ago, FrostyFireMage said:

I'd take Veronica over Ephraim and Hector anyday

You’re crazy. Ephraim best lord and Hector is cool even if I prefer Eliwooood (building a five star plus ten eli right now with broy build).

14 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Hmm, I’ll look into it. Is it like civ?

Kind of. It consists of the campaign map part which is quite like Civ, except there is less a focus on city building or improvements and mostly about unit recruitment and army movement. You can't settle wherever you want, every faction has their own predetermined locations. There's usually quite a few factions to pick like in the below where every highlighted faction is playable and the rest of the regions are populated by barbarians in a way that's similar to Civ (from Medieval II Total War, personal favourite but pretty old now - in some newer games like Shogun 2 the entire map can be full of factions, even if all of them are not playable)

map_england.jpg

So generally, it's not quite as in-depth as Civ in the above regard for maintaining production, science values etc (although technologies, growth and happiness of cities does exists and is important)

However, instead of battles being completely abstract like they are in Civ aside from seeing an animation, you can either choose to auto-resolve or go to the battle map, where you control units in a real time fashion.

Usually the games are in a historical context, but lately they've made two games that are paired with Warhammer Fantasy and so they would be the easiest to show despite differences with the older games. There's one focusing on the Viking Invasion and Great Britain and Ireland coming out soon, and another game coming out in Fall apparently with a Three Kingdoms theme in China.

This video gives a pretty good overview (for IGN standards)

The one thing is that the newer games can be sort of demanding in terms of PC requirements.

Edited by Tryhard

33 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

I’m very drunk right now so i can’r properly read long texts, but it does sound fun. I’ll see the video later when i’m at a more appropriate place

13 minutes ago, Tonton said:

which one was you nobody

“I’d rather have Camilla” which i think they misinterpreted as me being a camilla fan. What i meant was that Veronica is so bad even camilla would be less bad (i voted eirika to get her to the top 2) and also “veronica’s face makes me angry”